Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Badly behaved cat

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:05 am

Some of you may be aware that I was sadly bereaved of my dog and cat early this year. After a few months, and in time with natures rhythm for cat production, we got a new white kitten.

The kitten is badly behaved. She climbs the curtains, does things where she shouldn't, and most irritatingly, tries to eat me.

I've had several cats, but this is the only one who has ever caused trouble. What can one do about a badly behaved cat ?
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:13 am

cactus flower wrote:
Some of you may be aware that I was sadly bereaved of my dog and cat early this year. After a few months, and in time with natures rhythm for cat production, we got a new white kitten.

The kitten is badly behaved. She climbs the curtains, does things where she shouldn't, and most irritatingly, tries to eat me.

I've had several cats, but this is the only one who has ever caused trouble. What can one do about a badly behaved cat ?

Get a pistol - a water one. Sorry to hear about your dog and cat . Were they old?

Do you also need a cat toilet?
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 am

Climbing the curtains is a kitten thing to do but on toilet duties a cat is usually very fastidious, if they have somewhere sensible to go. Is the kitten very young, perhaps it was taken from its mother too young?
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:18 am

cactus flower wrote:

I'm sorry to say I usually encourage them.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Get a pistol - a water one. Sorry to hear about your dog and cat . Were they old?

Do you also need a cat toilet?

I don't but the cat does. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:24 am

Squire wrote:
Climbing the curtains is a kitten thing to do but on toilet duties a cat is usually very fastidious, if they have somewhere sensible to go. Is the kitten very young, perhaps it was taken from its mother too young?

She was very young. Her father ate all her siblings, so it was a rescue job. But we have had very young ones before and they have been brilliant. She is a barn cat, and I think basically is feral. What a Face
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:33 am

cactus flower wrote:
Squire wrote:

She was very young. Her father ate all her siblings, so it was a rescue job. But we have had very young ones before and they have been brilliant. She is a barn cat, and I think basically is feral. What a Face

Maybe she has imprinted on you so now you're her mother? You'll have to play mammy cat and get her to fight you and then limit her when she gets out of hand and all that.

Usually water is a very good deterrent for bad behaviour - cats are very afraid of it but it does them no harm, the big girls blouses.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 4:37 am

Badly behaved cat White-kittens-5

She is going to be the best mouser ever. She creeps along the backs of the sofas and then leaps across the room onto people's heads.

I'm afraid if we ever get the flu or a bad hangover we'll be kit-e-kat.

It just goes to show one should never form a relationship on the rebound. Her predecessor was a brilliant mouser and very sedate and companiable.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Looks like a lively bit of mischief. Cats are natures psychopaths. Totally self centred with no conscience.

Don't have pets myself as I move around, but at school the cats were frequent visitors to my room. Mr Stripe was a real character, I am convinced he actually tried to talk. He would even go for walks and come and meet me if I went into town. How he knew when I was returning has me puzzled to this day.

Dogs and dog scoops, the thoughts of it.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 2:29 pm

My mum has a cat just like that right now

Found in our garden when she was absolutely tiny last year - no idea how she got there - looked like somebody had chucked her over the wall or was the last survivor of a feral gang

Mother took her in and once she regained some energy ,went absolutely mental - climbing up anything, chairs,lamps,curtains, the auld lad etc etc - dont remember any issues on the waste disposal side of things - mother probably trained her very fast on that and now she has better sanitary habits than anybody else in the house - on the male side anyway.

She sounds very young - give her time and she'll settle down into usual cat routine of sleeping and lounging around all day, hunting all night and generally having the life without a care in the world. Getting the snip could help too - definitely with our one it did.

Apart from that- all I know is the mother spends an inordinate amount of time talking to it - far more than she does with old man thesedays - can still remember earlier this year when was she introducing the cat to the dog and vice versa Laughing and now they get on famously (at the start cat was attacking the dog - the usual tiger in the long grass routine - jump out of nowhere and swipe the dog across the nose with her claws - guaranteed to drive the dog insane ) -

probably helps the me mum is loosing it big time -well if you had bring up us lot and every dog,cat,fish,tortoise rabbit etc etc whose only condition of entry into our home was that they had to show some kind of general mental oddiity and be generally unhinged - well you can understand it - Stockholm Syndrome kicking in big time me thinks Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:29 pm

I *heart* naughty cats.

I *heart ever more* naughty sheep.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 10:49 pm

We got two of them but I cant put up pictures because, well, because I'm a bit dumb and don't know how. Sad

My cat, Arwen, is a real babe and 7 years old. C's cat, Sheila, is quite mad and about 13 years old.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Johnny Keogh wrote:
We got two of them but I cant put up pictures because, well, because I'm a bit dumb and don't know how. Sad

My cat, Arwen, is a real babe and 7 years old. C's cat, Sheila, is quite mad and about 13 years old.

Do they get on with each other ?
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:02 am

My mother-in-law is a cat magnet, cactus flower, I'll ask her in the morning. She's got about a dozen mooching around the place at the moment, though they never come to us just down the road - they know when they're lucky.

Quote :
Maybe she has imprinted on you so now you're her mother? You'll have to play mammy cat and get her to fight you and then limit her when she gets out of hand and all that.

Usually water is a very good deterrent for bad behaviour - cats are very afraid of it but it does them no harm, the big girls blouses.

From the sublime to the ridiculous - that's the post of the month, Audi. Great stuff.

Cats have staff rather than owners. I'd love a doggy wog, myself though don't know how I'd manage him.... He'd have to be an enthusiastic walker, house-trained and happy to sit on my feet as I work. Not a lot to ask....,well, not really.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:13 pm

A liberal sprinkling of white pepper in various places, and improved weather, seem to have overcome some of her personal issues.

Will now try taking her for a walk to work off some of the excess enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Just caught the cat shlurping the last of a mug of tea. Perhaps she is high on caffeine the whole time. That might account for it.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 3:44 pm

Spent the last hour cleaning the kitchen after an incident involving a cat and a meringue. Shocked

Last edited by cactus flower on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 3:46 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Spent the last hour cleaning the kitchen after an incident involving a cat and a meringue. Shocked

I suggest electric shock therapy.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Badly behaved cat White-persian-kitten

I'm not sure that that was a good idea.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 4:02 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Your meringue is safe, is it not?
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 4:03 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

My meringue is fe*ked. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 11:03 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

My meringue is fe*ked. Crying or Very sad

Well then the cat must suffer. No mercy, no quarter taken or given.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:09 am

Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:19 am

I like cats but we wont get any animals as we travel too much.

Get a crow or a raven. They are far more intelligent than either cats or dogs (on a par with chimps and dophins in terms of per weight brain size, and can beat them both at problem solving). I nursed a crow with a broken wing once. Its got more personality than you would think. You ever hear a crows funeral? On holloween I perhaps shouldnt talk of such things.
Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:27 am

I'm very fond of crows, but they are neighbours here, so I don't need to keep one. Plus they are very social and would miss their mates.

I love seeing them all going off to work in the mornings. In their sober dark garb they remind me of the City of London commuters of long ago, with suits, rolled umbrellas and bowler hats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Badly behaved cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Badly behaved cat   Badly behaved cat Empty

Back to top Go down

Badly behaved cat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: