Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Join Me in the Chat Box

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Join Me in the Chat Box Empty
PostSubject: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 10:00 pm

It is located at the bottom of the main forum page. Go log in now. Cookie and I are waiting.

Last edited by Kate P on Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make the title more practical)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Are you on for trying this out, johnfás?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 pm

I'll drop in for 10 - 15 minutes now. Everyone else is welcome to join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:24 pm

There should be a link to this at the top of the latest discussions page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Kate P wrote:
There should be a link to this at the top of the latest discussions page.

Good idea there Kate p.

"We'll take out our grappling hook and scale the mountains of Chatmandu"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:41 am

I've changed the title on this so that if it's close to the top of the latest discussions page, there's a chance someone might be there... (because they signed off in here first).

Until the nerdies come up with a more technical, less manual way of indicating that there's someone there.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:38 am

Kate P wrote:
I've changed the title on this so that if it's close to the top of the latest discussions page, there's a chance someone might be there... (because they signed off in here first).

Until the nerdies come up with a more technical, less manual way of indicating that there's someone there.

Do we have nerdies here. Shocked I wasn't aware of that. Who are the nerdies ? Cactus Flower I'll bet. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 4:33 am

I'm home late and I am the only one in the chat box. I'll give y'all 5 minutes to join me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 4:53 am

Just missed you!

I

AM

GUTTED!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Kate P wrote:

Is there a way of adding another label like the "Online" one which indicates that a user is active in the Chat Box? It could be like "Chatting" or somesuch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:32 pm

Do I take it, Ard, that there is serious precipitation in Ireland today? (Just saw the weather thread)
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Do I take it, Ard, that there is serious precipitation in Ireland today? (Just saw the weather thread)

Think of Niagara Falls, and you'll be close... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:38 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:

Exceptional more like. More grist to your prosecco-soaked mill in sun-kissed Switzerland I'd wager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:40 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Think of Niagara Falls, and you'll be close... Smile

Oh dear! Doesn't sound good. It seems summer '08 is a very wet one over there. So I shouldn't complain about my lot here. Besides, it's sunny and 24 degrees after 36 hours of overcast weather. Tomorrow may get too warm as 31 is expected. Hope your weather improves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Exceptional more like. More grist to your prosecco-soaked mill in sun-kissed Switzerland I'd wager.

Staying out of the city centre today. Street Parade is on and there is only so much techno and related stuff I can take.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:42 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Staying out of the city centre today. Street Parade is on and there is only so much techno and related stuff I can take.

Righteo. What's it like driving in Switzerland? All the mountains, valleys and heights must make it pretty challenging at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:44 pm

I love the hairpin bends of the Alpine passes - fantastic!

Not too keen on the expensive sticker they make foreign drivers buy to use their roads though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:47 pm

johnfás wrote:

Not too keen on the expensive sticker they make foreign drivers buy to use their roads though.

It is not expensive if you live here. CHF 40 for unlimited travel on all Swiss autobahns for a year. Think M50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Slim Buddha wrote:
johnfás wrote:

It is not expensive if you live here. CHF 40 for unlimited travel on all Swiss autobahns for a year. Think M50.

Guenstig. That works out at €24.56 at current market prices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:

Righteo. What's it like driving in Switzerland? All the mountains, valleys and heights must make it pretty challenging at times.

Sometimes. Around the Berner Oberland where the big mountains (Jungfrauhoch, Eiger etc) it can get really hairy especially if, like me, you suffer from vertigo. Generally driving here is ok but Zürich is an immensely confusing city, despite the fact it is relatively small. Having said that, public transport is a dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:56 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Slim Buddha wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Guenstig. That works out at €24.56 at current market prices.

It's possible to get through that much in a week on the M50.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:38 am

Anybody around?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 10:22 pm

I'll be in the Chat Box if people want to chat to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 11:12 pm

there's a debate raging in the chatbox; to go there go here
https://machinenation.forumakers.com/forum.htm

scroll to the bottom and log in - it's awful - skin and hair everywhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Join Me in the Chat Box   Join Me in the Chat Box Empty

Back to top Go down

Join Me in the Chat Box
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next