Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Seathrún shows his hand

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Seathrún shows his hand - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seathrún shows his hand   Seathrún shows his hand - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:28 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

'Deadwood' is the real politics show

That's that programme set in 19th century frontier America? I never watched it but I hear it's rather good granted the inexplicable addition of Lovejoy to the cast.

Dude.....if you're looking for your next personal box set treat for yourself ...buy that. Ian Mc Shane is the baddest 'cocksucker' in the west. If that word offends your sensibilities I'd give it a wide birth......that's only the start of it.....he is a revelation in that role

I think I will. I wasn't too sure about the whole thing, it being on Sky One where some rather awful imports reside, but now that you say it, I'll have a look for it in my travels for another box set treat(though I am thinking of going mad and buying all the West Wing series and disappearing into them for a week).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seathrún shows his hand   Seathrún shows his hand - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:30 pm

riadach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

'Deadwood' is the real politics show

That's that programme set in 19th century frontier America? I never watched it but I hear it's rather good granted the inexplicable addition of Lovejoy to the cast.

Dude.....if you're looking for your next personal box set treat for yourself ...buy that. Ian Mc Shane is the baddest 'cocksucker' in the west. If that word offends your sensibilities I'd give it a wide birth......that's only the start of it.....he is a revelation in that role

Thanks for that tip SeathrúnCeitinn. I've never given it a try. Is it running at the moment?

It's now officially finished after the three series. There was talk of one/two movie type specials the way there was after the fourth series of Sopranos but I think those rumours have been quashed. It's not on any channel at the moment but I would buy the box set. It's a classic. Totally underated and one liners come in tidal waves. Buy it, Cactus, you won't regret it.

The dialogue can be rather impenetrable at points. And can someone tell me why the so-called Cornishmen in season three spoke Dublin Irish?

Fair point on the impenetrability(I need George Galloway to pronounce that)...I had to rewind a few times but the lines usually turned out to be clinkers. There are a few accents out of place in it right enough. I'll bet some Cornish nationalists were as proud as punch too. Wink

Just wait to you hear the North Antrim/East Tyrone/Belfast/Hollywood accent of a troll on wheels in Hellboy 2....and the boul St Malachy even gets a mention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seathrún shows his hand   Seathrún shows his hand - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Did it mention his leading role in the reformation of the Irish church, the introduction of a diocesan system, bringing over the cistercians and his popularising the Roman liturgy, or merely something about a prophecy? :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seathrún shows his hand   Seathrún shows his hand - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 8:43 pm

riadach wrote:
Did it mention his leading role in the reformation of the Irish church, the introduction of a diocesan system, bringing over the cistercians and his popularising the Roman liturgy, or merely something about a prophecy? :-)

It was a first rate analysis of early church machinations and Malachy's central role.....or to put it another way it was the name of a lucky charm that summoned good luck against Hellboy's supernatural foes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seathrún shows his hand   Seathrún shows his hand - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
riadach wrote:

It was a first rate analysis of early church machinations and Malachy's central role.....or to put it another way it was the name of a lucky charm that summoned good luck against Hellboy's supernatural foes

Ah to be sure to be sure. Didn't the bould Bernard of Clairvaux devote an entire chapter of his Life of St Malachy to the same very lucky charm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seathrún shows his hand   Seathrún shows his hand - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seathrún shows his hand
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: