Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Imaginary worst date.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Imaginary worst date. Empty
PostSubject: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:07 am

Enda Kenny, to the Young Socalist's Banana and Line Dancing social.

Yours?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:09 am

Don't like Line Dancing, Cookie?

I learned from Colin Farrell. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:11 am

cactus flower wrote:
Don't like Line Dancing, Cookie?

I learned from Colin Farrell. bounce

I have the dancing skill of a pigeon. No, I don't like line dancing. Though I was brought line dancing in Donnybrook less than a year ago. I'd previously though it went out with the 90s. I was wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:23 am

Did they tread on your feet? It can be quite dangerous without steel capped boots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:28 am

cactus flower wrote:
Did they tread on your feet? It can be quite dangerous without steel capped boots.

The yummie mummies take it VERY seriously. I was half cut when I arrived and I fell over, once, and was stared out of it so I left and went back to the bar! Never again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:32 am

I loved line dancing - I'd still do a bit by myself if I heard Achy Breaky Heart on the radio. It's fantastic exercise and good fun. And I like to dance so I'm not fussy whether it's line dancing or the Siege of Ennis, a quickstep or the twist. Sorry Cookie...

I'd have to do a bit of thinking though to come up with my imaginary worst date. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:33 am

cookiemonster wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

The yummie mummies take it VERY seriously. I was half cut when I arrived and I fell over, once, and was stared out of it so I left and went back to the bar! Never again.

A lucky escape Cookie, you should come down country where we all fall over drunken bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:51 am

cookiemonster wrote:
I have the dancing skill of a pigeon.

I don't, sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:54 am

ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I don't, sadly.

I don't either, but I never let it get in the way. I'm going out dancing for the first time in a hundred years with some girlies tomorrow night and can hardly wait - sad old fogey that I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:58 am

Kate P wrote:
ibis wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I don't, sadly.

I don't either, but I never let it get in the way. I'm going out dancing for the first time in a hundred years with some girlies tomorrow night and can hardly wait - sad old fogey that I am.

You going to skank it up?

Imaginary worst date. Sexandthecity
Kate P and pals tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:01 am

Beverly Coupon Flynn.

Because I despise her.
And her father. And anyone that votes for her. Or the likes of her. And anyone who goes to her poxy parties or calls her on her poxy phone. I despise them all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:05 am

One of the comforts of marriage is that you don't have to date. Its optional. Its suprising how quickly the horrors of dating fade when it is not a focus of life.

Real worst dates exceed the possibilities of the imagination.

I suppose it was the one who clicked his fingers at the waiter. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:06 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Beverly Coupon Flynn.

Because I despise her.
And her father. And anyone that votes for her. Or the likes of her. And anyone who goes to her poxy parties or calls her on her poxy phone. I despise them all.

Uncanny...

Imaginary worst date. BeverleycooperflynnBH Imaginary worst date. Cat_fruit_hat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:08 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:46 am

Jaze Cookie, where do you find them.

I'd prefer the melon helmeted cat, btw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 3:33 am

What in the name of all and good and holy are yis on about here?

Worst date imaginable?

6 june 666 Ad - would strike as a pretty dangerous date to have done anything serious on.

OK OK OK - yis are talking about dating - ie human ritual mating behaviour - all right - Im with yis now!

Well as a relatively new entrant to the field - Yeah I was "dumped" for the first time in my life 2 and 1/2 years ago - according to the "dumper" I wasn't mature enough for a continuing relationship with herself because I hesitated at getting engaged 14 weeks into the relationship - Yeah go Figure as the Yanks say - So I actually took some time out from the whole circus - when I think about it - its gas - I was the one in serious relationships the whole way thru my twenties and into my 30's ( Point of information - Im 35 at the mo - Capricorn!) - while all my mates were out playing the field before falling and getting married to the first woman who actually slept with them and had a coherent conversation with them the next morning - I am not taking the piss here !!! - I have been to more weddings in the last 5 years where the gestation period for the marriaige has been roughtly 6-9 months and the kiddies have followed pronto with 10 months of the wedding - I dunno - Fuck me - then again 3 of them were applying for divorce within 2 years of the wedding.

So moving along swiftly - the dating game in Ireland is a bit bizarre to be honest with yis - I could write a book on some the mad dates I have been on, on and off over the last 2 years. I do think that it is rough being single in Ireland ( not really commenting in anyway on my own situation which has been pretty much self imposed) - there is no dating culture for anybody over 28 here at this moment in time ,compared to Europe and the US primarily - here things go from a very groupy culture in your late teens and early twenties to a total couples scene beyond 25 or so - If you are single single ( ie not married,divorced or seperated or in a serious relationship ) people do look at ya kind of odd and wonder what baggage you are bringing - just an observation.

Also if you do go on any of the Blind dates and speed dating - which is a bit of craic - but the wimmin take it way too fecking seriously - I have been to a couple of the speed dating gigs and have a had a few good dates out of it and picked up two seriously good mixed tennis partners - Irish women have this awful habit of trying to assess if you are marriage material within 5 minutes of meeting ya - its a bit much ladies - or maybe its me who has the commitment issues!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 3:50 am

On the 6-9 months gestation period I think I remember reading there is a physiological basis for that. There is an initial hormonal conflagration, after which things settle down. I imagine the evolutionary benefit of the conflagration is to get people sufficiently bonded to reproduce and take interest in the offspring in their most vulnerable months and years.

I have been with my husband for much longer than that, and lucky for us, a decent amount of distance and independence has allowed us to meet again, so to speak, every few years. Otherwise I think one would have to deal with settling in to pleasant companionship.

Dating can be tough alright and often is the triumph of hope over expectation. It is quite funny if you think about it that men and women have such different feelings about dates and still we manage to have them together. Razz I love you

Last edited by cactus flower on Sat May 17, 2008 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 4:02 am

cactus flower wrote:
On the 6-9 months gestation period I think I remember reading there is a physiological basis for that. There is an initial hormonal conflagration, after which things settle down. I imaging the evolutionary benefit of the conflagration is to get people sufficiently bonded to reproduce and take interest in the offspring in their most vulnerable months and years.

I have been with my husband for much longer than that, and lucky for us, a decent amount of distance and independence has allowed us to meet again, so to speak, every few years. Otherwise I think one would have to deal with settling in to pleasant companionship.

Dating can be tough alright and often is the triumph of hope over expectation. It is quite funny if you think about it that men and women have such different feelings about dates and still we manage to have them together. Razz I love you

Too Too True CF!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Very accurate observations there Edo about our age group - there is no dating culture for those in their mid thirties and when you're not hitched by then then people regard you funnily alright. I'm used to this though having spent 7 years in the past as a vegetarian. But you don't sound like you want to get hitched at all which is how it normally feels for me, unfortunately for my genes. I don't think I could share the responsibility of babies and have run away from a relationship or two in the past .. I'll have to book in for a donation some day instead...

Is it off topic to drag up the term f**k buddyism? That's the way to go for a big portion of future mankind between the sheets in my honest opinion - sex and fun without the population or committment. Lately I'm thinking I could settle down now with a girl I met over 15 years ago (as I like to take off now and then it would be 'settling up' though.) That's how long it takes for it to sink in for some of us.

cactus how does this work in the relationship from a distance thing? do you meet the person enough to constantly renew your relationship or something? that interests me too though I do like company over long periods too and as I'm getting on a bit more each day I wonder if I'm ever going to dissemminate myself at all and it gets a bit worrying... I think the thoughts of the hassle of a long term committment with children in it are slightly outweighed by the footlooseness and fancyfreedom of batchelorhoodism ... As long as too many people don't feel this way then the human race is ok and no one can make us breed... Strangely I've met a few girls with this kind of outlook too ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 1:28 pm

There are an awful lot of people in work around 26 who are married/getting married, in a serious long term relationship and are living/own a house together. This freaks me out BIG TIME.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:38 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
There are an awful lot of people in work around 26 who are married/getting married, in a serious long term relationship and are living/own a house together. This freaks me out BIG TIME.
You think that's bad? I'm twenty one, the same age or thereabouts as Charlotte Church and Avril Lavigne. Was watching them on telly a while ago; one's married and the other's pregnant. My mother was married at my age and one of my cousins had a kid at my age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:50 pm

905 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
You think that's bad? I'm twenty one, the same age or thereabouts as Charlotte Church and Avril Lavigne. Was watching them on telly a while ago; one's married and the other's pregnant. My mother was married at my age and one of my cousins had a kid at my age.

Ah but Church and Lavigne are celebrity trash (attractive trash in the latter case) and yer Ma is old, they did that kind of thing back then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:56 pm

How dare you, Church is much better looking than that other yoke. My mother got married in 1980, that's not too long ago. And she's not 'yer Ma' to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Very accurate observations there Edo about our age group - there is no dating culture for those in their mid thirties and when you're not hitched by then then people regard you funnily alright. I'm used to this though having spent 7 years in the past as a vegetarian. But you don't sound like you want to get hitched at all which is how it normally feels for me, unfortunately for my genes. I don't think I could share the responsibility of babies and have run away from a relationship or two in the past .. I'll have to book in for a donation some day instead...

Is it off topic to drag up the term f**k buddyism? That's the way to go for a big portion of future mankind between the sheets in my honest opinion - sex and fun without the population or committment. Lately I'm thinking I could settle down now with a girl I met over 15 years ago (as I like to take off now and then it would be 'settling up' though.) That's how long it takes for it to sink in for some of us.

cactus how does this work in the relationship from a distance thing? do you meet the person enough to constantly renew your relationship or something? that interests me too though I do like company over long periods too and as I'm getting on a bit more each day I wonder if I'm ever going to dissemminate myself at all and it gets a bit worrying... I think the thoughts of the hassle of a long term committment with children in it are slightly outweighed by the footlooseness and fancyfreedom of batchelorhoodism ... As long as too many people don't feel this way then the human race is ok and no one can make us breed... Strangely I've met a few girls with this kind of outlook too ...

We both travel and we both work quite intensely and that gives us a bit of a break from being together all the time, then now and then we have just had stretches of remoteness, not unfriendly but a bit distant and then out of the blue 'click' again. I think we've learned to give each other a bit of space.

People make long term relationships for a lot of different reasons, I suppose that's why they happen in spite of all the obvious difficulties. There is a lot of attraction to people just in the companionship and conformity, and not dying on your own and being eaten by the alsatian (or the cats). I would guess the crazy hormonal stuff and being young and senseless really helps when your having children. I've seen older guys for whom its very difficult to cope with having babies - I think it might be to do with the stage of career they are at in their thirties and forties: their minds are just in another place. If a guy is more laid back and more home oriented then it must be easier.
It sounds like guys get to hear the sound of the biological clock ticking as well as women.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. EmptySat May 17, 2008 3:13 pm

905 wrote:
And she's not 'yer Ma' to you.

There is a joke in there, but it would take a less classy man than I to make it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary worst date.   Imaginary worst date. Empty

Back to top Go down

Imaginary worst date.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next