Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran

Go down 
AuthorMessage

'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran Empty
PostSubject: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Galloway incandescent at the ignorance and indifference of a caller to his radio show about the rationale and likely consequences of a strike on Iran:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article20281.htm

Gorgeous George on splendid form!

Last edited by EvotingMachine0197 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Just added Iran to title)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 11:08 pm

Aragon wrote:
Galloway incandescent at the ignorance and indifference of a caller to his radio show about the rationale and likely consequences of a strike on Iran:

Good stuff! The sabre-rattling over Iran never ceases to amaze me - do people actually believe the shite spouted by Israeli hawks and their cheerleaders? Did they learn nothing from Iraq? Or is cognitive dissonance always stronger than facts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 11:14 pm

ibis wrote:
Aragon wrote:

Good stuff! The sabre-rattling over Iran never ceases to amaze me - do people actually believe the shite spouted by Israeli hawks and their cheerleaders? Did they learn nothing from Iraq? Or is cognitive dissonance always stronger than facts?

Well said! I've begun to accept it's very likely not until the same collective are about to inflict the same things on 'us' that most of 'us' will begin to realise what is/was done to 'them' (Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranians etc etc etc).
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:14 pm

George makes a good point that Iran have not invaded anyone in 300 years.

Why is everyone so scared of Iran going nuclear ? Is it mass paranoia ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Maybe it is Iran's own sabre ratling over Israel,
Maybe it is their questioning of the Holocaust,
Maybe it is their retreat from democracy,
Maybe it is the fact that Iran has a grudge to bear against the west,
Maybe it is the fact that they have threatened to disrupt the World's oil supply in a time of global economic crisis,
Maybe it is their overtures to Iraqi Shias;
Maybe it is the fanatical support of the population for their leadership's sabre rattling,
Maybe it is their stable religious government which may be seen as a model by others,
Maybe it is their alliance with Syria,
Maybe it is the fact that they are not co-operating with the UN inspectors,
Maybe it is their closeness to nuclear Pakistan and nuclear India,
Maybe it is their closeness to Afghanistan,
Maybe it is their closeness to the former Soviet Union States that are traversed by oil pipelines,
Maybe it is their develoment of long range missiles which can reach Israel,
Maybe it is the fact that Israel is scared that it is perceived as vulnerable after its Lebanese misadventures,
or maybe it's just because all americans are stupid oil guzzling imperialist infidel dogs.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:53 pm

So you'd be with George on this then Zhou ?
I need to read up a bit on the relationship between Iran and Syria.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 4:17 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
So you'd be with George on this then Zhou ?
I need to read up a bit on the relationship between Iran and Syria.

Never trust a man with a tache... other than Magnum PI... and the head of the Law Society...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Could it be anything to do with the fact that it is much easier to invade a country that doesn't have weapons of mass destruction?
At the moment Israel is the main mid east nuclear weapons holder.

Anyone else note that the US is engaged with a large deal with India on "civil" nuclear power development that has caused political ructions over corruption ?
Who decides who is allowed to have

Iran has been messed with by Britain and the US on more occasions than I can remember. Anyone like to put up a list of real and proxy / western sponsored invasions and coups in Iran ? Would you include the Iran - Iraq war ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is Iran's own sabre ratling over Israel,
Maybe it is their questioning of the Holocaust,
Fair enough but hardly good enough reasons to invade the buggers. Israel and the West can teach them a thing or two about sabre-rattling.
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is their retreat from democracy,
Although the country is generally an authoritarian regime, I'm not familiar with any further erosion of democracy. Could you elaborate?
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is the fact that Iran has a grudge to bear against the west,
Maybe it is the fact that they have threatened to disrupt the World's oil supply in a time of global economic crisis,
While distasteful, both of these are legitimate. Everyone has grudges, and they can't be blamed for utilising their oil supplies to the maximun. They are being threatened with economic sanctions, so it's kind of understandable.
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is their overtures to Iraqi Shias;
What's wrong with that? the US supported the Shias.
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is the fanatical support of the population for their leadership's sabre rattling,
Maybe it is their stable religious government which may be seen as a model by others,
Hmm, I'm unfamiliar with the state of the country's population but I notice that the Americans are always careful to differentiate between the Iranian government and her people. A stable government system is nothin g to be sniffed at. I'd prefer to see an authoritarian stable government than an unstable secular system. Ask the average Somali and I bet he'd say the same.
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is their alliance with Syria,
Syria are dirt largely because of their relationship with Iran. I can't see it working the other way. You'd be better off focusing on the links between Venezuela and Iran.
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is the fact that they are not co-operating with the UN inspectors,
Maybe it is their closeness to nuclear Pakistan and nuclear India,
Iran have certainly been quite dodgy in theior nuclear dealings but there is nothing unusual in that. Iran is hardly closer to nuclear India than the Yanks, who have been causing all sorts of headaches for the NPT people. Nuclear Pakistan is another ally of the West.
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is their closeness to Afghanistan,
Maybe it is their closeness to the former Soviet Union States that are traversed by oil pipelines,
Afghanistan is hardly a concern. And the Russians can look after themselves. I don't see them looking too upset.
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Maybe it is their develoment of long range missiles which can reach Israel,
Maybe it is the fact that Israel is scared that it is perceived as vulnerable after its Lebanese misadventures,
or maybe it's just because all americans are stupid oil guzzling imperialist infidel dogs.
Long-range missiles and repeated threats are legitimate concerns but nothing we haven't pointed at Iran already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran   'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran Empty

Back to top Go down

'George Galloway v A. Twit' - Iran
Page 1 of 1