Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy Empty
PostSubject: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyMon May 12, 2008 11:23 pm

There were quite a few Yes posters up in town today, split between Fine Gael, Fianna Fail, IBEC and Alliance for Europe.

Later today, at Heuston Station, two types of Vote No posters were up on the poles, the first one had a picture of the top of the Proclamation and the text read "PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM VOTE NO".

The second had three monkeys on it and if you were driving you'd crash your car to be able to read the crowded text on it.

On extremely close inspection, in type so small that it was barely legible, the address of Youth Defence in Capel Street was given with a almost illegible campaign name.

So, the Catholic Right gets their oar in first with pole posters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:16 am

I wonder Ronald Binge if you have read Declan Ganley's four page interview in this months Hibernian ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:24 am

cactus flower wrote:
I wonder Ronald Binge if you have read Declan Ganley's four page interview in this months Hibernian ?

Is there any chace of a summary, cf?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:26 am

I was wondering if they were Youth Defence. The other one was something about "It'll Cost You... in taxes and freedom", or somesuch. Sort of contradictory for those who want a more social Europe, which YD clearly don't...

Please, please tell me that's a joke about Ganley in the Hib...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:29 am

Not at all - how could you miss it? He has the full front cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:32 am

I can't seem to find the Hibernian outside of Eason's. There was a shop on Dawson St. which carried it. But no more.

Sorry, I just think it's such an unlikely juxtaposition. The H is socially illiberal to a scary degree. Still, I guess DG thinks it important to get the vote out... anywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:36 am

DG is also socially illiberal - anti abortion, anti islamic, Christian, Patriotic, pater familias and so on and so forth.

Perfect match.

I was planning to review it but it is just too long and dull.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:42 am

cactus flower wrote:

Saw his mug on the front in Easons. Wouldn't be a regular reader of the Hibernian Wink Ganley was quick enough though to play the abortion card outside of Dublin. A reference was made to it in a brief interview he did with the Athlone Voice advertising a "business briefing" by Libertas a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:43 am

Ah, cactus flower, I didn't realise DG was like that. I knew about his views on Islam and patriotism.

Re review... perhaps as part of our new CLR crossover? Think about it anyhow...

R Binge, interesting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:57 am

Hate to be a pedant, though I suppose there's no better place for it Wink

But I believe that the Hello Divorce Goodbye Daddy posters weren't produced by YD, but by the 'mainstream' anti-divorce campaign, led by, amongst others, William Binchy (the man who Ruairi Quinn compared to Hitler). Not sure of WB's stance on Lisbon, but going on his previous politics I would imagine that he's supportive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:15 am

Huh, I was wandering through town and I saw the monkey one, I was standing at the bottom of the pole looking to see if I could spot who paid for it but couldn't see.

I do love the "PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM VOTE NO". poster because you're not quite sure if it's Padraig Pearse or Jesus it's talking about.

Even as a no voter I can freely admit there are some crazy people on the no side.

That said I'd rather have passionate crazys than boring mindless Yes side people. The yes side have the worst more boring and pointless slogans EVER.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:20 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Huh, I was wandering through town and I saw the monkey one, I was standing at the bottom of the pole looking to see if I could spot who paid for it but couldn't see.

I do love the "PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM VOTE NO". poster because you're not quite sure if it's Padraig Pearse or Jesus it's talking about.

Even as a no voter I can freely admit there are some crazy people on the no side.

That said I'd rather have passionate crazys than boring mindless Yes side people. The yes side have the worst more boring and pointless slogans EVER.

"Vote Yes for free lesbian paedophile sex" is boring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:22 am

ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

It is if you're "normal".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:32 am

cookiemonster wrote:
ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

It is if you're "normal".

Fair point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 1:40 am

If you're a little girl, however, you may have a differing opinion...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyTue May 13, 2008 11:18 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

The monkey one is either brilliantly clever, or it's not! There's just no inbetween on that one. It kills me to say it, but I kind of like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:11 am

I am confused. Cowen calls for Patriots to vote yes. Did anyone ask him about this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:15 am

youngdan wrote:
I am confused. Cowen calls for Patriots to vote yes. Did anyone ask him about this

Yes, it will be a "disaster" if we vote no, you see. And we don't want that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:18 am

That explains it well. We are all anti-disastor here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:20 am

youngdan wrote:
That explains it well. We are all anti-disastor here.

Indeed and nobody wants to be the one who has roont Europe for us. Do they? 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:35 am

WorldbyStorm wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

The monkey one is either brilliantly clever, or it's not! There's just no inbetween on that one. It kills me to say it, but I kind of like it.

I think the next one up is going to be "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS VOTE NO"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:41 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:57 am

Ronald Binge wrote:
WorldbyStorm wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I think the next one up is going to be "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS VOTE NO"

JOSÉ MANUEL BARROSSO ATE MY HAMSTER: VOTE NOOOO!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:58 am

I think you could gere that one up. It's not sensational enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:05 am

riadach wrote:
I think you could gere that one up. It's not sensational enough.

Perhaps if I vary my cadence, the alarm of the situation will become apparent?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy Empty

Back to top Go down

No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next