Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? Empty
PostSubject: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 9:34 pm

We have a few threads on growing things and cooking things. I think some of them are in the Agriculture forum.

Would people like a Food and Garden forum ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 9:59 pm

Oh most certainly. At this time of the year when the soil is most rich after a long summer of good nutritious rain is the right time to start planting again, straight after you've pulled up all your harvest by the roots and stored it nicely in your garden shed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:06 pm

Gerry Daly wrote:
Oh most certainly. At this time of the year when the soil is most rich after a long summer of good nutritious rain is the right time to start planting again, straight you've pulled up all your harvest by the roots and stored it nicely in your garden shed.

Here I go then:

Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? 12_rice_paddy
Back to top Go down
D Smith

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Every good forum has a cooking section - no matter whether it's the British Veterans of Radiation-Exposure or the Isle of Wight Antique Brass Lighthouse Collectors Club - one simply must have a cookery forum - it's unthinkable not to !

Shall I invite my friend Jamie around later to comment?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Well if this Global warming for Ireland - get used to it

Paddie Fields in Ireland - theres poetic justice if there ever was

Dont mind tho - much prefer rice to the spud anyday of the week!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 pm

I'd like to start a discussion on "1000 Different Sandwiches" and that would ideally live in such a forum.

Also: "1000 Recipes for Spinach".

- I'm not writing a book I promise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Its seems there's overwhelming support for the new forum then Auditor #9
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
O Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 pm

Evaw seen a loiv chickin slo-od ven? Ave a look:

Best of luck wiv ve forem !

J
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 am

Gerry Daly wrote:
Oh most certainly. At this time of the year when the soil is most rich after a long summer of good nutritious rain is the right time to start planting again, straight after you've pulled up all your harvest by the roots and stored it nicely in your garden shed.

Is this the Gerry Daly off the radio? A hearty and warm welcome to the Machine Nation, Gerry! I hope you find this place to your liking and you have plenty of good fun and discussion here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Gerry Daly wrote:

Is this the Gerry Daly off the radio? A hearty and warm welcome to the Machine Nation, Gerry! I hope you find this place to your liking and you have plenty of good fun and discussion here.
Of course it is - can't you see his pitcher?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:24 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Gerry Daly wrote:

Of course it is - can't you see his pitcher?

Brilliant. We truly have a wonderful citizenry.
Back to top Go down
Diarmuid

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 am

Ah I see Gerry is here before me.

Hello ole - I'm Diarmuid. I'll just say one thing before I say good luck with the new forum - it's a very noice tip if you put some round circles in your gorden - it gives the place an amazing sense of space.

Best of luck

D G
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:24 am

Food and growing things separate from agriculture as a political subject. I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:16 pm

arnaudherve wrote:
Food and growing things separate from agriculture as a political subject. I suppose.

Yes - the gardening and cookery forum is now to be found in the Welcome Forum. If ever you're feeling peckish there are some mouthwatering threads in there.

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/gardening-and-cookery-f6/ Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 pm

cactus flower wrote:
arnaudherve wrote:

Yes - the gardening and cookery forum is now to be found in the Welcome Forum. If ever you're feeling peckish there are some mouthwatering threads in there.

We seem to be assembling a plethora/cult of celebrity gardeners. Who next? Alan Titsmarch? Charlie's Dimples? Percy Chucker from beyond the grave?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:30 pm

http://www.irishmeninparis.org/framesets/saintfiacre.htm

This is my favourite cult gardener. Its his Saints Day on the 30th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:20 pm

cactus flower wrote:

St. Fiachra is also the patron saint of Piles of stuff............I believe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:28 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Stuff you put on the garden ? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:50 pm

cactus flower wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Stuff you put on the garden ? Shocked

Ok not piles of stuff...just piles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?   Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Development - Food and Growing Things Forum ?
Page 1 of 1