Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting Empty
PostSubject: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 4:37 pm

A bit of humour to get away from the Lisbon blues Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:16 pm

I love that video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Inspired. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:38 pm

It was inevitable that this would be done. Fair play, it's very good. The parallels are rather disturbing imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Well, if you listen to the little man, at one point he mentions 'Ich habe ganz Europa erobert' - I've conquered all of Europe. It might have been even more disturbing if the subtitle had been able to work that in somehow...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:09 pm

T'anks Hermes. Even better than a Friday Crunchie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It was inevitable that this would be done. Fair play, it's very good. The parallels are rather disturbing imo.

Nah. The Germans ran a good campaign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:16 pm

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Nah. The Germans ran a good campaign.

Yeah. If Brian Cowen is Hitler, then who is Declan Ganley?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 pm

AT wrote:

Lord Haw Haw? Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Hermes wrote:
AT wrote:

Perhaps, and I wonder how Patricia McKenna would also fit in there. I see her as Josef Stalin. She has bite. I like looking at her talk. She's exciting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Hermes wrote:
AT wrote:

Perhaps, and I wonder how Patricia McKenna would also fit in there. I see her as Josef Stalin. She has bite. I like looking at her talk. She's exciting.

Stop. Just...stop. Alright?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:51 pm

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Hermes wrote:
AT wrote:

Stop. Just...stop. Alright?

Smile She's the seductive princess of the No movement, and even a dirty big Yes head like yourself should realise that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Ibis has a crush on Patricia McKenna? Ah, I knew it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Right, then - if you gentlemen would line up in front of that slightly pitted wall there please? Splendid. Don't mind the stains. Either of you smoke?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 4:04 am

Patricia McKenna ibis ? That stupid hippy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

Love is strange, Auditor #9 (and which one of them are you calling a hippy?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm

That's fantastic. Coughlan: Fucking hell, he's really lost it. Joe Higgins!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:37 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

Love is strange, Auditor #9 (and which one of them are you calling a hippy?)
Ha! ibis is a Zippy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:44 pm

A Fairytale of Lisbon

ibis and Patricia McKenna up a tree
Holding the Lisbon Treaty
K-I-S-S-I-NG!

First comes accession
Then comes integration
Then comes Patricia pushing a co-decision package!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Oh no ! don't start me on the art Ard-Taoiseach I have things to do today Very Happy

Voters are Red,
Voters are Blue,
May the dreams both of ibis
And Patsy come true !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Oh no ! don't start me on the art Ard-Taoiseach I have things to do today Very Happy

Voters are Red,
Voters are Blue,
May the dreams both of ibis
And Patsy come true !

That's brilliant too, Auditor. Very good indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:44 pm

Wow but this thread has deteriorated! Next, boys you'll be whacking each other over the head with conkers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:09 am

Or singing "The Power of Love" in chorus Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 5:43 am

enjoy it while you can folks - I have stepped out my usual circle this weekend - am down in Carlow where a month ago - everybody was voting no for lots of reasons having fuck all to do with the treaty - there is a serious case of buyers remorse going around - while CF and others seek reinforcement in other fringe blogs from various fringe operations in other EU states (the fact remains - If the French and others were so unhappy with the Treaty - they would be out burning cars in the street - which they patently are not)

Lisbon is dead - what it contains is not - and no amount of bitching about "elites" etc etc is going to divert democratically elected governments from bringing these into play if they are in the best interests of their nations - our problem is that the Yes campaign ran quite possibly the most inept useless and incompetent campaign in history - and the rest of Europe wants to know why and rightly so.

Personally - I would love Brian Cowen to say to the rest of Europe - "lads we're out for the moment - we're in a total tizz about abortion,consription,taxation and all those other things that weren't in this treaty - we're a bit full of ourselves at the moment and have reasumed our holier than thou status in regard to international relations - just dont cut us off completely" - I think EEA status would suit us perfectly - we wont have to comprise anymore on social and environmental concerns and we wont have Europe to blame anymore either - which will be quite a shock to the Irish system - we always need to somebody to blame, be it Britain, Europe or the US - we are badly in need of the self administered therapy of having to look at ourselves and the choices we make - in the mirror and face up to these ourselves - it will be good for us.

Still - Im damn glad I've held on to my US green card and French passport!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 am

Edo wrote:
enjoy it while you can folks - I have stepped out my usual circle this weekend - am down in Carlow where a month ago - everybody was voting no for lots of reasons having fuck all to do with the treaty - there is a serious case of buyers remorse going around - while CF and others seek reinforcement in other fringe blogs from various fringe operations in other EU states (the fact remains - If the French and others were so unhappy with the Treaty - they would be out burning cars in the street - which they patently are not)

Lisbon is dead - what it contains is not - and no amount of bitching about "elites" etc etc is going to divert democratically elected governments from bringing these into play if they are in the best interests of their nations - our problem is that the Yes campaign ran quite possibly the most inept useless and incompetent campaign in history - and the rest of Europe wants to know why and rightly so.

Personally - I would love Brian Cowen to say to the rest of Europe - "lads we're out for the moment - we're in a total tizz about abortion,consription,taxation and all those other things that weren't in this treaty - we're a bit full of ourselves at the moment and have reasumed our holier than thou status in regard to international relations - just dont cut us off completely" - I think EEA status would suit us perfectly - we wont have to comprise anymore on social and environmental concerns and we wont have Europe to blame anymore either - which will be quite a shock to the Irish system - we always need to somebody to blame, be it Britain, Europe or the US - we are badly in need of the self administered therapy of having to look at ourselves and the choices we make - in the mirror and face up to these ourselves - it will be good for us.

Still - Im damn glad I've held on to my US green card and French passport!

"Gooooo toooooo sleeeep my weary provo friend........"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting   A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

A fly on the wall view of a post Lisbon Treaty referendum cabinet meeting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next