Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Privatisation of Irish Politics

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage

The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 am

Anticoalition wrote:
The same USA Today article, 'Trips paid by firms officials regulate', also says:

Quote :
Those trips and more than 100 others taken from April 2006 to March 2007 would be out of bounds for members of Congress under the recently passed ethics bill, because they lasted more than one day and were paid for by companies or groups that employ lobbyists. The travel restrictions in the ethics bill, which awaits President Bush's signature, don't apply to the other branches of government."
#

The article says, in relation to the trips highlighted in the article, one of which involved Rivada:

For executive branch officials, federal rules say corporate-funded trips are permitted as long as they don't "cause a reasonable person … to question the integrity of agency programs or operations."

Each of the trips examined by USA TODAY was deemed to have met that standard, agency spokesmen said.

Also, the Forum on Public Safety was organised in association with the University of Limerick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:27 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Anticoalition wrote:
The same USA Today article, 'Trips paid by firms officials regulate', also says:

Quote :
Those trips and more than 100 others taken from April 2006 to March 2007 would be out of bounds for members of Congress under the recently passed ethics bill, because they lasted more than one day and were paid for by companies or groups that employ lobbyists. The travel restrictions in the ethics bill, which awaits President Bush's signature, don't apply to the other branches of government."
#

The article says, in relation to the trips highlighted in the article, one of which involved Rivada:

For executive branch officials, federal rules say corporate-funded trips are permitted as long as they don't "cause a reasonable person … to question the integrity of agency programs or operations."

Each of the trips examined by USA TODAY was deemed to have met that standard, agency spokesmen said.

Also, the Forum on Public Safety was organised in association with the University of Limerick.

Yes, one of the founders of Libertas is a staffer there, isn't he ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 am

cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Anticoalition wrote:

Quote :
#

Is he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 am

The quoted is procurment for US airforce amendments for 2008. It is integral to their program to have such devices as Ganley's company makes. See the pdf fro details.
Gun aimers,

plus
Can we take it as an official Libertas position that Kevin O'Connell and Libertas are not spying on people?
Quote :

He is a well qualified and highly respected criminologist who has
held high positions in both the London Met and Europol. If you're going
to run head first into some pathetic attempt to smear him I suggest you
stop there.
First I don(t smear I interrogate and report facts and omissions , Secondly he certainly has come into focus for enquiry and thirdly if he is a spooked out type of guy I will want to know who was and is pulling his strings.
As he was and is in a position to call old pals in his various former agencies he would certainly be someone to watch re Libertas black ops and vitriolic smears.

Did he investigate Frightened Albanian, Kev Bar, People Korps etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:05 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Anticoalition wrote:

Quote :
#

Is he?

Nunn was employed by Rivada to work on the Forum and then Libertas. I think David Cochrane was too . So correct Cactus. Plus Cookie I have not noticed this level of agitation in your postings since you/Cochrane banned People Korps from P.ie.

I reackon we are going to have to look very closely at Kevin O'Connell, I love it when the watchers become the watched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:07 am

Frightened Albanian wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Anticoalition wrote:

Quote :
#

Is he?

Nunn was employed by Rivada to work on the Forum and then Libertas. I think David Cochrane was too . So correct Cactus. Plus Cookie I have not noticed this level of agitation in your postings since you/Cochrane banned People Korps from P.ie.

I reackon we are going to have to look very closely at Kevin O'Connell, I love it when the watchers become the watched.

Nunn, Cochrane a staffer at Limerick University?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 am

Dr Chris Coughlan, incoming President of Chambers Ireland, is a founding member of Libertas, along with Dr Roger Downer (former University of Limerick
President), Eamonn Cregan (Downer's right-hand man in UL), and a host
of Ganley employees... who work for his military communications
company, Rivada Networks. The majority of Rivada contracts are with the
US military. Ulick McEvaddy is another big Libertas-head.
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:3POhNPOdesYJ:celticdonkey.blogspot.com/2008/05/finally-media-goes-for-libertas.html+coughlan+libertas+limerick&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

Cookie your posting above seemed to indicate that tehre was no UOL connection, come on man your cred is zero as it stands now you are in the minus 50s

I liked the blog though, shows yet another vulnerable point in the weak underbelly of Libertas

Last edited by Frightened Albanian on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:12 am

The quoted is procurment for US airforce amendments for 2008. It is integral to their program to have such devices as Ganley's company makes. See the pdf fro details.
Gun aimers,

Can you explain how Rivada technology is used, please?

Quote :

plus
Can we take it as an official Libertas position that Kevin O'Connell and Libertas are not spying on people?
You can take it however you wish.

Quote :

stop there.

Quote :
First I don(t smear
Yes, you do.

Quote :
I interrogate and report facts and omissions
Oh, that's what you call it, looks to me like you all omitted to mention an important chunk of the USA today article.

Quote :
Secondly he certainly has come into focus for enquiry
Sure, why not.

Quote :
and thirdly if he is a spooked out type of guy
He's not. He's a police man.

Quote :
I will want to know who was and is pulling his strings.
His wife, probably.

Quote :
As he was and is in a position to call old pals in his various former agencies he would certainly be someone to watch re Libertas black ops and vitriolic smears.
That is an outrageous statement and there is absolutely no basis in fact to back that up.

Quote :
Why the hell would he bother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:14 am

Dr Chris Coughlan, incoming President of Chambers Ireland, is a founding member of Libertas, along with Dr Roger Downer (former University of Limerick
President), Eamonn Cregan (Downer's right-hand man in UL), and a host
of Ganley employees... who work for his military communications
company, Rivada Networks. The majority of Rivada contracts are with the
US military. Ulick McEvaddy is another big Libertas-head.
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:3POhNPOdesYJ:celticdonkey.blogspot.com/2008/05/finally-media-goes-for-libertas.html+coughlan+libertas+limerick&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

Cookie your posting above seemed to indicate that tehre was no UOL connection, come on man your cred is zero as it stands now you are in the minus 50s
No it doesn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:17 am

cookiemonster wrote:
The quoted is procurement for US airforce amendments for 2008. It is integral to their program to have such devices as Ganley's company makes. See the pdf fro details.
Gun aimers,

Quote :

plus

Quote :

stop there.

Quote :
First I don(t smear
Yes, you do.

Quote :
Oh, that's what you call it, looks to me like you all omitted to mention an important chunk of the USA today article.

Quote :
Sure, why not.

Quote :

Quote :
His wife, probably.

Quote :
That is an outrageous statement and there is absolutely no basis in fact to back that up.

Quote :

Can you explain how Rivada technology is used, please? You explain it your the man who knows these things. Just tell me that modern weapons systems can be operated without communications equipment?
We have had this discussion before I think. You lost.

The "we only followed orders" line equating here with "we only do communications"

Could the IDF have pummelled civilians in Gaza without mobile communications systems? They are part of a modern war/murder machine! Ganely makes them for not just the "home guard" but for the USAF and the USN
In fact that pdf I put up the link to says they a the contractor for all the services in the US.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 am

cookiemonster wrote:
The quoted is procurement for US airforce amendments for 2008. It is integral to their program to have such devices as Ganley's company makes. See the pdf fro details.
Gun aimers,

Quote :

plus

Quote :

stop there.

Quote :
First I don(t smear
Yes, you do.

Quote :

Quote :
Sure, why not.

Quote :

Quote :
His wife, probably.

Quote :

Quote :

Can you explain how Rivada technology is used, please? You explain it your the man who knows these things. Just tell me that modern weapons systems can be operated without communications equipment?
We have had this discussion before I think. You lost.
No. I'm sorry. You are the one who brough it into the discussion, you did no for no apparent reason. So please explain how Rivada tachnology is used in the situation you just quited and while you're at it why don't you explain what relevence it has to the discussion at hand.

Quote :
The "we only followed orders" line equating here with "we only do communications"
I don't know what you are talking about.

Quote :
Could the IDF have pummelled civilians in Gaza without mobile communications systems? They are part of a modern war/murder machine!
What has that got to do with anything? You are trolling now.

[/quote]Ganely makes them for not just the "home guard" but for the USAF and the USN
In fact that pdf I put up the link to says they a the contractor for all the services in the US.[/quote]
?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:24 am

I don't see one single mention of the first ever Libertas candidate anywhere on the Libertas.eu web site. In fact, a lot of the information on there is way out of date; links to a story about the public supposedly having no appetite for Lisbon II, but nothing about the massive poll swings since that story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:34 am

Trolling don't joke...................you claim Ganley only does little defence jobs rather than weapons systems, that is only technically true. Without communications weapons systems and troops are useless.
You have the pdf do your own research.

i notice that your were treating poor sleeperwoken to the Bobert Cookie double handed aluminium trick the other night tut tut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 am

i notice that your were treating poor sleeperwoken to the Bobert Cookie double handed aluminium trick the other night tut tut

Still grooming Bobert eh?

Also on the Board of Rivada is one Richard B.Meyers. Previously, Myers was commander in Chief of the North American Aerospace Defence Command and U.S. Space Command; Commander of the Air Force Space Command; and Department of Defence manager of space transportation system contingency support at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.

Colorado what? Lanborne country!!!

To date Peterson Airforce Base has spent $35,276,671 with Rivada networks. Who are registered as a Small Disadvantaged Business, run by Native American Indians or some such stroke.

Incidentally in addition to the various satellite surveillance systems run from Peterson, it is also home to NORAD since it's move from Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center in Colorado.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:26 am

Colorado is where one part of Rivada are run from is it not ?
Quote :

"Let me be very clear. Rivada Networks is a public safety communications company," Mr Ganley said.
"We have a contract with the US northern command which is a branch of the
US military and the national guard bureau in their role in public
safety disaster response," he said.

"We supply emergency disaster response communications systems."

This is the pouint cookie he lied again.................1/ National Guard from Louisiana served at Guantanemo "guarding" prisoners 2002. 2/ they and the other 16 National Guards that Ganbley suupplies deploy in Iraq.
WAR what is it good for ? In Declans case MONEY.......................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:39 am

Colorado is where one part of Rivada are run from is it not ?
Quote :

"Let me be very clear. Rivada Networks is a public safety communications company," Mr Ganley said.
"We have a contract with the US northern command which is a branch of the
US military and the national guard bureau in their role in public
safety disaster response," he said.

"We supply emergency disaster response communications systems."

This is the pouint cookie he lied again.................1/ National Guard from Louisiana served at Guantanemo "guarding" prisoners 2002. 2/ they and the other 16 National Guards that Ganbley suupplies deploy in Iraq.
WAR what is it good for ? In Declans case MONEY.......................

He didn't lie. Rivada IS a public safety communications company.

Rivada does supply the national guard bureau in their role in public safety disaster response.

Rivada does supply emergency disaster response communications systems. What the national guard do in Guantanamo has little to do with Rivada, their systems are not required nor are they used there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 am

Balls cookie, do they not bring their toys to Iraq?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:14 am

Balls cookie, do they not bring their toys to Iraq?

No. You don't seem to understand, Rivada specialised in communications for first responders in public safety disaster response stutations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:17 am

Is war not a disaster situation you are being completely disingenuous.
Why do they need so many military staff? Sorry you have lost this point again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 am

You are saying this stuff stays in the USA? How do you know? Do you work for Rivada too? Did Kevin O'Connell tell you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:19 am

cookiemonster wrote:

He didn't lie. Rivada IS a public safety communications company.

Rivada does supply the national guard bureau in their role in public safety disaster response.

Rivada does supply emergency disaster response communications systems. What the national guard do in Guantanamo has little to do with Rivada, their systems are not required nor are they used there.

What then are they supplying to Peterson AFB? The National Guard is not a Tenant at Peterson.
The current Tennants are:
On another note I found this while I was searching blogs this evening...
mod: if you find another one, studiorat, would you oblige us by posting it elsewhere. cf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:26 am

mod: FA - please contact any mod by pm to explain why you find it necessary to break Site Rules. cf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 am

Is war not a disaster situation you are being completely disingenuous.
Did I say it was?

Quote :
Why do they need so many military staff?
Who?

Quote :
Sorry you have lost this point again
I disagree, but I do need to ask at this point what this has to do with the privatisation of irish politics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 am

Militarisation of politics and privatisation of politics go hand in hand!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:41 am

di you see boberts effort?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Privatisation of Irish Politics   The Privatisation of Irish Politics - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Privatisation of Irish Politics
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next