Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Announcement - Site Development Underway

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Changing text size did not help. I think it is because the columns are fixed width. Perhaps there is an image or something else that is not re-sizing down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 pm

I removed the picture of Georgia in the news below. Any good ? I'll take the photos away next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Is it still warped ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:55 pm

It's back to the way it was yesterday. I can fit 90% of the width but have to scroll to the right for the last inch or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
It's back to the way it was yesterday. I can fit 90% of the width but have to scroll to the right for the last inch or so.

I've removed all the newspaper panels on the left too now - they can still be found in the experimental "news junkie" button beside the Charter.

I'm looking at in IE7 now and it looks a lot bigger than normal alright. I'd say I usually tailor it to Firefox and so does EVM. How is it now ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

I've removed all the newspaper panels on the left too now - they can still be found in the experimental "news junkie" button beside the Charter.

I'm looking at in IE7 now and it looks a lot bigger than normal alright. I'd say I usually tailor it to Firefox and so does EVM. How is it now ?

It's all funny now ... What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Looks like the site is busted for now lads - why don't ye go away and make a cuppa soup and it'll be back together in one piece later, I hope.

Mushroom with croutons ... mmmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:44 pm

Zhou_Enlai had an issue with the forum portal being wider than his browser ... is that the case for anyone else here at the moment ? I was hoping Zhou would help me see which pictures were widening it too much but I think he headed home for tea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 pm

I'm grand anyway, using Firefox, all seems suitably non-stretchy (there was an issue with one thread yesterday though, which I assume was down to big photo-thingys)...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm

The portal looks fine to me.
Firefox 3.0.4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Do any of you use IE at all ? Our stats say you do Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:41 pm

I did indeed pop off yesterday evening.

The portal page width is still wrong for me (IE 7.0) but it's no biggie (10% or so) so don't sprain anything trying to fix it.

I am shocked that the majority of people are using firefox. Surely that isn't representative of the general populace. Does this mean we are disproportionately populated by techies?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:27 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I did indeed pop off yesterday evening.

The portal page width is still wrong for me (IE 7.0) but it's no biggie (10% or so) so don't sprain anything trying to fix it.

I am shocked that the majority of people are using firefox. Surely that isn't representative of the general populace. Does this mean we are disproportionately populated by techies?

Zhou I have IE7 AND firefox 3.0.4 on Vista and have no scrolling to the left or right. I'm sure you've adjusted your screen resolution too ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 5:33 pm

1024 * 768 all the way.

it is only the Latest Discussions page which gives me gip.

I have turned off "show pictures" and that hasn't fixed it. have you hardcoded in the width of the pictures? Are you using a wide screen / laptop?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:38 pm

My laptop resolution is 1280 x 800 so that might be it. Can your screen do that ? Does the fact I'm using a laptop make a difference ? It's 15 inches ...

Have I hardcoded in the width of the pictures ... ? Well, some images I shrink before uploading - the panels on left and right are usually about 260 wide (although I think there may have been one 290 wide there lately)

Some images I've scaled in the code - do those ones sometimes get missed by your browser ? I doubt it because you'd have a seriously big images across the screen - some are 500 wide scaled to 260.

Which is the hardcoded ones - the scaled ? Some of them as I say are pretty big so you'd know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:58 pm

I 1152 * 864 is the best I can do. It displays fine at that resolutionbut I won' be keeping it!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:59 pm

Portal is OK on my office box but does not fit on this one at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Announcement - Site Development Underway   Announcement - Site Development Underway - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Announcement - Site Development Underway
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3