Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sign your name here ...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:03 pm

little-lefty, TwinkleFingers; it is my personal honour to welcome you on behalf of your (now) fellow citizenry of the Glorious Sovereignty of the Machine Nation.

I hope that you find these boards interesting, stimulating and courteous. I also hope to engage with you on a personal basis as we each contribute to the on-going discussions here on the Machine Nation.

And what do we discuss? We debate issues as varied as the weather, technology, the economy, politics, conspiracies, food, energy and so on. I'm confident that you will find somethingh here to your liking and it is very likely that you will be able to bring an aspect of discussion to light which, heretofore, has been neglected here on the Machine Nation.

So, relax, chill(an Sibín Reoite is good for that) and enjoy! Here is a big spread of tea and other delectables:

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Atead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 12:34 am

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Valentines_coffee_cake_brandy

Your very welcome arnaudherve - coffee and a little something for you. Auditor #9 will be along soon to welcome you, or the Ard Taoiseach.

Our Charter and Rules are in the Welcome forum.
I guess you have found your post here in the new Europe forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 3:57 pm

arnaudherve, fáilte go Náisiún Máisin, tá áthas orm fáilte a chiur roimh dhuine nua go suíomh seo. Tá súil agam go bhainfaidh tú taitneamh as an tsuíomh seo.

There are a lot of things to see, do, read and enjoy here on the Machine Nation. You can chill in an Síbín Reoite, get your teeth into the tomes we talk through in the MN Book Club, discuss the Lisbon Treaty, ponder whether we are actually in a bubble oil market in the Petroleum Pin and so much more.

If you have any issue with your life here in the Machine Nation, then you can contact either the Administrators Auditor #9 and EvotingMachine or the Moderators like myself, Kate P, ibis and so on and they should see you to rights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi Art - I've been experimenting with strawberries - help yourself. Welcome to Machine Nation. Just check out our Charter and Rules in the Welcome Forum and post away!

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Dsc00322ji5

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 A_cup_of_tea-763393
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Is it only the Newbies who get the strawberries, cf or are there enough to go round?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Art, fáilte go Náisiún Máisin, tá áthas orm fáilte a chiur roimh dhuine nua go suíomh seo. Tá súil agam go bhainfaidh tú taitneamh as an tsuíomh seo.

It is a pleasure to have a near-namesake join the swelling ranks of citizens here on the Machine Nation as we reach near the 100 mark. I hope you enjoy your life posting here on subjects as diverse as science, economics, food, poetry, energy, transport, politics and a synthesis of the above and more.

If that wears you out, there are facilities here to allow you simply to relax and take your time. An Síbín Reoite is our watering hole where you can, ar ndoigh, chill. Chomh maith leis sin, there's also a Decontamination Chamber where you can cleanse yourself to good music.

Fáilte go Náisiún Máisin arís!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 8:27 pm

Art you are most welcome to Machine Nation which is continually in the process of being under construction so feel free to look in the Sandbox forum if you feel like offering your suggestions for the site or suggestions for any system which you think may be deeply flawed and in need of tuning.

You would also be well advised to read our Charter if you intend to visit here regularly, as it's not like scrolling down to the "I Accept" button and glossing over everything on the way - you could be regularly reminded here that such a Charter exists and you may want to offer your suggestions there for adding anything to it although it's quite finished as it is but you'd never know.

The Charter (in Welcome)
CLICK HERE

Some friendly messages directly above from the lovely Kate P and the lovely Ard T...

Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 800px-Strawberry_ice_cream_dessert

Your strawberries, Kate P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Felicitations, dear rebelman agus cead míle fáilte go Náisiún Máisin! Tá súil agam go bhfuil tú i mbarr na sláinte agus bainfidh tú taitneamh, craic agus spraoi as an suíomh seo. Tá cinnte orm go mbeidh tú fiúntach, eirimiúl agus suimiúl mar phostaer seo.

Machine Nation is a learning community focused on areas such as the environment, economy, technology, systems, weather and so on. We aim to discuss these things, and learn from these discussions in a warm and friendly manner. Any issues you might have with these should be directed to either of the Admins; Auditor #9 and EvotingMachine or myself and any other Global Moderator.

Anois, do chéad chúpán tae(agus mar sin de)...

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Tea3

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:18 am

Rebelman, tá fáilte romhat ! How can anyone follow up that excellent welcome from the Ard Taoiseach? Before I lapse into irreverence for balance I'd like to say that there is work to be done here, you know, so don't think you'll get away without knuckling down. Zhou_Enlai has already started writing the Mission Statement of MN which involves exploring solutions to the many many problems which beset the world today and which can be addressed with high and low tech; business and legal knowledge; art and music; interpersonal fulfillment and a sense of reverence for history and nature.

Come on the Revels !

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Revels
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 2298_MEDIUM

Some lunch for you OscarBravo. Your very welcome. Hope you're not vegetarian - I'll rustle you up a salad if you'd prefer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 pm

OscarBravo you are very welcome and I know no one has to extend a copy of the rules to you of all people. You were very kind in answering my request for you to be the 100dth special guest to the Machine Nation !! Every hundred now we will invite someone who is a cult figure on the Irish Boards !! Congratulations that you are the first cult figure here.

Don't worry that we are trying to distract you while some of our agents can extend the degree of trolling on boards threads while you are here having tea and sandwiches with us.

As has been our custom from day one, we welcome you with some tay

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Tea_cup_small

Feel free to mooch around and meet our other luminaries currently performing cameos here - TheBear from P.ie, WorldbyStorm of Cedar Lounge fame and rock3r from The Pin although he seems to have left. Have I forgotten anyone.

Fair dues mate !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 3:43 pm

I did forget some good people - Aragon Hermes and Chekov who are very familiar with Indymedia.

Sorryee

Not to forget Pax who is also a good resident at Cedar Lounge, P.ie and Indymedia - another true warrior of the boards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 4:30 pm

¡Hola, compañeros!

Mmm, duck and tay. I might hang around for a while...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Not a vegetarian then ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 5:38 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Not a vegetarian then ?

¡Que va!

No le conoces si pienses esto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Hi yenoocati - welcome to the Machine Nation. Here a nice cup of tea for you.

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 P353390-Bristol-Coffee_and_cake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:53 pm

hi there

where the hell am i?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 pm

zakalwe1 wrote:
hi there

where the hell am i?

Just in time for tea. You're very welcome. Your in the Machine Nation.

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 P353390-Bristol-Coffee_and_cake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 pm

zakalwe1 wrote:
hi there

where the hell am i?
You're in Machine Nation - an offshoot of p.ie originally, well, more of an offshoot of The Refuge - we're here to discuss infrastructure and machines and their effect on politics, you know.

Congratulations that you got here - have a look around...

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Espresso9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 8:24 pm

A_man_about_a_dog you're welcome. I've withdrawn the Exit poll until tomorrow i.e. I just realised what one is ! Embarassed

This is what we drink here when Ard-Taoiseach isn't around to administer the cup of tay ...

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Espresso
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:24 pm

thanks all.

is there a coup against DC or is this politics plus general discussion?

looks much friendlier than ... the "other site". always felt a bit like an outsider looking in, lots of bessies chatting to eachother with me posting the odd furtive comment here and there (usually an attempt at humour that falls far short!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:39 pm

If you have a mooch around you'll get the idea. Politics.ie went down for a few weeks early this year and a few of us found each other - first there was a Refuge site and then this more permanent home. A lot of us post somewhere else as well - P.ie, the Pin, the Cedar Lounge Revolution, Indymedia or wherever, but this is Home for quite a few.

Auditor #9 encourages us to chat about technological and environmental solutions but pretty well everything is talked about. We have a new Site Charter and Rules, that you'll find in the Welcome forum - its best to have a look and self mod and then our mods have a quiet life.
Auditor will tell you more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:57 pm

A_man_about_a_dog, yenoocati, zakalwe, céad míle fáilte go Náisiún Máisin! Tá súil agam go bhainfidh siad craic, spraoi, taitneamh agus rudáí mar sin as an tsuíomh seo. Tá mór-áthas orm go bhfuil tú ag tosú mar phostaerí seo.

The Glorious Sovereignty of the Machine Nation is a city upon a hill in which the issues of climate change, inflation, the merits and demerits of anarchism, the fate of past and future societies, technology, systems and the merits of alcoholic beverages and so much more are discussed in depth and detail. If you have any issues with such discussions, our Admins can help you out. Auditor #9 and EvotingMachine0197 are their names. As well as that, myself and the other Global Moderators are on hand to give you help and guidance as you go forward as citizens of the Machine Nation.

Anois, tá se in am do chéad cupán tae mar saoránaigh seo:

Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Theritzlondon_afternoon_tea

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Hi A_man_about_a_dog. You're very welcome. Ard Taoiseach seems to have provided a very fancy tea - I'm sorry I missed it. I hope you enjoy posting here. Here are our Charter and Rules. They're being translated into Irish at the moment.

CHARTER AND RULES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign your name here ...   Sign your name here ... - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sign your name here ...
Page 20 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next