Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:32 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Quote :
economics has made efforts to become more and more scientific

- without noticeable success.

*splutter" Excuse me! Economics has become more scientific with the extraordinary success of finally illustrating the elusive concept of a Giffen good in real-life circumstances. I quote from David Smith's excellent website;

"Harford cites research showing that laboratory rats make a rational choice between quinine water, which they don’t like, and root beer, which they do. If the quinine water is cheaper than the root beer – they are allowed more of it for every press of the lever in the cage (and they are permitted only a limited number of presses) – they drink more of it to quench their thirst. The rats, in fact, also prove one of the most elusive theories in economics, the idea of the Giffen good, named after the British statistician and economist Robert Giffen."

Link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Can't get that lin kto work. Is it an illuminati website?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:06 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:

Try this link: http://www.economicsuk.com/blog/

As to whether it is an Illuminati website, I don't know and I don't know how that's relevant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:26 pm

That didn't work either. I have found more from other sites. I thought a Giffen good was when you bought more of something that was getting dearer. The Quinine water was cheaper and the rats 'bought' more? How is that a Giffen effect/good?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:

As to whether it is an Illuminati website, I don't know and I don't know how that's relevant.

Presumably the Illuminati are crap at web development..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:06 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Presumably the Illuminati are crap at web development..
Golden Rules:
- always drink Burgundy
- never explain a joke
- never waste an erection
- never ever chance a fart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:45 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Quote :
economics has made efforts to become more and more scientific

- without noticeable success.

Super Crunchers by Ian Ayres
Critical Review

We are in a historic moment of horse-versus-locomotive competition,” Ayres writes, “where intuitive and experiential expertise is losing out time and time again to number crunching.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle   Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers Lisbon Treaty Heckle
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4