Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Seamus Brennan TD - RIP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Seamus Brennan TD - RIP Empty
PostSubject: Seamus Brennan TD - RIP   Seamus Brennan TD - RIP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 11:58 am

I've only just heard.

Wiki wrote:
Séamus Brennan died in the early hours of 9 July 2008 at his home in Churchtown in Dublin. He had been unwell for some time.[3]
He is survived by his wife Ann, their two sons and four daughters.
Brian Cowen said Brennan would remembered as "a brilliant political
strategist, a dedicated constituency TD, a reforming minister and a
very popular colleague".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seamus Brennan TD - RIP   Seamus Brennan TD - RIP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Very much a shocker to me though the rumours were extant on p.ie for a few months. I saw it reported there while on holidays and there was no need to duplicate it here then I thought.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Seamus Brennan TD - RIP   Seamus Brennan TD - RIP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:23 pm

By-Election then I presume.

Possibly a chance for Liz O'Donnell to have another go ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seamus Brennan TD - RIP   Seamus Brennan TD - RIP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 2:25 pm

Don't know too much about the man but I liked his sad and clever face. Sorry for the loss to all who knew him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seamus Brennan TD - RIP   Seamus Brennan TD - RIP EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:10 pm

He was involved in breaking up the Aer Lingus monopoly during the late seventies or early eighties which led to the growth of the monster Ryanair a true thorn in the side of humanity, which was allowed to use the then new Stansted as a launch pad despite the protests of Aer Lingus. Ryanair who employ thousands and provide air fares like Shannon-Beauvais for €50 - a true thorn in the side of humanity alright not to mention the extremely unjust Shannon-Treviso (30 mins from Venice) for €50 too in the middle of August. A desperate travesty.

http://www.compare-airport-parking.co.uk/news/898/Ryanair-Pay-Tribute-To-Seamus-Brennan-.html

RIP Seamus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seamus Brennan TD - RIP   Seamus Brennan TD - RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Seamus Brennan TD - RIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: History :: An Reilig-
Jump to: