Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:13 am

tonys wrote:
Papal_knight Two wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
Welcome Papal Knight ... Two.

Sit down and have a cuppa tay after Q&A is over and you may browse this Charter which includes some brief guidelines too.

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/charter-f14/machine-nation-charter-and-rules-t643.htm

Maybe you are related or know Papal Knight - the original ?? If you are here to mock him or impersonate him you will be defenestrated Very Happy

Yup. The same. Had technical problems with my computer that meant I cannot access the old account.
Jesus, things must be bad if you have to cut back on new names.

We'll recycle it and turn it into a fine new username for someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:17 am

If he went through as many computers as names then why did dell close down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 pm

paulk this our Aloha thread - you're welcome to MN ...

here's some stuff from our Charter for you to peruse while you're having your tay.

Quote :
Message to New Members

You are welcome and will abide by the Charter lest ye be flung into the outer darkness. The Charter being in essence 'Love your neighbour's Machinery as you do your own and have patience if you feel the person with whom you are communicating still has a lower grade mobile phone than you.'

Enjoy your stay here - there is plenty to be done so if you feel like rolling up your sleeves then you are welcome but if you want to relax then there are all sorts of places here to do your R&R in.

Good Posting

C1 • Before posting a new thread - check carefully if there is already a thread on the subject.
C2 • When you start a new thread, give it a brief heading that says what it is about.
C3 • Back up your argument with facts: add links to back-up data.
C4 • If posting on someone else's thread, read back over the posts and stick to the original point.
C5 • Use the clearest wording you can.
C6 • Avoid name calling, belittlement and bullying as it undermines debate and is hurtful.
C7 • Members are encouraged to avoid expressions of anger, intolerance and impatience when addressing one another as primarily we are here to assess and analyse information, not one another.

C8 • In the case of severe personal intolerance of a member who is otherwise broadly accepted you may use the 'friend or foe' function found in your profile to avoid contact with that member.
C9 • If in doubt, count to at least 30 and think again before you post.
C10 • if you have a problem with a poster, pm a mod.
C11 • Please do not quote previous posts unnecessarily in the interests of readability.
C12 • Please don’t use animated avatars as they are a visual distraction in threads.

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Tea_cup_small
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:20 pm

youngdan wrote:
If he went through as many computers as names then why did dell close down

He only uses Apple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:57 am

Welcome, The Reformer. You'll have your work cut out for you. I'm just of for some zzzs, but I'm sure someone will get you a cup of tea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 am

cactus flower wrote:
Welcome, The Reformer. You'll have your work cut out for you. I'm just of for some zzzs, but I'm sure someone will get you a cup of tea.

Do chupán, fáilte go MN!

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 800px-Nice_Cup_of_Tea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:05 am

The Reformer - welcome.

Some bits from our Welcome book before you have your tay

Quote :
Message to New Members

You are welcome and will abide by the Charter lest ye be flung into the outer darkness. The Charter being in essence 'Love your neighbour's Machinery as you do your own and have patience if you feel the person with whom you are communicating still has a lower grade mobile phone than you.'

Enjoy your stay here - there is plenty to be done so if you feel like rolling up your sleeves then you are welcome but if you want to relax then there are all sorts of places here to do your R&R in.

It's also worth having a look at our Charter as there is some sexy stuff in it - woohoo

Quote :
Rules and legal

B1 • Members agree to take full responsibility for their own comments and to hold Machine Nation and all other individuals connected with Machine Nation harmless against any loss, liability, costs or expenses arising from any such comments. Members post all comments at their sole risk to the fullest extent possible at law.
B2 • Good manners, helpfulness and consideration between posters is encouraged
B3 • Differences in opinion are not to be used as a reason to insult or belittle other members.
B4 • Bullying or threatening other posters is not allowed.
B5 • Stating or repeating anything without proof which may injure someone’s reputation is not allowed.
B6 • Incitement to hatred or discrimination based on factors such as gender, politics, race, religion, sexual orientation etc. is not allowed.
B7 • Members may not post images or text that is exploitative, crude or 'x-rated' in nature.
B8 • If you post text, photos, or other media, you must make sure it isn’t protected by copyright. For written posts, a short quote, stating where it is from, and a link to the source is best.
B9 • Please do not give legal, business or other professional advice as this may possibly expose you and the site to legal action.
B10 • Please don’t publish tips on specific shares unless based on published information.
B11 • Do not place any ‘inside’ or unpublished information on legal cases on the site.
B12 • Members must not place spam advertisements on the site. If in doubt ask a Mod.
B13 • Threatening anybody with legal action, directly or indirectly, is a banning offence
B14 • Members may only have one account/identity.
B15 • Publishing (or threatening to publish) members’ identities or personal information without their permission is a banning offence
B16 • Impersonating another real individual or using another poster's identity is a banning offence.

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Tea_cup_small
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:38 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Tea_mug

Cupan tae, agus? Failte romhat! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 8:40 pm

The way things are going, we'll have people joining just to get the cup of tea. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Our 24/7 happy hour in the Sibín is drawing them in as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:17 pm

Tá fáilte romhat M3lover !!

That's about as far as I'm going with my irish attempts today but feel free to continue if you want.

There's a set of posting guidelines here in Irish and English, which was composed by numerous members of the site. It's our Charter and we try to adhere to it mostly.

Here is some AS GAEILGE for example - the welcome bit :

Teachtaireacht do bhaill nua an Fhóraim

Tá fáilte is fiche romhaibh, is cloífidh sibh leis an gCairt seo, nó caithfear isteach sa duibheagán seachtrach sibh. Is éard is bunchiall leis an gCairt ná 'Bíodh an grá céanna agat d'inneallra do chomharsan is atá agat do d'inneallra féin, is bíodh foighne ort má airíonn tú go bhfuil guthán póca níos seanaimseartha ná an ceann is agatsa ag an té lena bhfuil tú i mbun cumarsáide.

Bain sult as do thamall anseo- tá neart le déanamh, mar sin, más mian leat dul i mbun dian-oibre, bíodh agat is fáilte, ach má tá tú faoi ualach scíthe, tá gach saghas áite ann inár féidir leat í a ligean

The Charter is here.

Your free cuppa tay on registering :

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Tea_with_mint

Mint is apparently good for the bowels ... hope yours are fine.

Happy posting and thanks for registering with Machine Nation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:36 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Highteatable

Hi redstar1916 and yourclever; you're both very welcome.

Cup of tea? The Charter is in the Welcome Forum.
Come to think of it I never did claim this cuppa. No time like the present I suppose.

I suppose it's gone cold now though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:42 pm

Tea doesn't go cold here Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Aha, so this is where everybody went!

fenris reporting for duty Cool
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Good morning fenris. Welcome to MN.

Grab yourself a cup of tea and have a look over the charter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:13 pm

fenris wrote:
Aha, so this is where everybody went!

fenris reporting for duty Cool
Fenris? The Norse wolf God, associated with the moon?

How interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 1949546268_5462e98a2e_o

Hi fenris. Tea? We have a thread devoted to the full moon here. You should feel at home.

Our Charter is here. You are relied on to post wisely and well.

https://machinenation.forumakers.com/charter-f14/machine-nation-charter-and-rules-t643.htm

We are starting to review it at the moment, so any comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:19 pm

With milk and in a mug, just right, thank you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Welcome to

pinklady
zahorka
PK
funkydebutant
Dreaded_Estate

The MN guidelines or Charter

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Tea_party
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 pm

You're very welcome. I hear some of you got stuck on the way in. Hope you are feeling all right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:23 am

Hey,

I'm Liam. I have been looking for a decent Irish forum for a while now.
Born a Dub, lived in Drogheda for 5 years and now I'm here. Hopefully you can tell from my avatar that I'm a huge supporter of the the big fella, anyway glad to be here and hello to all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:37 am

I never saw that picture of Michael Collins before. is it really him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:42 am

yeh!, he was off getting a tan in bromwich in "49 afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:34 am

Is that West Bromwich Albion. Last time I saw them play there was a big tanned lad called Cyril Regis playing. That looks a bit like him all right
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:52 am

Liamnag01 wrote:
Hey,

I'm Liam. I have been looking for a decent Irish forum for a while now.
Born a Dub, lived in Drogheda for 5 years and now I'm here. Hopefully you can tell from my avatar that I'm a huge supporter of the the big fella, anyway glad to be here and hello to all.

You're very welcome ! Hopefully you've found your decent forum anyway. All colours and types here at the moment - especially Black with the depression. Ah we'll lift out of it as we go posting pictures of edible wild foods in the Spring, don't worry.

I knew a Liam who was born in Drogheda and lived in Dublin for five years! He was a brilliant man - don't know where he lives now though, Did you emigrate recently to Florida ? You must miss the tay - sit down and have a nice cup of electronic Barry's or Lyons tay and don't forget there's a good Music section here in "Vibes and Scribes" as you look like a music fan.

Thanks for joining!

Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Coffee-cup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 37 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next