Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Parallel Universes

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 1:42 am

Like a Star @ heaven 5 alternative universes - on video

Video one - about vasts clumps of matter - stars and quasars - arising from the collision of parallel universes -starting clumps of matters - ripples caused the clumps of matter after the big bang - explaining the beginning of the universe. The theory is really interesting and leads to the latest understanding of the multiverse.

Do big bangs take place all the time?

Can a new universe be established in the laboratory?

Is it safe to create a new universe in your basement?

http://www.interactions.org/video/
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:01 am

*rubs hands together and takes off tea cosy cap*
Back to top Go down

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:08 am

How recent is this video ? (I'm watching the X-files) Do they mention that yoke in CERN at all ? Is it that up-to-date ? Are they on about the Joe Higgins bozo and Up, Down and Yes and No quarks ?
Back to top Go down

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:19 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
How recent is this video ? (I'm watching the X-files) Do they mention that yoke in CERN at all ? Is it that up-to-date ? Are they on about the Joe Higgins bozo and Up, Down and Yes and No quarks ?

The Hawkins talks are 2007 but I have only listened to the first two which I thought were crackers (in a good way). Why is gravity weak, Auditor #9? Why aren't we all squashed?

Parallel Universes Search_public

There is a two minute Cern video on the site.
Back to top Go down

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:26 am

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

The Hawkins talks are 2007 but I have only listened to the first two which I thought were crackers (in a good way). Why is gravity weak, Auditor #9? Why aren't we all squashed?

http://www.interactions.org/imagebank/search_public.php?accelerators=checked&offset=0&limit=5

There is a two minute Cern video on the site.
Why is gravity weak ? Depends on your theory of gravity I suppose.

Einstein's version is that gravity is NOT A FORCE but a warping in time and space. If you can't imagine this I'll give you this analogy I just dreamed up. Through a wood there is a massively curved path going from one side of the wood to the next. It happens to be the quickest path through the wood, why? because a straight line would mean going through swampy land which would slow you down. The moon follows a similar path around the earth and the earth follows a similar path (paths created by gravity) around the sun. Not a force, no attraction, just economy of energy through space and moreso, time. Space is curved and the time intervals are closer around a planet than far away so effectively it is the shortest distance.

What a heap of shite eh ? Laughing
Back to top Go down

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:33 am

Well I think that might explain why we're not squashed, but my head hurts thinking about it.
Gravity never really hacked it as a force I agree. But because it is so anomalous (sp?) it seems like the key to knowing a lot more than we have so far about how stuff works.

Perhaps we should have a competition for the best explanation.

cheers
Back to top Go down

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 3:00 am

Yeah I wanted to compile a list of theories of gravity once - maybe write a PhD on it or something albino

One theory explains it that everything is expanding at the rate of 9.8 m/s/s or something like that . What another crock Rolling Eyes

Newton assumes it is attraction between centers of objects with substantial mass - actually with any mass. Two bowling balls lying under the table will be attracted to each other and an experiment was done back in the 1700s to prove it too. Amazing fellas back then.

Then the Ether - Space is full of tiny little balls that all together in great concert act like a fluid so space and so on behaves like a fluid. Two geeks went looking for effects which should be produced if there were an ether but found feck all so OneBall had the bright idea of declaring "No ether"

Then OneBall with his warping of space and time.

After him everyone except Tesla gave up thinking about gravity in terms of anything other than space or time.

The great Quantum Mechanical picture of the world does not really take Gravity into account the way EinBall described it though - warped space and time has no validity when describing atoms, electron shells, quantum numbers and all that jazz. So in order to explain gravity in these terms, theoretical physicists have to cook up Superstrings, 28-dimensional space and all sorts of Twistors and Quarks and all exotic stuff, worse than what's in the treaty of lisbon.

I think the Ether research didn't get enough funding, personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Parallel Universes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parallel Universes   Parallel Universes Empty

Back to top Go down

Parallel Universes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Machine Nation :: Science, Technology, Engineering, Computers-
Jump to: