Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:27 am

Don't forget the prophylactics and the toothpicks coc!

youngdan there is some mention of the carry trade on the Iceland thread. I think there's a Max Keiser video there were he says it took down the country's banks ... Interest rates being higher with investments in their currency ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:50 am

I have not seen that Audi but I would hazard a guess that Keiser is talking about a different thing. He would perchance be talking about Icelandic banks offering higher rates of interest to attract the so called Hot Money.

What I referred to was American banks being able to reliquidify themselves by borrowing money from the Fed at 3% and lending it out at 9% for a risk free 6%. Therefore they pushed loans to all and sundry.

Later they availed of a more complicated racket involving yen.

The seeds of the collapse were planted by Greenspan and the bankers in the 90s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Don't forget the prophylactics ...
We won't need them Audi, it seems we've already been f*cked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am

Can you tell us what the mood is generally like in the US youngdan - is it really going to go bust this week do you think ?

Your real name wouldn't happen to be youngdan reinhardt would it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:17 am

I would not hold my breath but when it does happen it will be very quick. I read that Iceland caved in in 4 days. Iceland is not the center of the universe and a big problem could be an instant.

No great anger here at the moment because to be angry would be admiting that Obama suckered them.

Thursday the most difficult bond is sold but no signs of panic yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:32 am

What's Thursday - the 30 year ?

Depending on what will happen, a lot of people might wake up to the ideas of Ron Paul yet you know.... He focuses on savings and creation of native industry as well as being a pacifist and trading swords for ploughshares.

He has woken a lot of people up which is good to see. He and other groups may have to be listened to yet over there.

I'm sure there have been plenty of Administrations in the past which collapsed half way through or less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:15 am

Yes it is. Ron Paul is a long way from a pacifist though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flUwh3t2_lQ

Lindsey williams on Alex Jones - Williams is saying that for the first time Ever the Federal Reserve was going to start buying T-Bills. This means inflation ... US Weimar Republic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 am

They have not yet begun to buy treasury bills but have bought other assets(trash that nobody else would buy) to the tune of trillions.

To put these figures in perspective, the Iraq war was initially budgeted for 30 billion.

The 1st Gulf war actually cost about 60 billion totall and invoved 500000 troops.

Obama is stealing 1000 billion dollars and will destroy the US of A.

Obama will collapse the global financial system and billions will die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:33 am

youngdan wrote:
They have not yet begun to buy treasury bills but have bought other assets(trash that nobody else would buy) to the tune of trillions.

To put these figures in perspective, the Iraq war was initially budgeted for 30 billion.

The 1st Gulf war actually cost about 60 billion totall and invoved 500000 troops.

Obama is stealing 1000 billion dollars and will destroy the US of A.

Obama will collapse the global financial system and billions will die.

yeah right

There must be some clouds to this silver lining ..

youngdan how do you see this happening - people being trampled in bank runs, people going hungry, a GREAT AMERICAN FAMINE on the horizon .... ?

I have as much of a clue about Obama as I have about Alabama but I'm more or less sure that the retribution that might be visited on the US if it comes at all will derive from the Ministry of George Bush and his twisted squad who fought a 3 trillion war in the middle east, fattened his own people while at it and slaughtered possibly in excess of 100,000 though this website says up to 98,000 http://www.iraqbodycount.org/

You might also notice that the death count stopped abruptly at the beginning of January of this year

The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 Temp22

Now, if there is a God then this will not go unpunished. 100,000 innocent Iraqi men women and children wasted by stupidity .... If 100,000 American men women and children starve to death then maybe it will have been a lesson learned for ye and the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:52 am

Audi

Problem with that is it is the wrong 100,000 who suffer. As always those responsible live to a ripe old age in comfort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Squire wrote:
Audi

Problem with that is it is the wrong 100,000 who suffer. As always those responsible live to a ripe old age in comfort.

Yes you're right - do you think this will ever change? Something half decent happened in France in 1789 and in America around then too. The power centres and the powerful need to be hit at some stage - they need to be lobbied, boycotted, shunned, burned if necessary.

The Spanish sent a couple thousand troops to Iraq, Madrid was bombed a little later, the Spanish were on the streets, the Army was back at home. That was 200 people who died so that the rest of their people could get an idea of who was in charge.

It's inevitable that the liklihood of this will happen on a greater scale only more organised as time goes on. Look at Iceland now only they're too late I suppose.

This is why knowledge, education and a good shock to wake people up might be the ingredients necessary ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:51 pm

I believe a bailout plan of $1.5 trillion has been finalised.
$1.5 trillion - a nice round figure but not so round as to sound makey uppy?
They're not borrowing from the same guys we were planning on touching for a few bob are they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Squire wrote:
Audi

Yes you're right - do you think this will ever change? Something half decent happened in France in 1789 and in America around then too. The power centres and the powerful need to be hit at some stage - they need to be lobbied, boycotted, shunned, burned if necessary.

The Spanish sent a couple thousand troops to Iraq, Madrid was bombed a little later, the Spanish were on the streets, the Army was back at home. That was 200 people who died so that the rest of their people could get an idea of who was in charge.

It's inevitable that the liklihood of this will happen on a greater scale only more organised as time goes on. Look at Iceland now only they're too late I suppose.

This is why knowledge, education and a good shock to wake people up might be the ingredients necessary ..

But it was 9/11 gave them the excuse to invade Iraq in the first place. It is quite enough of a wake up to have millions lose their jobs and homes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

I doubt it. It is part of natural selection, the greedy and selfish survive and pass on their genetic code.

Maybe in this age of communications we may see change but I doubt it. If anything we are heading in the wrong direction. In Medieval times the Squires were exceptionally fond of battle and gore, but when they went to war at least they were on the field with the troops. In places like Crécy EdwardIII was there as was his eldest. Brutal but those that made the decision to go to war were there in the thick of it and saw the consequence of their decisions. If the leaders did not turn up the troops would not have fought.

Can't ever imagine any of the current leaders (with perhaps the exception of Putin) ever putting themselves in a similar position. So we have war where those that cause it are least likely to suffer and the fools go and fight and generally kill similar and civilians.

No in our day and age the Psychos stay at home and fools do the fighting for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 6:15 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:14 am

Not even I could have expected Obama to be a joke so quickly. Gregg has turned him into a laughing stock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:24 am

well, yd, at least he's tried to cut the bankers salaries. Two cheers, but why 500K when he's cut his white house staffers to 100K?? Since the white house staffers are having to run the country and the $^&$£$£* banks, that seems a tad unfair. Don't those guys have union representation ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:37 am

Did I not tell everyone that cutting the salaries was just a ploy to the most brain lamed fools of Obamobots like Papal Kmight.

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/willie/2009/0213.html

This article today explains all but I will paste the relevant part for those who might find the content a bit heavy.

"Focus on JPMorgan executives. Instead of receiving cash bonuses more easily detected, they received very large bonuses in the form of Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs) and Restricted Stock Units. These equity compensation securities are hard to value except by expert analysts. SARs are very similar to employee stock options, whereas Restricted Stock Units are very similar to Restricted Stock. These SARs were granted on 20 January 2009, the day that the JPMorgan stock reached its lowest in five years. The stock quickly rebounded.

Total value (2/6/2009) of SARs Granted = $81,405,000
Total value (2/6/2009) of RSUs Granted = $30,500,000
Total value (2/6/2009)of Grants to top 15 executives= $111,905,000

These totals greatly exceed those for the top Merrill executives as yearend bonuses in cash and"

So they get paid 500 grand and get 112 billion in stock.

Obama voters are as dumb as bricks so everyone is happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:42 am

Well, yd, there's one other way to impoverish the *&^*$%*......in that case, don't buy bank stock....not that anyone's that tempted, anyway.

At least stock options have the advantage that they have to start thinking more long term in order to achieve maximum value....and avoid nationalisation like the plague.

Better than cash, you'd have to admit. Mind you, why aren't they being paid in sub-prime mortgage bonds?? They'd be back to full value before you or I could utter the words "creative accounting".....problem solved???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:02 am

youngdan wrote:

These totals greatly exceed those for the top Merrill executives as yearend bonuses in cash and"

So they get paid 500 grand and get 112 billion in stock.

Obama voters are as dumb as bricks so everyone is happy

It amazes me what people believe and how much of the press so expertly avoid critical analysis.

Expat

Basically there is nothing good in this, lies, deceit, half truths, financial and political manipulation, and a gullible public willing to pay for it to the day they die.

I can't see them being too worried, they have the government pumping money in like there is no tomorrow. To hell with everyone else, as long as the chosen are saved. What we are witnessing is probably the greatest fraud in history and it looks like they are going to get away with it. It is so blatant that it is hard to believe. It is like watching a car coming towards you when you are driving up a motorway, your brain takes a while to accept what the eyes see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:14 am

tongue in cheek.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:28 am

expat girl wrote:
tongue in cheek.....

Aaaagh, I blame my grand mother, I think it is where the serious gene came from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Obama Administration / State of the Union Address   The Obama Administration /  State of the Union Address - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:48 am

Obama "remissions" 17000 troops to Afghanistan from their way on to Iraq. This was apparently a campaign promise of Obama - boost troops in Afghanistan and reduce troops in Iraq ....