Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Here's another instalment of the Star Trek Quiz Competition, and instead of the usual ten, there's nine to set your Ferengi fangs into!

The prize for this round is a bottle of Andorian ale. Special prizes may also be awarded.

1.What are the Khitomer Accords?

2.Terrans, Andorians, Vulcans, Tellarites.

What common distinction do these species share?

3.What do Romulans use to reach warp?

4.Which group use the following computer layout?

Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine Borgalphanumerics

5.What is an Okudagram?

6.In which sector would you find Earth?

7.What's being played in the picture below?

Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine Myster10

8.Ensign out-ranks lieutenant. True or false?

9.Who or what is Odo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 7:39 pm

Does anyone want to have a go at this quiz? Andorian ale is lovely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Here's another instalment of the Star Trek Quiz Competition, and instead of the usual ten, there's nine to set your Ferengi fangs into!

The prize for this round is a bottle of Andorian ale. Special prizes may also be awarded.

Was it a peace treaty set up between the Klingon Empire and the federation.

Quote :

They were the founding members of the UFP?

Quote :

?

Quote :

Cardassians at a guess.

Quote :

5.What is an Okudagram?
?

Quote :

?

Quote :

Dabo?

Quote :

False

Quote :
9.Who or what is Odo?

He is a changeling/founder from the Gamma quadrant who is chief security officer (a bajoran appointment) in Deep Space Nine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:47 pm

You're doing well, riadach. Do you watch Trek?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 am

I used to before I discovered boys :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:00 am

riadach wrote:

Smile Well, you can combine the two. Dr Julian Bashir has been described in the Trek community as smoking.

Have a re-read of those answers and I can see a bottle of Andoria's finest transporting your way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:06 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

Smile Well, you can combine the two. Dr Julian Bashir has been described in the Trek community as smoking.

Have a re-read of those answers and I can see a bottle of Andoria's finest transporting your way.

God no. However, I did realise that the actor playing the character had a different name in the first three series of Deep Space Nine than he had in the rest. I think he was originally Siddig El Fadl, and he changed it to Alexander Siddig. Perhaps a reflection of the inability of Americans to deal with an Arab celebrity, or positively identify with an arab actor. He also played rather a good roll as the potential heir of an Iranian despot in Syriana. Jesus, the shite I remember.

As far as the answers go, I think thats the best I can manage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 2:10 am

riadach wrote:

God no. However, I did realise that the actor playing the character had a different name in the first series of Deep Space Nine than he had in the second. I think he was originally Siddig El Fadl, and he changed it to Alexander Siddig. Perhaps a reflection of the inability of Americans to deal with an Arab celebrity, or positively identify with an arab actor. He also played rather a good roll as the potential heir of an Iranian despot in Syriana. Jesus, the shite I remember.

Indeed. And I remember he played the role of Hannibal in a film which was on late at night on RTÉ. I think he changed his name because Americans kept mis-pronouncing it.

Quote :
As far as the answers go, I think thats the best I can manage.

Righteo. Anyone else want to have a go? If your truly stumped, Memory Alpha can help you out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:43 am

Now that's cheating.

His full name is

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig El Abderahman El Mohammed Ahmed El Abdel Karim El Mahdi

Apparently he was born in the Sudan.

(Am I still allowed to add the definite article before Sudan? It's not politically incorrect is it, it just seems so much more exotic).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:13 pm

riadach wrote:
Now that's cheating.

Well, we are a learning community, so it can aid people in learning about Trek.

Quote :
His full name is

Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig El Abderahman El Mohammed Ahmed El Abdel Karim El Mahdi

Bloody 'eck. That's a long appellation. Could you imagine his name being called out in reg class? Everyone would be late for the next class!

Quote :
Apparently he was born in the Sudan.

(Am I still allowed to add the definite article before Sudan? It's not politically incorrect is it, it just seems so much more exotic).

I suppose so. People add the definite article before Lebanon, Ukraine and so on. It's a tad pretentious though. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 9:15 pm

C'mon lads and lasses, have a go, I'm confident you'll get lots of them right!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:14 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

5.What is an Okudagram?

9.Who or what is Odo?

Have a go. Have a go. Have a go. Have a ....
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Peace treaties with Klingons

Quote :

They are all members of the UFP.

Quote :
Antimatter ?

Quote :

Borg

Quote :
5.What is an Okudagram?
No Idea

Quote :
Alpha

Quote :

No Idea

Quote :
False
Quote :
9.Who or what is Odo?
No Idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:00 pm

When's the closing date, A-T? (I won't interfere until closer to the time; due deference and all that...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

The Pacmen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:17 am

Kate P wrote:
When's the closing date, A-T? (I won't interfere until closer to the time; due deference and all that...)

Closing date? I don't really have a closing date in mind, I just declare a winner when I feel the round has run its course and I want to get cooking up the new round. For the sake of clarity, I declare this Friday to be the closing date of this round. I'm thinking, we could next have a Star Trek convention here in the Machine Nation. An Sibín Reoite would put Ten Forward to shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:35 am

EVM, you're doing very well. Try again at the ones you're not sure about and you'll be bringing home the gold(pressed latinum).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

There are the accords that define the treaty between the federation and the Klingon empire.

Founders of the UFP

Their reactor technology is based on harnessing the power of a miniture quantum singularity

Was going to say Kason but the Borg are all green so the borg

5.What is an Okudagram?
A game?

Sector 001 (if you are human)

Domjot?
Strictly false but some cases have arisen. For example LeForge took command of the Enterprise when he was an ensign and ruled out the protestions of his superior (in rank) officer who was a Lieutenant because LeForge was a bridge/command officer.

9.Who or what is Odo?
He is a membrer of the founder race and was the chief of security of DS9. He is a shapeshifter.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 5:15 pm

riven wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

There are the accords that define the treaty between the federation and the Klingon empire.

Founders of the UFP

Their reactor technology is based on harnessing the power of a miniture quantum singularity

Was going to say Kason but the Borg are all green so the borg

5.What is an Okudagram?
A game?

Sector 001 (if you are human)

Domjot?
Strictly false but some cases have arisen. For example LeForge took command of the Enterprise when he was an ensign and ruled out the protestions of his superior (in rank) officer who was a Lieutenant because LeForge was a bridge/command officer.

9.Who or what is Odo?
He is a membrer of the founder race and was the chief of security of DS9. He is a shapeshifter.

Exxxcellent riven. You've given very full and accurate answers there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Come on and have a go if you think you're hard enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine   Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Trek: The Deep Space Nine
Page 1 of 1