Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

I'm fed up

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

I'm fed up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm fed up   I'm fed up - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 8:47 pm

TGOC wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
One person cannnot do anything on their own, no matter how smart. Only together.
Agreed, but everyone is so busy today, and so focussed on economic matters, that they seem to have little time for other projects. Believe me, I have tried to encourage people to participate in my own work, which relates to education, and have so far been unable to get the sort of assistance I need, so I have had to plough a rather lonely furrow.

You seem to have done a lot of work just the same TGOC.
You have a very ambitious project. Perhaps if it was broken down into small steps it would be easier to move along? Is there anything you'd like feedback on? It wouldn't be good if we dropped everything because of the state of the economy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm fed up   I'm fed up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 12:35 am

cactus flower wrote:
TGOC wrote:
Respvblica wrote:
One person cannnot do anything on their own, no matter how smart. Only together.
Agreed, but everyone is so busy today, and so focussed on economic matters, that they seem to have little time for other projects. Believe me, I have tried to encourage people to participate in my own work, which relates to education, and have so far been unable to get the sort of assistance I need, so I have had to plough a rather lonely furrow.

You have a very ambitious project. Perhaps if it was broken down into small steps it would be easier to move along? Is there anything you'd like feedback on? It wouldn't be good if we dropped everything because of the state of the economy.

Well I resolved the issue of flash animations. So that was a small step.

The main issue seems to me, to be ambivalence in relation to the state of Mathematical/Computational education. At the level of the school system there is a virtual consensus that mathematics must be taught to students using a very rigorous approach based on understanding, there is very little comprehension of the power of a computational approach to mathematical education. One of the major issues, for me is the overkill in the usage of calculators. If that could be seriously questioned then it would be a great help.

At the other end of the spectrum, Professors of Mathematics are in thrall with boolean logic and will not accept any methodology which is based on a heuristic approach. By my own personal estimation boolean logic accounts for less than 1% of the techniques required in mathematical/computational knowledge. Perhaps the development of the rotation for creating a hyper-sphere in Real 4-space will help resolve that issue. I have a general idea of how to enumerate the initial constituents of the rotation, and the final constituents of the rotation, based on the topological equivalence between the cube and sphere in Real 3-space, and the hyper-cube and hyper-sphere in Real 4-space. So I have an idea of the start and end positions, all that is now required is to work out the details. So that is my next step.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm fed up   I'm fed up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 12:37 am

TGOC wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
TGOC wrote:
Respvblica wrote:

Well I resolved the issue of flash animations. So that was a small step.

The main issue seems to me, to be ambivalence in relation to the state of Mathematical/Computational education. At the level of the school system there is a virtual consensus that mathematics must be taught to students using a very rigorous approach based on understanding, there is very little comprehension of the power of a computational approach to mathematical education. One of the major issues, for me is the overkill in the usage of calculators. If that could be seriously questioned then it would be a great help.

At the other end of the spectrum, Professors of Mathematics are in thrall with boolean logic and will not accept any methodology which is based on a heuristic approach. By my own personal estimation boolean logic accounts for less than 1% of the techniques required in mathematical/computational knowledge. Perhaps the development of the rotation for creating a hyper-sphere in Real 4-space will help resolve that issue. I have a general idea of how to enumerate the initial constituents of the rotation, and the final constituents of the rotation, based on the topological equivalence between the cube and sphere in Real 3-space, and the hyper-cube and hyper-sphere in Real 4-space. So I have an idea of the start and end positions, all that is now required is to work out the details. So that is my next step.

Good luck with that. In the meantime, is there anywhere you could link us to where I could learn some computational techniques?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm fed up   I'm fed up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 12:48 am

TGOC wrote:
Respvblica wrote:

One area that I could do with immediate assistance with is in relation to posting .swf files onto Blogger. I have created a Google Group to act as the repository for the files, but the links keep getting broken. If anyone has a suggestion as to where to put rich internet media resources of the type used in falsh animations, which may then be posted on a blog, it would be extermely useful.

Thanks.

Would rapidshare be any good? Of course if you want to hypertext top the file, its not really appropriate. Some form of website perhaps. They used to give free webspace when you signed up for an internet account. What sort of space are you talking about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm fed up   I'm fed up - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 5:36 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Good luck with that. In the meantime, is there anywhere you could link us to where I could learn some computational techniques?

Kenneth William's Math2020 course, also Ajinkya Kale's Vedic Maths Forum India Blog and Math Monkey in the USA.

Respvblica wrote:
Would rapidshare be any good? Of course if you want to hypertext top the file, its not really appropriate. Some form of website perhaps. They used to give free webspace when you signed up for an internet account. What sort of space are you talking about?

Resolved the issue as seen in Jiffy Math. The files are posted in their own directory on the internet archive at Jiffy Math detail, and the download page includes a zip of the complete project files. It is the best solution I have seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm fed up   I'm fed up - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm fed up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Sign In-
Jump to: