Trolling attack. - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Trolling attack.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Trolling attack. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:24 am

There is a lot of it about. The World Trade Organisation site has been hacked and is advocating a return to slavery in Africa with all workers being privatised and becoming the property of corporations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:47 pm

Too many threads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:02 pm

arnaudherve wrote:
Too many threads.

You have a point. We have plenty to do with the ones we have already. I'm going to be spending more time on the WTO thread. Anyway, there are now two less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:10 pm

cactus flower wrote:
arnaudherve wrote:
Too many threads.

You have a point. We have plenty to do with the ones we have already. I'm going to be spending more time on the WTO thread. Anyway, there are now two less.

We should start a thread investigating the profusion of threads. And a thread to examine the aftermath and make recommendations for future thread-reductions. It can be part of an ongoing process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
We should start a thread investigating the profusion of threads. And a thread to examine the aftermath and make recommendations for future thread-reductions. It can be part of an ongoing process.
There are site development threads to do that. If you open new threads now you'll just have to close them down again during a posting recession when there are more topics than posts.

It's best surely to split threads off the conversations that are already there if a branch arises naturally and maybe consolidate threads that have risen by themselves but could be merged with other threads. For example, my poll about the American energy could be merged with the energy watch thread already there. Any more suggestions would be welcome.

You have to start a new thread for a poll and I vote that we try to have a poll once a month. Any suggestions for polls?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
There are site development threads to do that. If you open new threads now you'll just have to close them down again during a posting recession when there are more topics than posts.

It's best surely to split threads off the conversations that are already there if a branch arises naturally and maybe consolidate threads that have risen by themselves but could be merged with other threads. For example, my poll about the American energy could be merged with the energy watch thread already there. Any more suggestions would be welcome.

You have to start a new thread for a poll and I vote that we try to have a poll once a month. Any suggestions for polls?

Will Barack Obama make it til December? pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:34 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

D'ya mean MLK JKF BHO ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

D'ya mean MLK JKF BHO ?

I wonder....... would Paddy Power offer lower odds on Obama if you asked them for odds on John Mc Cain reaching December beforehand?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:53 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I'm not that serious about that, Audi, I was being ironic by asking to start another thread about the profusion of threads which itself adds to the profusion.

I'll have a look around the site to see where we can make reductions in threads.

As a poll question, we could ask;

Will Gordon Brown be PM next year?

Will this Dáil see a full term?

What way will you vote in the Children's Rights Referendum?

What's your opinion of Budget 2009?

Where will house prices be in 1 year's time?

Who will win the All-Ireland Football Final?

Who will win the All-Ireland Hurling Final?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

I'm not that serious about that, Audi, I was being ironic by asking to start another thread about the profusion of threads which itself adds to the profusion.

I'll have a look around the site to see where we can make reductions in threads.

As a poll question, we could ask;

Will Gordon Brown be PM next year?

Will this Dáil see a full term?

What way will you vote in the Children's Rights Referendum?

What's your opinion of Budget 2009?

Where will house prices be in 1 year's time?

Who will win the All-Ireland Football Final?

Who will win the All-Ireland Hurling Final?

Good stuff Ard. I'm threatening putting the poll on the term of the Dail up today. Kerry and Kilkenny are the answers to the last two so no more said on that.

I wonder could we root around in some of the forums and merge threads/delete threads one day? I merged a few this morning and it might be cool to get the number of threads down to below 1000 ... What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:41 pm

Just wondering what the advantage is of having fewer threads? Couldn't we just archive some that have outlived their historical relevance?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:15 pm

Kate P wrote:
Just wondering what the advantage is of having fewer threads? Couldn't we just archive some that have outlived their historical relevance?

You mean stick them in a forum called "The Great Ether" where they can be left for posterity to ruminate over?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:57 pm

I think its not so much getting rid of threads, you never know when they might come in useful.
Its more to do with nurturing some good long term threads and getting a good broad discussion in them over a longer length of time.

I'd say that what would help is that when we set up threads title we should try and keep them clear and fairly generic, rather than very specific, so we can keep posting into them as different stuff comes up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Whatever about threads, there are too many forums in which to put them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:54 am

You could try this one:

osv-standard

добавить: сайт
объявление

Каталог сайтов Каталог предприятий Новости Доска объявлений Прайс-листы Картинки
Сервис
Редактировать

Разделы каталога

Реклама
Все объявленияЯндексДиректРазместить объявление
TYTANO2 новая полиуретановая пенаНе выделяет паров MDI, высокая производительность, надежный клапан.
www.selenavostok.ru
Брусчатка Feldhaus KlinkerНастоящий немецкий мостовой тротуарный клинкер с 1857 года.Более 20 цветов
www.feldhaus.ru
Железобетонные изделияВсе виды ЖБИ (стандартные и по чертежам). Доставка в любой регион РФ
www.kontur812.ru
Силиконовые герметики, компаундыСиликоновые герметики, компаунды, силаны, гидрофобизаторы, эпоксид Huntsman
www.korsil.ru

Информация о сайте machinenation.forumakers.com ID=

Название:
Описание:
Url: machinenation.forumakers.com
Регион:
Ключевые слова:
CY
Дата:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content