Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:07 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:
I think you could gere that one up. It's not sensational enough.

Perhaps if I vary my cadence, the alarm of the situation will become apparent?

Once again, just notch it up a gere.

(Is no one getting this?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:11 am

Ronald Binge wrote:

I think the next one up is going to be "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS VOTE NO"

We should all contribute money and have a few of those made up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:12 am

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

Yes. But you're obsessed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:17 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:

I would love to see Jesus posters calling for a No vote around town.
Say the word and I'll donate something. Only for posters though - I'm not financing your social lives.
I should just say that I'm as yet undecided on how to vote but no poster is going to convince me to vote either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:19 am

My daughter was in Chile with her granny last Christmas and she sent me home a little clockwork wind-up Jesus on wheels: it said on the packet "He's Wheelie Wheelie Good".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:21 am

AfricanDave wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:

Say the word and I'll donate something. Only for posters though - I'm not financing your social lives.
I should just say that I'm as yet undecided on how to vote but no poster is going to convince me to vote either way.

Will I'm a no voter but I think Jesus says NO posters would be worth it for the laugh. I'm not too hot about the crazy or extreme posters (some of which, I have heard, are being put up by the yes side in an atempt to discredit the no side. Though I'm not sure I believe it) are a bit much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:29 am

cookiemonster wrote:
AfricanDave wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:

Will I'm a no voter but I think Jesus says NO posters would be worth it for the laugh. I'm not too hot about the crazy or extreme posters (some of which, I have heard, are being put up by the yes side in an atempt to discredit the no side. Though I'm not sure I believe it) are a bit much.

I could believe that the Yes side would go to such lengths, but I haven't seen any posters yet that I would consider extreme enough to think that they had been put up in an effort to discredit the no side.
The most looney posters I've seen so far are the ones with the top of the 1916 Proclamation with the caption 'People died for your freedom - Vote No' (There was a piece in the Independent today showing some guy putting one of these posters up on the back of a FG poster and then turning poor Enda around to face the wrong way - I thought it was quite funny).

There have been conspiracy theories about Libertas, saying that because they seem to be making some foolish mistakes that they must be financed by the Yes side in an effort to drive people into their camp.
I wouldn't believe it myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:54 am

cookiemonster wrote:

I'm not too hot about the crazy or extreme posters (some of which, I have heard, are being put up by the yes side in an atempt to discredit the no side. Though I'm not sure I believe it)

I've heard that the the No side are claiming that the Yes side are putting up crazy No posters to discredit the No side to discredit the Yes side.

I've also heard that the Yes side are putting up crazy Yes posters (Yes voters do it better) and claiming that these have been put up by the No side in order to discredit the Yes side to discredit the No side.

Meanwhile, the woman who lives next door to me is voting No because Brendan O'Connor was mean to Deirdre Archibald on You're a Star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:56 am

seinfeld wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I'm not too hot about the crazy or extreme posters (some of which, I have heard, are being put up by the yes side in an atempt to discredit the no side. Though I'm not sure I believe it)

I've heard that the the No side are claiming that the Yes side are putting up crazy No posters to discredit the No side to discredit the Yes side.

I've also heard that the Yes side are putting up crazy Yes posters (Yes voters do it better) and claiming that these have been put up by the No side in order to discredit the Yes side to discredit the No side.

Meanwhile, the woman who lives next door to me is voting No because Brendan O'Connor was mean to Deirdre Archibald on You're a Star.

I'm voting no because my hamster died on Sunday evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:58 am

unaligned wrote:
seinfeld wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Bureaucrats?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:59 am

unaligned wrote:
seinfeld wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I didn't realise we were neighbours, Seinfeld. Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:03 am

seinfeld wrote:
unaligned wrote:
seinfeld wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

Bureaucrats?

No, the neutrality issue. It was causing her no end of stress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:10 am

Very Happy

Brilliant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:17 am

unaligned wrote:
seinfeld wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

At and I may have some theories as to how.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:17 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

Yes. But you're obsessed.

It's endless amount of fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:24 am

cactus flower wrote:
My daughter was in Chile with her granny last Christmas and she sent me home a little clockwork wind-up Jesus on wheels: it said on the packet "He's Wheelie Wheelie Good".

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice, cactus, very nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:25 am

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:31 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Ronald Binge wrote:
WorldbyStorm wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Huh, I was wandering through town and I saw the monkey one, I was standing at the bottom of the pole looking to see if I could spot who paid for it but couldn't see.

I do love the "PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM VOTE NO". poster because you're not quite sure if it's Padraig Pearse or Jesus it's talking about.

Even as a no voter I can freely admit there are some crazy people on the no side.

That said I'd rather have passionate crazys than boring mindless Yes side people. The yes side have the worst more boring and pointless slogans EVER.

The monkey one is either brilliantly clever, or it's not! There's just no inbetween on that one. It kills me to say it, but I kind of like it.

JOSÉ MANUEL BARROSSO ATE MY HAMSTER: VOTE NOOOO!!!

Apologies Ard-T I hadn't seen your initial post. Your hamster suffered a far less dignified death than mine. Typical behaviour from the yes side if you don't mind me saying.

My hamster seemed to have suffered some kind of inexplicable internal implosion (she was more or less flat when I found her) which I found rather odd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:02 am

unaligned wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
JOSÉ MANUEL BARROSSO ATE MY HAMSTER: VOTE NOOOO!!!

Apologies Ard-T I hadn't seen your initial post. Your hamster suffered a far less dignified death than mine. Typical behaviour from the yes side if you don't mind me saying.

My hamster seemed to have suffered some kind of inexplicable internal implosion (she was more or less flat when I found her) which I found rather odd.

Probably internal harmonisation. Check under her tail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:51 am

Ronald Binge wrote:
WorldbyStorm wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Huh, I was wandering through town and I saw the monkey one, I was standing at the bottom of the pole looking to see if I could spot who paid for it but couldn't see.

I do love the "PEOPLE DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM VOTE NO". poster because you're not quite sure if it's Padraig Pearse or Jesus it's talking about.

Even as a no voter I can freely admit there are some crazy people on the no side.

That said I'd rather have passionate crazys than boring mindless Yes side people. The yes side have the worst more boring and pointless slogans EVER.

The monkey one is either brilliantly clever, or it's not! There's just no inbetween on that one. It kills me to say it, but I kind of like it.

Which sins, Youth Defence? Which sins....?!?!???!! Tell me!!!!

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 12:17 pm

I like the "It'll Cost You - more taxes, less power" ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 12:53 am

ibis wrote:
I like the "It'll Cost You - more taxes, less power" ones.

They're not bad...the line 'It'll Cost You', is pretty sharp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 12:55 am

Is this the first referendum in which there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 12:57 am

There is a pot of gold this time all right cactus flower - but it has the letters EDA on it.... clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2008 1:19 am

Helium Three wrote:
There is a pot of gold this time all right cactus flower - but it has the letters EDA on it.... clown

Hey Helium - where does this obssession with all things with the word "defence" in them spring from?

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy   No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No posters - from the makers of Hello Divorce, Bye Daddy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next