Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

McCain temporarily suspends campaign

Go down 
AuthorMessage

McCain temporarily suspends campaign Empty
PostSubject: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:08 am

Quote :

Republican White House hopeful John McCain has said he is suspending
his campaign and returning to Washington to help deal with the economic
crisis.

And he called for a TV debate with Democratic rival Barack Obama, scheduled for Friday, to be delayed.

BBC News

Good PR - makes him look like a President. Looks like he is taking the lead and Obama answering his call. They are going to release a joint statement according to BBC Radio 4. Will this look like Obama signing up to McCain's plan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:32 am

Obama's calling him out for ducking the debate - it could go either way. But basically, unless there is some form of spectacular shock event, Obama will walk it. It is the economy, isn't it.

One man is not impressed:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/mccains-economic-plan-blu_b_128990.html

The other thing I heard is that City voters are queuing up to register - perhaps this woman has something to do with it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/24/wanda-sykes-tears-into-go_n_128902.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 6:51 am

What a stupid stunt.

Yes the economic situation is grave, but it really isn't that complicated. Combination of restoring confidence and transparency and eliminating fraud. You definitely don't sit down and reward those that caused the problem. The way I would look at it is you have many of the devils exactly where you want them. Time to castrate. The crisis is an opportunity as well as a threat.

Obama wins and boy are an awful lot of people in for a truely disappointing 4 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:09 pm

On Monday McCain used the Bertie line "The fundamentals are sound".
Now, Thursday, he thinks the presidential campaign should be suspended?
He's fooling nobody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:15 pm

johnfás wrote:
Quote :

crisis.

And he called for a TV debate with Democratic rival Barack Obama, scheduled for Friday, to be delayed.

BBC News

Good PR - makes him look like a President. Looks like he is taking the lead and Obama answering his call. They are going to release a joint statement according to BBC Radio 4. Will this look like Obama signing up to McCain's plan?

I have to disagree with you there. I think it is hilariously bad PR and Obama should absolutely stick it to him on this. It smacks of pure desparation and the Obama campaign are now hammering him; accusing him of an inability to multitask. This is pure low-grade, optics bullshit and Obama should call him on it and paint him for what he is; an impulsive, hypocrtical, power-hungry old man. I have lost every ounce of respect that I had for McCain as I have seen his campaign develop. This fool has been sitting up there for 26 years and all of a sudden he has seen the light and has had on a road to Damascus coversion to the benefits of regulation. Anyway, there is nothing to worry about. Just listen to Sarah's solutions. The world is safe.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Squire wrote:
What a stupid stunt.

Yes the economic situation is grave, but it really isn't that complicated. Combination of restoring confidence and transparency and eliminating fraud. You definitely don't sit down and reward those that caused the problem. The way I would look at it is you have many of the devils exactly where you want them. Time to castrate. The crisis is an opportunity as well as a threat.

Obama wins and boy are an awful lot of people in for a truely disappointing 4 years.

Obama will only stand up if there is a mass of people behind him who won't let him back down. He's already been talking about which programmes to cut. When I was a child the US was a kind of dream world in which everyone had a swimming pool and several changes of clothes. Now I think of food lines and shelters for homeless middle class people and people left to drown in the floods. People in America are mainly so hard working and decent they don't deserve this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:48 pm

johnfás wrote:
Quote :

crisis.

BBC News

He's taken a hammering over the economy this past week or so and this looks like a desperate attempt to jolt things back in his favour. This happened with Palin not so long ago. She's payed off, so far. But how many lucky gambles can he take?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 4:05 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Obama will only stand up if there is a mass of people behind him who won't let him back down. He's already been talking about which programmes to cut. When I was a child the US was a kind of dream world in which everyone had a swimming pool and several changes of clothes. Now I think of food lines and shelters for homeless middle class people and people left to drown in the floods. People in America are mainly so hard working and decent they don't deserve this.

I would not trust Obama with the church collection. The guy's main asset seems to be his ability to be a convincing pathological liar. The people of America need to ditch these con merchants. As for McCain, perhaps Alzheimer's has set in but his past on economic issues wasn't exactly astute. People really need to ask who supports these candidates. Whose interests will McCain represent, and Obama's rise in Chicago politics oh come on! Man of the people, next I will be asked to believe in the tooth fairy.

I actually think the two VP's would be better Presidents. They both make gaffs and are unpolished, but it is easier to get to the truth with people like that and I don't think Palin is quite the wicked witch from the North that the, not so, liberal press want to believe. The lies and false stories have been a real eye opener. She is pro life, pro gun and has some right wing views but believes in energy self sufficiency and a balanced budget. In a toss up between Todd and people like him and the Financial institutions whose side do you think she would come down on? Probably the same one as Joe Biden. The problem comes when you ask the same question with McCain and Obama in mind. Would sell their own grandmother is a phrase that springs to mind.

Really dire choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 5:49 pm

McCain temporarily suspends campaign Palin-putin-house
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McCain temporarily suspends campaign   McCain temporarily suspends campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

McCain temporarily suspends campaign
Page 1 of 1