Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE Empty
PostSubject: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:30 am

Unashamedly I am referencing p.ie here where aodh_rua opened a thread on the FG efforts to get the HSE reformed or at least properly audited. The p.ie thread is here.

It looks like a serious committee of professionals entrusted to carry out a decent audit and body-cavity search of what's up with the HSE quango.

Any thoughts at this time of the night?

(I love meriwether's point a few posts in .. Smile )

FG website ref
http://www.finegael.ie/news/index.cfm/type/details/nkey/33800/pkey/653/

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:58 am

So Edo if you're knocking around, can you give us the insider viewpoint on this at all?

It's encouraging that Alan Dukes will be at the head of this but have you any details about it that you are dying to release?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:57 pm

I had a chat with a Fianna Fáiler yesterday and the mood down in Clare seems to be that Harney should go. That's from FF, now. I disagreed saying that if Harney was the problem then I'd be the first to say she should go but I said I didn't think she was the problem - it was indeed systemic failure.

Then I plugged the FG strategy above... A massive audit and a slim published volume which they might charge a token for (€1) full of facts and figures and comparisons to other systems. I would demand this of FG and maybe Labour - they are huge forces with huge resources and could fund the publishing of such a volume, perhaps even once a year or once every two years.

Then people might be able to make up their own minds as to who should go, or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:49 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I had a chat with a Fianna Fáiler yesterday and the mood down in Clare seems to be that Harney should go. That's from FF, now. I disagreed saying that if Harney was the problem then I'd be the first to say she should go but I said I didn't think she was the problem - it was indeed systemic failure.

Then I plugged the FG strategy above... A massive audit and a slim published volume which they might charge a token for (€1) full of facts and figures and comparisons to other systems. I would demand this of FG and maybe Labour - they are huge forces with huge resources and could fund the publishing of such a volume, perhaps even once a year or once every two years.

Then people might be able to make up their own minds as to who should go, or not.

I found that an immensely interesting thread and a straw in the wind -
you could't get a discussion on health going on P.ie for love nor money (not even for ready cash) two months ago.

Failure to deliver on health (privatisation was a mess) was what ended the long Tory era in Britain. We are going to see some big shifts in the political scene in Ireland with FF/PD's electoral deal (you get jobs and money and we get seriously rich) well and truly over.
The doors are open to whoever, left or right, charges through with any appetite to govern in the difficult period we are moving in to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:52 pm

By the way, did you notice that P.ie seems to be morphing into Machine Nation ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
So Edo if you're knocking around, can you give us the insider viewpoint on this at all?

It's encouraging that Alan Dukes will be at the head of this but have you any details about it that you are dying to release?

Sorry Bud - nothing more than the press release that you all have seen - but I did have a good chat about it with Alan Dukes at the Presidential dinner last autumn - I think its really good that he is getting more involved in this. All I can really tell you is that it will very thorough and thought out.

The Health Service is not really my thing TBH - EU, environment and local government reform would be my topics - I find the public in general to be a bunch of lying Bastards when it comes to health - everybody agrees that its bad - but nobody wants to undertake any reform that might temporarily discommode them or cost them anything - but you can't make an omlette without breaking eggs. I honestly do not believe that the review will come up with anything radical or that has not been mentioned before - but what it will do is put on meat on the bones of our (FG) health strategy going forward - an inclusive health service for all - the 2007 manifesto and the 2000 beds thingy was too gimicky - everybody knows that solving or even amileorating the difficulties in the Health services here will be complicated - Im hopeful but cannot give you anymore info at this moment in time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Edo wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Sorry Bud - nothing more than the press release that you all have seen - but I did have a good chat about it with Alan Dukes at the Presidential dinner last autumn - I think its really good that he is getting more involved in this. All I can really tell you is that it will very thorough and thought out.

The Health Service is not really my thing TBH - EU, environment and local government reform would be my topics - I find the public in general to be a bunch of lying Bastards when it comes to health - everybody agrees that its bad - but nobody wants to undertake any reform that might temporarily discommode them or cost them anything - but you can't make an omlette without breaking eggs. I honestly do not believe that the review will come up with anything radical or that has not been mentioned before - but what it will do is put on meat on the bones of our (FG) health strategy going forward - an inclusive health service for all - the 2007 manifesto and the 2000 beds thingy was too gimicky - everybody knows that solving or even amileorating the difficulties in the Health services here will be complicated - Im hopeful but cannot give you anymore info at this moment in time.

Sorry to go off thread, Edo, but any chance you might get up a thread on the Local Government Green Paper when it is out?

I remain convinced that health will come through as a very powerful and possible election-losing issue in the not too distant future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 9:11 pm

why didnt in the previous one, will it be an issue in the locals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE   What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE Empty

Back to top Go down

What They're Doing Now - Fine Gael and the HSE
Page 1 of 1