Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

This is war and sides must be taken.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

This is war and sides must be taken. Empty
PostSubject: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Folks I don't want to split our little community down the middle but do Barbie's parents have a case here or is it down to who has the longer finger nails...???

Lawyer Barbie takes rival Bratz to courtDollmaker Mattel sues MGA, claiming it owns the copyright of rival's designs

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/05/usa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyMon May 05, 2008 4:20 pm

It is just another sign that Barbie is s*****d.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyTue May 06, 2008 12:19 am

I was always a Sindy fan. She wasn't blonde.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Kate P wrote:
I was always a Sindy fan. She wasn't blonde.

I'd comletely forgot about her! Shocked

IIRC my kid sister used to have one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyTue May 06, 2008 11:56 pm

I'm going to be the Swiss and take both sides money back to my Cave Kingdom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:21 am

I'd certainly stand up for Barbie against Bratz. She is much more of a lady. However, I am no fan of Barbie - it was her mate Ken that really put me off. I would love to see GI-JOE kick that permatan eijit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:45 am

johnfás wrote:
I'd certainly stand up for Barbie against Bratz. She is much more of a lady. However, I am no fan of Barbie - it was her mate Ken that really put me off. I would love to see GI-JOE kick that permatan eijit.

Stick with the Bratz - their not so fussy! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:47 am

Fight, fight, fight!

...with all the weapons we have here on display in our show-room.

Prices start at CHF 1 million!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyFri May 09, 2008 5:14 pm

cactus flower wrote:

Cactus,

I can't work out what naughty word that is. Give me a clue, I must know the naughty word!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:06 pm

slartibuckfast wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Cactus,

I can't work out what naughty word that is. Give me a clue, I must know the naughty word!

I have a CF-Translator Matrix 2000. It is keenly priced at CHF 200,000. Reserve your device now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:08 pm

slartibuckfast wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Cactus,

I can think of at least three very naughty possibilities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:15 pm

affraid I've just thought of a second! Neither make much sense though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Well I can think of one but it doesn't fit in with the stars. Is it really a 7 letter word? I must know all the bold words before I die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:59 pm

Oh aye, just thought of another naughty word but it don't make much sense, not in the way it is usually intended anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:15 am

The context Slarti is that Barbie after a long reign as most popular doll has for some time now has been overtaken in popularity by the dreaded Bratz.

Quote :
History and More Information about Bratz Dolls: Bratz has overtaken Barbie in many parts of the world as the number one selling fashion doll. The dolls have a whole world available to them--besides the dolls, there are playsets, outfits, fashions for girls, even dvds and video games and a theatrical movie release slated for 2006. The dolls have even won several toy industry awards including Character Brand License of the Year from Licensing Industry Merchandisers Association (LIMA), as well as several Toy of the Year and other awards from Family Fun and the Toy Industry Association (TIA). Bratz are available in nearly 70 countries worldwide.
There are several characters of dolls, including Cloe, Sasha, Jade and Yasmin, and the dolls are multi-ethnic. They have combable, rooted hair for play value. The dolls have very over-sized heads which help them resemble some of the big-head, big-eye dolls of the 1960s such as Blythe. The dolls are also known for having fun, detailed accessories and play sets which reflect their "cool" (and somewhat materialistic) lifestyle--discos, karaoke and sushi bars, salons and spas, limosines, retro cafes, malls are all available
A convenient feature of Bratz is that if you want to change their Jimmy Choos you unscrew their feet and replace them with another pair with new shoes on.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Barbie accessories and other stuff like cars and horses etc. are of lower quality construction thatn the Bratz equivalents
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 2:15 pm

The Bratz faces look very weird - doesn't it make children think in a lateral way about what is involved in 'good looks' or what? Next dolls will have gapped teeth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is war and sides must be taken.   This is war and sides must be taken. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is war and sides must be taken.
Page 1 of 1