Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:11 am

As the violence associated with SF recedes into the past then will it not be the same as the violence carried out by Pearse, Collins Dev and all the rest. Who can say that Terrance McSweeney[if I have the name correct] was a great man while Bobby Sands and the other nine were not great men as well. If this were a game of 25 you would have Adams winning trick after trick while the others even though they are partners are hitting one another. Enda and Cowen should really resign because if this is the best they can do with the propaganda machine behind them they are as useless as tits on a bull.
This vote is likely to be a much bigger event than is recognised yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:19 am

youngdan wrote:
As the violence associated with SF recedes into the past then will it not be the same as the violence carried out by Pearse, Collins Dev and all the rest. Who can say that Terrance McSweeney[if I have the name correct] was a great man while Bobby Sands and the other nine were not great men as well. If this were a game of 25 you would have Adams winning trick after trick while the others even though they are partners are hitting one another. Enda and Cowen should really resign because if this is the best they can do with the propaganda machine behind them they are as useless as tits on a bull.
This vote is likely to be a much bigger event than is recognised yet

I wouldn't put it in such ebullient terms but I think the crazy fu5fin provo line didn't cut the mustard this time round. Inda in much more difficulty as is his party. If your not agin the provies what are ye?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:20 am

youngdan wrote:
Well nobody would predict that I would too close to SF but in this instance I think they had a milestone day. I could be wrong but it makes sense that those who voted today are politically active and would be fans of one of the parties. Yet 53% thought their party was not being straight/wise and went against them. If subsequent actions now show that their gut feeling was correct then a certain proportion will scratch their heads when they see FF for example standing saluting the flag and singing the Anthem while at the same time urging a federal Europe. There has got to be a limit to the amount of mullarky these party drones will swallow.
An interesting comment I saw today was why we need a Europe flag on a license plate. A simple thing but it strikes an important nerve.
It was a peculiar mélange of people and instincts that laid this thing low - speaking to my father today he said that what put doubts in his mind was Declan Ganley on Q&A saying that somethings were not included in the text or something - I don't understand what he was saying but I remember Ganley talking about stuff hidden on purpose from people. Now my father is a simple individual and he will never read texts like that and as far as I remember, Micheál Martin or Enda didn't deal with Ganley's point because it was probably true (Martin this afternoon on Pat Kenny let it slip that 'we the elite up here in Dublin and Kildare' - talk about McCreevey shooting it in the foot with the 'what sane person in their right mind'..)

There was a mood of distrust - I wonder could Sinn Fein capitalise on this in the locals next year or even beyond?

And on the flag of Europe - it's one of many symbols we have of Europe that are just that and that's another sentiment echoed around the place. Taxi drivers and hauliers ranting about 'free movement of goods and services my hole - cars are 20% more expensive here ...' etc. There are many token symbols but is there real integration and harmonisation of laws? How can people trust it if they are going to be told that laws and whatever will be harmonised when something as concrete to them as shopping for cars gives them problems they shouldn't have.

People are thinking: it's a feckin sham, nothing else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 3:49 am

If I had to place a bet then it would be that your father would build a nest in all of our ears. Whatever the level of formal education was available to his generation each and every one were as sharp as a tack. Without reading 300 pages he knew that hidden inside the horsehoopie were plenty of double talk and deception. He recognised a con when he saw it. Hopefully today will shake the belief held by many that politicians care more about them than themselves. This has got to be the biggest self delusion in history but many actually believe it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 6:39 am

youngdan wrote:
If I had to place a bet then it would be that your father would build a nest in all of our ears. Whatever the level of formal education was available to his generation each and every one were as sharp as a tack. Without reading 300 pages he knew that hidden inside the horsehoopie were plenty of double talk and deception. He recognised a con when he saw it. Hopefully today will shake the belief held by many that politicians care more about them than themselves. This has got to be the biggest self delusion in history but many actually believe it.

Dan - the Martians have told me as a loyal EU citizen( we had first contact about 25 years agp = how do you think we became so good at team golf over 6 years - Do do - do do- do do do do - do do do..............................................................................................................................................

I totally expect this attempt at humour to be totally ignored because I posses a lower form of intelligence ( Im not a mad leftie, envoirnmentalist or ideogolue of any kind) than anybody else on this site - but feck yis all - I thought I was fecking hillarioius Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 8:56 am

You appear to have enjoyed your evening Edo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 10:42 am

youngdan wrote:
You appear to have enjoyed your evening Edo.

Yes! Very cheerful Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?   Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowen and FF to ignore referendum result?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3