Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Privatisation of Irish Politics

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage

The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 6:36 pm

ibis wrote:
Anticoalition wrote:
ibis wrote:
While that's undeniably true of US military actions in South America both then and now, it doesn't establish a general case that all war is racketeering.

That may be true, but the last decade has been a massive rise in private military contractors providing services to the US Military, and taking an ever-increasingly direct role in military operations. Halliburton often arrive at advance positions, and set up bases, before the troops even arrive.

That's very brave of them, then.

Anticoalition wrote:
SEC Charges Former CEO of Kellogg, Brown & Root, Inc. with Foreign Bribery

Quote :
The Securities and Exchange Commission announced today that it charged former KBR executive Albert Jackson Stanley with violating the anti-bribery provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and related provisions of the federal securities laws. The Commission alleges that over a ten-year period, Stanley and others participated in a scheme to bribe Nigerian government officials in order to obtain construction contracts worth more than $6 billion. The contracts were awarded to a four-company joint venture of which The M.W. Kellogg Company, and later KBR, was a member.

You know, this bit has nothing to do with either war or Halliburton. Is it a random attack of citationitis?

Please. It was actually Cactus who posted the link above to halliburtonwatch.org, which provided me with the link to that story. As I mentioned above, Halliburon and KBR are one in the same, which is also shown on halliburtonwatch.org:

Quote :
Halliburton and Nigeria:
A Chronology of Key Events in the Unfolding Bribery Scandal

1988: Dresser Industries acquires M.W. Kellogg, ten years before Dresser merges with Halliburton.

September 1994: M.W. Kellogg and three other companies form a partnership known as TSKJ, incorporated in Medeira, Portugal. Each
partner owns a 25 percent equal share. Kellogg's three other partners are Technip of France, Italy's Snamprogetti, and Japan Gasoline Corp. The partnership submits a bid to Nigeria LNG to build a natural gas plant in Nigeria. Nigeria LNG is owned by the Nigerian government and Royal Dutch/Shell Group. TSKJ's $2 billion bid is not immediately accepted even though it was 5 percent lower than a bid submitted by competitor, Bechtel Group, Inc.

This all has a lot to do with racketeering and the privatisation of war, and indeed now has a lot to do with the privatisation of Irish politics. Who do you think built the Port Tunnel? KBR. How much over budget did it go? And of course, who was one of the bidders in for the M3 motorway contract?

We have a small circle of business interests here, containing many former US and British military/security services personnel, called Rivada / Libertas, seeking not just our tax money, by the billion, but now seeking direct control over our lives.

Libertas, Nein Danke!

Last edited by Anticoalition on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 6:50 pm

Anticoalition wrote:
This whole thing is looking more and more like a joint US / British military Operation, with Ganley as the Trojan Horse. I'd love a still image of Ganley hiding the US flag just before the interview with German TV. Looks like he is British first, US second, Irish third and anti-EU over all.

As I mentioned before I first met the "Eurorealist" with "Eurosceptic" alliances, Mr Declan Walter Mitty Ganley at a Club Leviathan Debate - Brussels or Boston. Declan was on the side of Boston.
Re O'Connell and the Rivada board: Leviathan as you proabably know was run by Naoise Nunn and Ganley, as is his wont, having spotted someone potential useful went and bought him, Nunn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Nunn seems to have since then bought his freedom back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:16 am

And Kevin O'Connell seems to have done a full trade-in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Nunn seems to have since then bought his freedom back.

Yeah I would suspect at the price of a confidentiality clause
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:19 pm

This business about the "Social Partners" - is it possible to consider these groups as "private" at a small stretch? I don't think they represent the public in its entirety - IBEC and the other crowd - and I don't think they all represent all the workers or businesses either.

They are like a big private group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:50 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
This business about the "Social Partners" - is it possible to consider these groups as "private" at a small stretch? I don't think they represent the public in its entirety - IBEC and the other crowd - and I don't think they all represent all the workers or businesses either.

They are like a big private group.

Totally agreed. Them and the Chambers of Commerce. They represent a small number of businesses, and yet claim to speak for everyone. Social partnership is a myth, with many groups, especially environment and community groups, being excluded. The whole thing is another Government control mechanism, designed to meet the lowest possible standards of public consultation and social inclusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:53 pm

Well said Audi - SP was only ever a device for neutering unions and the volunatary sector - coopting them to the project of 'liberalisation'.

Vincent Browne nails the whole sick mess in today's IT:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2009/0128/1232923369283.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Shane Ross of all people has exposed SP well. The extent of financial cross fertilisation between IBEC and Government meant that they were incentivised to stay cosy with Government rather than mention that the economy was about to go down in flames.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:22 pm

This blog by Dr Sean Hanley takes a look at Libertas as a "franchise" operation and compares it with the launch of Berlusconi's Forza Italia.

Like me, he is sceptical of the welcome that Ganley will get from eurosceptics - or anyone else.

He suggests the main reason for the launch of Libertas as an pan european Party is the availability of European Funding. I that this is certainly an important factor for Ganley - as was the availability before the Referendum of a vast amount of free publicity in Ireland as a result of our requirement for balanced TV and radio coverage.

http://drseansdiary.blogspot.com/2008/12/libertaseu-unveiled-libertascz-unknown.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:25 pm

cactus flower wrote:
This blog by Dr Sean Hanley takes a look at Libertas as a "franchise" operation and compares it with the launch of Berlusconi's Forza Italia.

Like me, he is sceptical of the welcome that Ganley will get from eurosceptics - or anyone else.

He suggests the main reason for the launch of Libertas as an pan european Party is the availability of European Funding. I that this is certainly an important factor for Ganley - as was the availability before the Referendum of a vast amount of free publicity in Ireland as a result of our requirement for balanced TV and radio coverage.

[url=http://drseansdiary.blogspot.com/2008/12/libertaseu-unveiled-libertascz-unknown.html
http://drseansdiary.blogspot.com/2008/12/libertaseu-unveiled-libertascz-unknown.html[/quote[/url]]

Well he is incorrect when he says there is access to campaign funding. There is none available for that purpose. The funding applied for in November cannot be used for campaigning.

I think it's the case that any candidate who reaches over half the quota but isn't elected can have up to 35k of their campaign expenses returned, I'm not sure if this is from the Irish Government or the EU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: first post, yeay!!   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:33 am

Hi,
long time reader, first time poster.
I finally got through the whole thread Woooot!! Very Happy

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on but sure heck, let's live dangerously.

A few pages back someone mentioned donations to Libertas.
I noticed a PayPal donation feature on the Libertas.eu website,
Just for kicks I entered 7,000 euros and clicked 'Donate now'. Sure as Jebus it took me right through to my account with a receipt for the amount n all. I cancelled the transaction (of course) but was surprised at how easy it was to effectively channel funds via their website.

Maybe I'm jumping at shadows here but isn't there a limit on the amount of money a political party can accept from one donor?

If that is the case, and I have indeed assured myself of same on the SIPO website, then why is it that they can accept contributions online in excess of legally defined amount?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:36 am

snapple drinker wrote:
Hi,
long time reader, first time poster.
I finally got through the whole thread Woooot!! Very Happy

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on but sure heck, let's live dangerously.

A few pages back someone mentioned donations to Libertas.
I noticed a PayPal donation feature on the Libertas.eu website,
Just for kicks I entered 7,000 euros and clicked 'Donate now'. Sure as Jebus it took me right through to my account with a receipt for the amount n all. I cancelled the transaction (of course) but was surprised at how easy it was to effectively channel funds via their website.

Maybe I'm jumping at shadows here but isn't there a limit on the amount of money a political party can accept from one donor?

If that is the case, and I have indeed assured myself of same on the SIPO website, then why is it that they can accept contributions online in excess of legally defined amount?
Hello and Welcome - did you enjoy that thread. When you give a paypal donation is it regarded as anonymous though ... ? Your paypal account is linked to your credit card which should have your name and address unless you've a credit card that's based on a false indentity.

Perhaps Libertas have to submit Paypal receipts to the SIPO?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:56 pm

One thing they can't do legally is accept non EU donations so Sipo or the EU equivalent will have to look at all their donations.

Paypal will not give LIbertas the credit cards details of people who donate but will have that information themselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 3:37 pm

Here is one that some of you may have missed about Ganley, P.ie , Iraq etc
ganley-iraq shenanigans from phoenix

Click on iimage to read
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Hello and Welcome - did you enjoy that thread. When you give a paypal donation is it regarded as anonymous though ... ? Your paypal account is linked to your credit card which should have your name and address unless you've a credit card that's based on a false indentity.

Perhaps Libertas have to submit Paypal receipts to the SIPO?

Hi Audi thanks Very Happy
incidentally fair play to the moderators for steering this discussion within the confines of the law and good taste (you guys are great xxxOOO I love you), it's a valuable resource for someone like me (kinda clueless about the Irish blogosphere). I had never read Cedarlounge or Indymedia on the subject until I stumbled across them here. It's been a real eye-opener affraid affraid

I notice that donations to political parties on the internet seem to overlook any
references to the rules for giving such funds. None of the
mainstream Irish parties' sites refer to SIPO or the amounts that can be donated
by an anonymous donor or those that must supply the name and address of the
donor. It seems that Irish political funding is almost completely unregulated online Suspect bandit country.

Fine Gael: http://www.finegael.ie//page.cfm/page/Donate_Fundraising//pkey/1165
Labour: http://www.labour.ie/donate/form.html
Sinn Fein: http://www.sinnfein.ie/join/donations

Libertas is the only site that has a PayPal function. But similiar to the traditional Irish parties it does not provide any guidelines to a donor on amounts or anonymity. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Plus there are no restrictions on location of the donor on
Libretas.eu. However it would violate EU and national rules for them to accept any cash from outside either the state in the case of Ireland or the EU in the case of the whole community area.

It may take a little time for that to be looked into , possibly after an election when financing was being examined.
TRhis is the case with Libertas in Ireland whose funding is currently under the scrutiny of SIPO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:44 pm

snapple drinker wrote:
I notice that donations to political parties on the internet seem to overlook any references to the rules for giving such funds. None of the
mainstream Irish parties' sites refer to SIPO or the amounts that can be donated by an anonymous donor or those that must supply the name and address of the
donor. It seems that Irish political funding is almost completely unregulated online Suspect bandit country.

Libertas is the only site that has a PayPal function. But similiar to the traditional Irish parties it does not provide any guidelines to a donor on amounts or anonymity. Suspect
Do you know much about the obligations on parties to disclose sources of funding ? Isn't the maximum around 6k before it's supposed to be declared? Nothing stopping the main parties from getting x to donate 6k every couple of days or so. There's also something about FG and FF not having disclosed as much of their donors as they are supposed to - anyone know anything about that? I think I read that SF disclose a lot more than the others.

Frightened Albanian
I hadn't realised you'd answered by question about paypal not being obliged to send details onto Libertas. Is Paypal a loophole in the donations laws so?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
snapple drinker wrote:
I notice that donations to political parties on the internet seem to overlook any references to the rules for giving such funds. None of the
mainstream Irish parties' sites refer to SIPO or the amounts that can be donated by an anonymous donor or those that must supply the name and address of the

Do you know much about the obligations on parties to disclose sources of funding ? Isn't the maximum around 6k before it's supposed to be declared? Nothing stopping the main parties from getting x to donate 6k every couple of days or so. There's also something about FG and FF not having disclosed as much of their donors as they are supposed to - anyone know anything about that? I think I read that SF disclose a lot more than the others.

Frightened Albanian
I hadn't realised you'd answered by question about paypal not being obliged to send details onto Libertas. Is Paypal a loophole in the donations laws so?

pay pal will send the details of the donor but not such details as credit card. They would get the address registered with paypal. However anyone can pay by credit card without a paypal account. It is a system that is open to abuse re donations with a little care and planning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 pm

the point really is what are they collecting for? Ganley's shiny new office? One candidates so far O'Connell in the UK. There were rumours that Ganley announced his intentions yesterday.
At present they may not be in receipt of EU funds so it would be interesting id that give s them a window to hard up cash that will not be queried later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:27 pm

What are any of them collecting for ?? mercs, perks, dinners for themselves and their mates I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 12:19 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
What are any of them collecting for ?? mercs, perks, dinners for themselves and their mates I suppose.

Collecting for the ability to run a Libertas's pan-european European Parliament election campaigns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 12:32 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Collecting for the ability to run a Libertas's pan-european European Parliament election campaigns.
And how's that going now? The elections are on fairly soon aren't they?

I know ye'll be on a bus some of the time but can you tell us if Declan runs a tight fiscal campaign with proper financial diligence and reward where reward is due and all that.

Being stingy is the new Black you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 12:37 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

I wonder how the lastest Red C poll for tomorrow's Sunday Business Post bodes for Libertas.
Quote :
58% of those poll Red C poll for tomorrow's Sunday Business Post,ed said they would support the Lisbon Treaty, compared to 28% who said they would not, with 14% undecidedhese results represent a two to one majority for the Yes side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:04 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

And how's that going now? The elections are on fairly soon aren't they?

I know ye'll be on a bus some of the time but can you tell us if Declan runs a tight fiscal campaign with proper financial diligence and reward where reward is due and all that.

Being stingy is the new Black you know.

95% of campaign funds are earmarked for balloons. Red one. We'll give the Nena one a run for her money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Privatisation of Irish Politics
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next