Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Street Pyjamas

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Street Pyjamas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Pyjamas   Street Pyjamas - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 4:28 pm

905 wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Pyjamas may have had some relevance in the days before central heating, duvets, electric blankets... hot water bottles even!
I still wear them, but to mantain (salvage) my manly aspect I call them 'pie-jarmers' in the manner of a Yorkshire farmer. I could plug in the electric blanket, or I could put on pie-jarmers. I could wait for the kettle to boil for my bottle, but I just slip on my pie-jarmers. It's quicker and wastes less energy.

905 sticks it to the Green Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Pyjamas   Street Pyjamas - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:29 pm

There are even greener ways you know, cotton has a big environmental footprint Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Pyjamas   Street Pyjamas - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Hemp then is it, Kate? My girlfriend's mother is a great crafty lady. She bought an enormous amount of hemp there a while back. I think I worried her when elaborated to her the other uses for hemp...

Personally I wear pyjamas made of grass cuttings and twigs, held together with a muddy like substance, all of which is harvested from our garden. They're very soft and warm - thoroughly recommended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Pyjamas   Street Pyjamas - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:38 pm

johnfás wrote:
Hemp then is it, Kate? My girlfriend's mother is a great crafty lady. She bought an enormous amount of hemp there a while back. I think I worried her when elaborated to her the other uses for hemp...

...I'd be worried too if someone suggested making carpets. I'd be wondering if they were dropping hints about about a few nice rugs for their bottom drawer.

But I wasn't thinking of hemp either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Pyjamas   Street Pyjamas - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Any takers?
Street Pyjamas - Page 2 Green-man-full2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street Pyjamas   Street Pyjamas - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:01 pm

johnfás wrote:
Any takers?
Street Pyjamas - Page 2 Green-man-full2

Is that John Gormley?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street Pyjamas   Street Pyjamas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Street Pyjamas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2