Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:25 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:37 am

riadach wrote:
This it? http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Question

What are you talking about? It's the topical comedy news show on every Friday on BBC Radio 4. Steve Punt and Hugh Dennis present, John Holmes(all 2 inches of him) reads listeners' letters with Mitch Benn setting some sections to music. Laura Shavin, Marcus Brigstocke and others sometimes do sections on their own whch are of an exceptional standard.

It is in the same slot as The News Quiz, which is chaired by Sandi Toksvig(used to be Simon Hoggart before a sex scandal) and panellists include Fred McCauly, Andy Hamilton and Sue Perkins and lots of other people from time to time.

They are both very funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:05 am

Just wanted to rick roll someone :-(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 2:36 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 2:37 am

riadach wrote:
Just wanted to rick roll someone :-(

Oh, well consider me well rick rolled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Helium Three wrote:
I like this story about the world's oldest person who is celebrating her 115th Birthday.

She has been a widow for seventy years! That is just mind-boggling. To live through three centuries is some feat. I hope she'll make 120, that's just amazing to think someone can live that long. Many thanks for bringing that to our attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 5:54 pm

As love songs go, this is one of the best.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 5:56 pm

On second thoughts, I'm not sure if this more correctly belongs in Audi's 'getting laid with a bird thread' or cactus flower's chicken-rearing thread.

The urge to troll is overwhelming...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Kate P wrote:
On second thoughts, I'm not sure if this more correctly belongs in Audi's 'getting laid with a bird thread' or cactus flower's chicken-rearing thread.

The urge to troll is overwhelming...

Stick it on every thread you mention and you'll have your bases covered!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 5:35 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Congratulations Johnfás, that all sounds good. My tricks for interviews are -
1. be memorable: wear one small item that is distinctive but not jokey (harder for men).
2. put yourself in the place of the people who are interviewing you. They may be nervous, bored, distracted etc etc. Give them your full focus as you would a shy person in a party. Make them confortable - a little joke usually relaxes everyone .
3. Smile, and mirror body language a bit.
4. They want to be able to boast about who they have appointed. Make sure they have something special they can say about you. Very Happy

Its always worked.

I know two people who were at interview today. Both were asked "If you were an entrepreneur, what sort of business would you set up". Fairly odd question... think I'll have a think in my head what sort of answer I'd give.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:11 pm

...ice-cream. I had my first of the season in the sun today - and that was before I saw your sunny avatar Johnfás. Where?

Anyway, I had a Golly Bar.

Them were the days...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:29 pm

Kate P wrote:
...ice-cream. I had my first of the season in the sun today - and that was before I saw your sunny avatar Johnfás. Where?

Anyway, I had a Golly Bar.

Them were the days...

A GOLLY BAR!! Shocked Gotta get myself one of those later. I had a Maltesers Ice Cream earlier on but I'm not a great fan of Mars Ice Creams.

The photo in the avatar is me sitting on a rock pondering the view over Nakuru National Park in Western Kenya, on the edge of the Rift Valley. It was then put into an Andy Warhol photo suite which gave it the cartoony blue effect you see. Lake Nakuru, which is situated in the National Park is an absolutely amazing place, home to no less than one million flamingos during most of the year.

Unfortunately the town and area of Nakuru was one of the areas which suffered most in the recent ethno-communal violence which followed the elections.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7208421.stm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 2:36 am

I should have mentioned this an hour ago but the moon earlier was like a shiny twopence piece. It's like a grubby tenpence here now, but earlier it was just beautiful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Yes, it's me again.

I like escaping from the madding confirmation crowd into my sister's study with a can of coke (an emergency measure) and a slice of chocolate cake for the chance to connect with some sanity in this place.

I also like my nephew's Bart Simpson slippers so much that he's not getting them back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:06 pm

I like conversations with really old people. It is like climbing into a little time machine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 am

I like being able to see all the threads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:03 am

I like the miracle of the sun at fatima. Have yet to get my head around it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 am

riadach wrote:
sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:25 am

cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
sunny

Now now, don't be mocking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:28 am

riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
sunny

Only my ignorance, Riadach: what was the Fatima thing ( I was bussed in from another universe alien )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:36 am

cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
sunny

Only my ignorance, Riadach: what was the Fatima thing ( I was bussed in from another universe alien )

Can anyone give me a valid skeptic's explanation that covers all the facts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_sun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 3:57 am

riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
sunny

Can anyone give me a valid skeptic's explanation that covers all the facts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_sun

Retinal flashes? sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 4:03 am

retinal link

There is a very beautiful French film called Le Rayon d'or by Eric Rohmer made in 1986. It touches on how people connect and a phenomenon that happens as the sun sets called the Green Ray.

Link to film info
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 pm

So 70,000 people experienced retinal flashes? Even those who weren't looking directly at the sun up to 40 kilometres away? These green flashes happen at sunrise and sunset, the incident in fatima happened at high noon.

Back to the drawing board I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next