Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach Empty
PostSubject: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 8:19 pm

At a moment of his own choosing, the Ard-Taoiseach will give a formal address on behalf of the Machine Nation from his official residence.

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach IRISH_FLAG_FOR_HUTCH_NOV_07009

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach IMG_0469.sized
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 8:46 pm

We're committed to our leader and, as such, await his statement with excitement and happiness.

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach Excited2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:11 pm

*sits closer to edge of seat*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:19 pm

*gets backet of tomatoes ready*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:21 pm

*smacks cookie's head for lack of deference*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:31 pm

*defers furiously*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:47 pm

*smacks cookie for fidgetting, makes him spit out chewing gum*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 9:58 pm

*wonders why riadach has turned into my mother*

*also pours second glass of wine*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:04 pm

*returns to knitting, fixes bifocal glasses, ensures skirt is over legs, ponders how terrible kids are compared to my day, and does hrt actually work*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:05 pm

riadach wrote:
*returns to knitting, fixes bifocal glasses, ensures skirt is over legs, ponders how terrible kids are compared to my day, and does hrt actually work*

My mother isn't that old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:26 pm

*painfully avoids sexually connotated mother joke*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptySun May 18, 2008 10:46 pm

riadach wrote:
*painfully avoids sexually connotated mother joke*

*nods quietly knowing it wouldn't be the first time*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:15 am

Errraaa hhrmmmm...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:19 am

*clears throat*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:21 am

Shhhhh, everyone! He's about to begin!

*holds breath*

Last edited by TheBear on Mon May 19, 2008 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add suspense)
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:23 am

Should we put an annoucement on p.ie and boards?
Back to top Go down
https://machinenation.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:25 am

Mná na Mháisiún Náisiún, fir na Mháisíun Náisiún, a dhaoine uaisle, mo chairde Ghael. Tá athas orm a bheith ag labhairt libh ar an ocáid mór an oíche sin. Cé go bhfuil Máisiún Náisiún ach 68 laethanta d'aois, is feidir linn a rá go bhfuil sé lán le tráidisiún, fiúntas agus stair. Tá sé ag dul ó neart go neart agus tá sé ag fás ar nós na gaoithe. Bhí teach tearmann é ar dtús, ach is cinnte go bhfuil sé i bhfad níos tabhachtach inniu, agus is iomaí nair buíochas sin!

I'm glad you all could make it, the music's good, the book we've been reading has created much discussion and chit chat, the threads have been flowing these past few weeks, the Sibín does a roaring trade and the Breakfast Bar picks up the secondary round of that, the Boogie Box sends out good vibes while the Decontamination Chamber lets us all unwind.

And how could we do all this without Auditor #9? The founder of the site, the raison detre of Machine Nation. He struck forth, with the sterling and unstinting efforts of EvotingMachine0197 to give us hope and hospitality in the dark days of The Void, the days when, shorn of our P.iehood, we wandered the internet a frightened and formless mass. We owe a great deal to Auditor #9 and I take this opportunity to thank him for all his determination in bringing Machine Nation to life.

As well as Auditor #9, we have EvotingMachine0197, High Commissioner of the Machine National Legion of Honour. You have made this place a great place to be. Thanks very much, EvotingMachine of Gormanstown.

Great thanks must also go to the Global Moderators here: cactus flower, Kate P, ibis and 905, who, along with myself; are a driving force behind the continued and remarkable ascent in the Machine Nation and its scale of ambition. Thank you all for your efforts and I encourage you all to continue with the great project that is Machine Nation. For, unfulfilled, Machine Nation can never be at peace.

As well as that, a great thank you must go to all the rest of the Moderators lie riadach, Brandubh, SeathrúnCeitinn who also make Machine Nation the magnificent place it is.

The membership must also get a mention, from our oldest to our newest, Delicious Cake. It would be a cold place here without the range, breadth and variety which they bring here on a daily basis.

I also take this opportunity to extend a welcome to the CLR, our partners in the wide and wonderful world wide web. Working with people like WorldByStorm has, and will continue to reap significant benefits for both ourselves and the CLR. It is my personal wish that a great friendship and co-operation can arise between our two worlds as we go forth.

And now, I am at the end of my speech, I leave you with the sentiments that while devilish machinations may come to naught, may our machinations come to be taught. Here. Now, and in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:27 am

Cheers and roars cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:33 am

Lads and lassies there's a host of us in it. I listen/read these wonderful words of our ArdTaoiseach as I listen to the profundity of Chris de Burgh - 'Don't Pay the Ferryman' coming to us from the past and from German radio servers - truly it is a wonderful world of machines.

And to the folks in the CLR, let's lift our glasses or buckets in a toast to future relations with the people of your site

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach 424891-I-celebrated-my-panther-taming-with-a-bucket-of-sangsom--red-bull-1

Cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
AuditorGeneral
Blastocyst
AuditorGeneral

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:34 am

I am actually a woman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:36 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
I am actually a woman
Seriously?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:37 am

AuditorGeneral wrote:
I am actually a woman

And I a very attractive one if I might say so.

Actually I am a man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:38 am

Is that the avatar of a self-respecting member of the female race, TheBear?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:41 am

Kate P wrote:
Is that the avatar of a self-respecting member of the female race, TheBear?
Are you referring to mine or Audi's? scratch

And the thing is that I never know about posters' gender. I tend to commit the usual sin of presuming everyone is male, but I rarely have a reason to disbelieve anyone who outs themself as a chick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach EmptyMon May 19, 2008 12:44 am

Audi's. I have no idea what it is but it looks steely or concretey and rather male. Your avatar, on the other hand, is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach   Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach Empty

Back to top Go down

Formal Address by Ard-Taoiseach
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next