Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Laser v Credit Card

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Laser v Credit Card Empty
PostSubject: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Anyone have any notions as to whether you would get a better exchange rate using a Laser Card or a Mastercard if shopping in Sterling? Am going up to Ikea tomorrow and wonder which I should use!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:01 pm

johnfás wrote:
Anyone have any notions as to whether you would get a better exchange rate using a Laser Card or a Mastercard if shopping in Sterling? Am going up to Ikea tomorrow and wonder which I should use!

Can you use Laser in the 6? I remember you use to have to have SWITCH instead of Laser. It could have changed....I use Mastercard and keep it in the black
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:07 pm

I can tell this is a youthful thread. Ten years ago, when I came back to Ireland, one would have used money.Laser v Credit Card Punts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Can you use Laser in the 6? I remember you use to have to have SWITCH instead of Laser. It could have changed....I use Mastercard and keep it in the black

You need to have Cirrus and Maestro added to your laser card (the logos will be on the back if they are allowed), then it will work more or less anywhere. At a guess I would say MasterCard, but it would be just a guess!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:11 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I can tell this is a youthful thread. Ten years ago, when I came back to Ireland, one would have used money.Laser v Credit Card Punts

I find money to be a dangerous thing. I don't like to live outside my means so I don't fall within the category of a rampant youngster living on a maxed out credit card. However, I do find that if I take out a 20 euro note to buy something for 12.50, the 7.50 soon seems to disappear from my wallet without trace. Given that I don't pay any transaction fees on my bank account (student account) I find it easier to do virtually all my purchases with plastic. Keeps the money in my account and not being wasted on sweets lol! .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:15 pm

johnfás wrote:

American Express Gold Card with a massive limit. That's what I always wish I had in Ikea. You'll have fun. Have the kotbullar (meatballs - they're better than you think) and Dimecake for lunch. Ludicrously good value abroad, not sure about here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:21 pm

Its my second time up, this time I'm going up with my girlfriend because she is moving away from home at the end of the summer so needs various things. I've got a shopping list from the parents though... we can get a hoover up there (Belfast, not Ikea) for 80 euro which costs 150 euro down here, Rip-Off Republic or what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laser v Credit Card   Laser v Credit Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Laser v Credit Card
Page 1 of 1