Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 2:01 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Nice job Audi.

Never heard of these 'People's Movement' characters. Their name sounds a bit biological. Shocked

Patricia McKenna et al...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 2:10 pm

There's one big billboard peeking coyly out from behind a tree near where I live. You can only see whiteness and "Lib..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 2:24 pm

cactus flower wrote:
There's one big billboard peeking coyly out from behind a tree near where I live. You can only see whiteness and "Lib..
No one pushed it around the tree or anything now did they oh no.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
No one pushed it around the tree or anything now did they oh no.

Trees are clearly in favour of a Yes vote then. I'll bear that in mind during my cogitations..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 pm

In answer to the ponderings about the letter o in Dublin place names, five places end with the letter o: Phibsboro, Pimlico, Portobello, Marino, and Rialto. Wrt places starting with o, I can only think of Orwell, near the Spawell in Templeogue, but I'm not sure if that counts as an area.

The FF posters suggesting "Vótáil Tá" really get up my nose. Apart from the tá/níl aspect of it, is 'vótáil' not the wrong part of the verb? It seems to be like the present participle (ag vótáíl), rather than the order (vótaigí, as a poster addresses more than one person). Is it just me? Is my Irish grammar worse than I thought?

Oh, and there are lots of FF posters around Dartry and Clonskeagh areas. The COIR ones bother me because the name of the group is so small on most of them, and most of the posters bug me due to the vague attempts at misrepresentation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:57 pm

The FF posters are the green ones that say 'Good for Europe, good for Ireland' no picture of the Taoiseach or anyone else on most of them. A few opportunistic councillors are doing personal ones from all parties. The reason the main FF poster is so generic is possibly because the print run was just before Bertie exited stage and noone was sure whose face needed to be on the posters during the campaign. The Labour ones could br forgiven for being mistaken as local election rather than Lisbon. In fairness they could have made a half effort rather than the invisible white writing although full marks to Gilmore for getting his candidates early exposure. But could they actually be trying to confuse the soft left if someone remembers the poster after but not which side they were on?!

Last edited by croppyboy on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add remark)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:33 pm

I discovered a couple in Portlaoise the other night - though Libertas, Sinn Féin and Ibec have love-bombed the town to such an extent that there was hardly any room left for FF.

I'll be in Tullamore tomorrow and will properly scour the area. In fairness, however, they could hardly be more scarce in this neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 pm

There are lots of FF posters on the N4 on the way from Lucan to Liffey Valley.

Also, people are complaining about councillors using Lisbon to raise their profile before next year's LE. Today, I saw one that was one better: a poster featuring someone who isn't even a councillor yet! Admittedly, his mother is a TD (Mary Upton), his father used to be a TD and Senator (Pat Upton), but still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:11 am

croppyboy wrote:
The FF posters are the green ones that say 'Good for Europe, good for Ireland' no picture of the Taoiseach or anyone else on most of them. A few opportunistic councillors are doing personal ones from all parties. The reason the main FF poster is so generic is possibly because the print run was just before Bertie exited stage and noone was sure whose face needed to be on the posters during the campaign. The Labour ones could br forgiven for being mistaken as local election rather than Lisbon. In fairness they could have made a half effort rather than the invisible white writing although full marks to Gilmore for getting his candidates early exposure. But could they actually be trying to confuse the soft left if someone remembers the poster after but not which side they were on?!

Thanks croppyboy. This is the sort of esoteric insider knowledge that makes the fora so worth while Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 7:31 pm

croppyboy wrote:

I really like the Fianna Fáil ones, and I think it is for the reason that there's a lack of personality on them. They focus on the issue at hand rather than engage in local boosterism. I feel that we have a very special privilege as being part of the solitary 1% of European citizens that can actually directly vote on this issue. In this sense, I wish parties would stop abusing this as an opportunity to advance a petty political advantage.

Strangely, I think Fianna Fáil has the high ground in this, well done FF!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 pm

The previous pictures are of Galway so I had a look around Ennis yesterday and here's what I found ...

Nada
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00620

Nothing
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00621

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00622

Nada
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00623

zzz
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00624

Aha!
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00629

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00630

Empty
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00625

Dooley with his GE posters from last year still there Rolling Eyes
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00631

Aha!
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00632

Some work
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00626

Feck all
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00627

Mosagee Bhamjee !!
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00640

Ahaa!
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00634

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00635

(how were they allowed to get away with that..)
The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00637

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00638

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Dsc00639

All in all not much of anything really around Ennis but plenty of other stuff. I was wondering if they have to take the posters down a week before the referendum or something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Ennis looks deilghtful. I must decamp there on my Summer Holidays. There's what looks like a No poster in the Sneaky No photo third from the bottom. It looks like a Sinn Féin poster.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ennis looks deilghtful. I must decamp there on my Summer Holidays. There's what looks like a No poster in the Sneaky No photo third from the bottom. It looks like a Sinn Féin poster.

I do believe you are correct Ard. Well spotted.

Audi, hilarious stuff. Good job. Laughing Laughing

Any pitchers of Michael Kerins bar opposite the courthouse ? I used to spend a lot of time in there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 5:55 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Any pitchers of Michael Kerins bar opposite the courthouse ? I used to spend a lot of time in there...
I think the one of the river has Kerins in it on the left. I'm sure I had a few pints in there at one time. Also Knox's bar is great for food during the day - lovely curry. mmm .

So where did all the posters go ? They must have been in Ennis before I decided to open my eyes and scan around for them ... Is the game up at this stage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Where indeed did the posters go? Very few posters in our town centre too - mainly around the by-pass on the outskirts. But today town was OVERRUN ( excuse capitals, but they are needed to express the bigness of it ) with dear old ladies in Peoples Movement NO! t-shirts. The only sign of Lisbon life on a lovely sunny day in the High Street.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Are capitals ok to indicate a link? I do it all the time. I make no apologies - it's the software here that doesn't allow you to see links from the background colour.

So all the posters are becoming lesser-spotted then?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster   The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lesser Spotted FF Yes to Lisbon Poster
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2