Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

New Forum Title?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:30 pm

I doubt this forum will be needed with the resurrection of P.ie.

Or it could be re-fashioned P.ie Gold, where us users reminisce about old threads and share nostalgic memories.

I don't think I'll leave this site now that it's up and running. It can be like a p.ie super-group. Whenever I'm wearied by the anti-gay, anti-immigrant, (boring)anti-Bertie stuff on P.ie, this place'll be a refuge of sanity.

Good work, Auditor #9 and EvotingMachine0197!
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:20 am

It's been 5hrs and no comments??? C'mon lad!*

*and you Kate P

I'm looking at you,

With binoculars.
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:38 am

I hadn't even noticed that it was here in the first place and now you want me to comment on it?

Not sure about the new title though... I'd be expecting Spandau Ballet to launch into an 80s power ballad introduced by a smoothvoiced, ageing dj.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLR9yyI9CHg

I know it's not 'Gold' - but you'd have to listen to it if I linked it, and frankly, you don't deserve its awfulness. This is suitably archive-y, maudlin...
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:29 pm

We could also use it to archive stuff which has fallen off the grid on p.ie, with the result that it's easier to find it to wave in the faces of people when they deny saying 'x' (à la 'the list' from Catalpa).
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:01 pm

It would feel like infanticide to do away with it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 2:24 pm

cactus flower wrote:
It would feel like infanticide to do away with it. Crying or Very sad
Which the whole site ? It's all our baby now, blastocysts and morulas, the lot and it's staying.

A-T and TheBear were referring to a forum I created called Politics R.I.P. while the site was still down. I had intended to accumulate favourite google cached pages there Embarassed

It has been converted into Politics.ie Gold now on A-Ts suggestion where you can archive all your favourite bits. Links to threads featuring that unholy firebrand Sidewinder was the first character I had intended to store there. But there are a few more besides and funny one-off threads too, one about Marx notably.

I'm sad but I don't care Razz
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 pm

I think you should have a section for national politics - perhaps this could be it?
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I think you should have a section for national politics - perhaps this could be it?

I think you have it , Z.E
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:27 pm

I think you're right. AT moved a discussion into business and finance last night that probably would have been happier in a national politics forum. No doubt one of the toolmasters will see to it soon -they're good at that. No hanging around with them...!
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Kate P wrote:
I think you're right. AT moved a discussion into business and finance last night that probably would have been happier in a national politics forum. No doubt one of the toolmasters will see to it soon -they're good at that. No hanging around with them...!
Now how did I miss a National Forum? I'll make one and then we can put political stuff in there so or perhaps Government political stuff... any other news can just be lumped into the Current News.

Something like that...
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Kate P wrote:

It was about the replacement for the position as MoF. That has an extraordinary impact on the passage of business, trade and finance in this country. It does indeed have a political dimension, but that is dwarfed by its economic implications. Cowen's choice for this all-important brief will have a fundamental impact on the future dynamism of the business and financial climate of this country.

In this context, it is my most emphatic belief that that thread belongs most comfortably in Business and Finance. EvotingMachine0197 also agreed with this position and moved the thread for me. A threadf about the MoF belongs in Business and Finance.
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:12 pm

Wouldn't argue with that, Ard-Taoiseach, we need to talk about this person in a Finance context. But we still need a forum for National Politics.

You didn't ever work for Finance, did you? They were always thought to believe themselves the real government, and all the other stuff just little people with no sense trying to spend their money. Question
Back to top Go down

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:15 pm

TheBear wrote:
We could also use it to archive stuff which has fallen off the grid on p.ie, with the result that it's easier to find it to wave in the faces of people when they deny saying 'x' (à la 'the list' from Catalpa).

What did Catalpa say? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Forum Title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Title?   New Forum Title? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Forum Title?
Page 1 of 1