Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:32 am

My money would be on her sinking without a trace over the next four years. The republicans will reach for a charismatic leader for the next election. Her voice is far too annoying for her to be charismatic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:34 am

anmajornarthainig wrote:
My money would be on her sinking without a trace over the next four years. The republicans will reach for a charismatic leader for the next election. Her voice is far too annoying for her to be charismatic.

And maybe too easily replicated ? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 2:39 am

Absolutely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 3:24 am

Palin gets pranked. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 3:43 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

( Laughing ) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:09 am

On the other thread I spoke of what the future may hold(anyone's guess). The Paulites look for a happy Wednesday. Palin will I believe tie her future to Paul with the aim of running against Obama by trying to win the House in 2010. Paul was smarter than those who thought he should run 3rd party.

Palin's usefullness to the power elite is over tomorrow and she will be portrayed as stupid. We will see about that. She is definitely not as stupid as McCain or Huckabee. If she is smart she will run with Paul as VP. Her husband was a member of the Independence Party.

A clue to her thinking comes at the end of this short clip

http://videos.caught-on-video.com/recentvideos/4/wm/cf098b73-1a78-409a-8112-9b0c00abee9c.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:22 am

[quote="youngdan"]On the other thread I spoke of what the future may hold(anyone's guess). The Paulites look for a happy Wednesday. Palin will I believe tie her future to Paul with the aim of running against Obama by trying to win the House in 2010. Paul was smarter than those who thought he should run 3rd party.

Palin's usefullness to the power elite is over tomorrow and she will be portrayed as stupid. We will see about that. She is definitely not as stupid as McCain or Huckabee. If she is smart she will run with Paul as VP. Her husband was a member of the Independence Party.

A clue to her thinking comes at the end of this short clip

http://videos.caught-on-video.com/recentvideos/4/wm/cf098b73-1a78-409a-8112-9b0c00abee9c.htm[/quote]

Youngdan, It is rarely that I find your opinions 100% wrong and more often I believe you hit the nail on the head on many issues. But here, on the subject of Palin, we seem to have diametrically opposing views.

She has been brutally exposed as a total lightweight and dangerously out of her depth. Maybe her level of knowledge was just about enough to be Mayor of Wasilla but, like Mary Coughlan, has been promoted wildly beyond her level of competence. The prank call was excruciating and the final nail in the coffin of her political career. I think she may face competition in getting re-elected Governer of Alaska.

Tom Baker on Have I got News for You summed her up.
"Sarah Palin is the woman who puts "Alas" in Alaska".
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 12:30 pm

Oh my god, I am so like all out of cringes after listening to that audio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Word of warning. On the final day of this torture I am liable to say anything.

I am cutting her some extreme slack but I will wait a few days. I accept Hillary as being levels above ordinary in brainpower but not so Obama. When the prompter broke he was cooked. Biden can think fast on his feet like we saw with the wheelchair gaffe.

I pass no remarks on her not knowing much about foreign policy as it was not necessary up to now for her.

I reckon she was told to overdo the folksy role. What will be interesting to see is if those who pushed her with the happy talk of Palin/Hillary talk will abandon her for the next Rudy style puppet. That is one reason that Mittster will have a tough job as Palin has`muddied his role.

Roll on Wednesday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 3:57 pm

youngdan wrote:

I am cutting her some extreme slack but I will wait a few days. I accept Hillary as being levels above ordinary in brainpower but not so Obama. When the prompter broke he was cooked. Biden can think fast on his feet like we saw with the wheelchair gaffe.

I pass no remarks on her not knowing much about foreign policy as it was not necessary up to now for her.

I reckon she was told to overdo the folksy role. What will be interesting to see is if those who pushed her with the happy talk of Palin/Hillary talk will abandon her for the next Rudy style puppet. That is one reason that Mittster will have a tough job as Palin has`muddied his role.

Roll on Wednesday

Biden is said to have an IQ of 146. But is being sharp necessary for a President?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 4:05 pm

youngdan wrote:

Roll on Wednesday

I think, youngdan, the four years between now and 2012 will be long ones for the Republicans but in that time they will have the opportunity to work out a coherant ticket for the 2012 election. Palin is unlikely to be on it. BTW, where is Quayle these days?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 4:43 pm

No sign of that bird. A good point he disappeared after actually being something for four years.

I need McCain to get trounced. There are 12 Paulites running for house seats but only BJ Lawson has any chance. What matters is that they do OK and stick arround as the nominees for 2010. There is 1 Paulite running for the senate, Conley, as a democrat. I have hope for him. Barkley in Minnesota as an independent is a longshot. It's all about keeping plugging away and trying to grab control of the republican brand name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 5:28 pm

You seem to have some time for Biden yougdan, can you tell me why he gets no media coverage at all? Is it just that he's outshone by Obama?

As for Palin, foreign policy is a must, I would have thought, for vice-presidency, not something you pick up after.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:22 pm

I do have time for Biden. It is hard to say why. First of all there are a lot of lads I like even though I might disagee with them when I think their opinion are honestly held. They say he is a gaffe machine. I would translate this to mean that he says what he thinks even though it is politically damaging. His position on Iraq was one of the few that was based on honesty and reality. He wants a withdrawal and a 3 state solution. If the Americans withdraw this is the reality. The idea of a unified Iraq is to my mind an insult to ones intelligence. Obama is only saying what he thinks will get him votes. Biden is gagged for the past while to keep him from telling some inconvenient truth. It's not that the media is ignoring him but vice versa.

Palin was a gamble and no doubt McCain hates her. He picked her to grab women who were unhappy that Hillary was not picked. The other demographic were the religous republicans who disdain McCain and were staying home. It worked for these but not the Hillary people. A decent enough pick as she was a pretty version of Mike Huckabee. What McCain did wrong among a long list of things was that he should have said he picked her for domestic policies where he is weak and he would be concentrating on his supposed strenghts. He should have said that he had found a modern day Rosie the Rivater to fix the economy and clean up Washington just as was done in Alaska. This line at least could be argued with a straight face. A good line I heard about Palin was that she will not win it for him but she will bring out enoughof the base to prevent an embarrassing rout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:38 pm

There may well be an embarrassing rout anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:05 pm

youngdan wrote:
I do have time for Biden.

He seems to be a decent skin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:09 pm

http://www.livevideo.com/video/BA24ED38B1D94DC7A2601D078773B7EA/first-minute-of-nailin-palin.aspx

I will be sending away for the entire documentary these jokesters recommended
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?   Palin  for VP - Inspired or Disastrous? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Palin for VP - Inspired or Disastrous?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6