Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Trolling attack.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:43 pm

I am glad that the 2 locked threads of trolling remains so that they can still be read.
CF put up a thread on trolling and I decided to engage in this activity. It appears that I was joined in the wind up by another poster acting independently. It was akin to The War of The World radio broadcast about Martians because consternation reigned even though it should have been obvious from the thread title that it was a lark. I consider it good fun to stir things up a bit and get much enjoyment from reading them.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:46 pm

I wasn't online for a while over the last week and I came back to find a 4 page long thread about trolls on p.ie but I had absolutley no idea what was going on.
And to make things worse the thread was locked so I couldn't ask what was going on. I got the distinct impression that if I started a new thread asking about it I'd have outstayed my welcome.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 4:52 pm

It was indeed a stressfull time for many.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:13 pm

It was a waste of our time youngdan and was not appreciated. Seeing as they were completely without point, I am now going to delete them. Something which will give me pleasure.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 pm

Sincere regrets to all members and readers who were confused or annoyed by those threads, which were nonsense.

Are they gone now, 905?

On to happier and entirely trolling-free times, I trust.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:04 pm

cactus flower wrote:

On to happier and entirely trolling-free times, I trust.

That's our eternal duty, cactus, one we must not shirk. Constant vigilance!
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:10 pm

AfricanDave wrote:
I wasn't online for a while over the last week and I came back to find a 4 page long thread about trolls on p.ie but I had absolutley no idea what was going on.
And to make things worse the thread was locked so I couldn't ask what was going on. I got the distinct impression that if I started a new thread asking about it I'd have outstayed my welcome.

Not at all AfricanDave you can always ask. This site is yours too.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:21 pm

cactus flower wrote:
AfricanDave wrote:

Not at all AfricanDave you can always ask. This site is yours too.

Yes, and as a fellow Aster, I can say that AfricanDave will never outstay his welcom here. He's a good skin.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:30 pm

dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 8:50 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke

Do you wan't to say that louder, cookiemonster, so that the people in the back row can hear ?
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:01 pm

IT WAS A JOKE!
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:06 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
IT WAS A JOKE!

I don't think that was obvious to everyone.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Come on those threads weren't that bad were they ? I was looking forward to reading them when I was sixty...
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:09 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
IT WAS A JOKE!

I'm not normally wildly hysterical, I assure you.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:11 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Come on those threads weren't that bad were they ? I was looking forward to reading them when I was sixty...

I'm sure they're there on cached pages.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:12 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
IT WAS A JOKE!

You're wildly hysterical? I thought you were merely angry.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:24 pm

No lynch mobs please, this isn't to kill a mocking bird.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 pm

johnfás wrote:
No lynch mobs please, this isn't to kill a mocking bird.

Yeah. Let's all listen to Vivaldi and chill out.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:30 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
IT WAS A JOKE!

You're wildly hysterical? I thought you were merely angry.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I'm listening to Handel myself, the largo from Xerxes to be precise. Anyone who would like to join me listening to this lovely piece can do so by watching below.

Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Not having witnessed it myself, I am intrigued and confused by this attack of the trolls. Should I buy a gun?
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:53 pm

unaligned wrote:
Not having witnessed it myself, I am intrigued and confused by this attack of the trolls. Should I buy a gun?

I think a water pistol or a silly string canister might do geek
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 pm

unaligned wrote:

You'll need one of these I'm afraid

Trolling attack. Sa6Launcher
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 pm

unaligned wrote:

After putting that in my head... yes.
Back to top Go down

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:56 pm

Anyone want to log into the chat box? It is at the bottom of the main forum page https://machinenation.forumakers.com/forum.htm. Don't think anyone has used it yet.

I'll be waiting Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trolling attack. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling attack.   Trolling attack. Empty

Back to top Go down

Trolling attack.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next