Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Dr Albert Hofmann RIP

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dr Albert Hofmann RIP Empty
PostSubject: Dr Albert Hofmann RIP   Dr Albert Hofmann RIP EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:21 pm

The good Doctor has departed this World on the Ultimate Trip... Cool

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/apr/30/chemistry.drugs

Born on January 11 1906, Hofmann discovered LSD - lysergic acid diethylamide, which later became the favoured drug of the 1960s counterculture - when a tiny quantity leaked on to his hand during a laboratory experiment in 1943.

He noted a "remarkable restlessness, combined with slight dizziness" that made him stop his work. "At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxication-like condition, characterised by an extremely stimulated imagination," Hofmann wrote in his book LSD: My Problem Child.

"In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight too unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colours. After some two hours this condition faded away."

A few days later, Hofmann intentionally took a dose of LSD and experienced the world's first "bad trip".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Albert Hofmann RIP   Dr Albert Hofmann RIP EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:26 pm

R.I.P. Albie.

Dr Albert Hofmann RIP PsychodelicBear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Albert Hofmann RIP   Dr Albert Hofmann RIP EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Chef of the Century

I loved the story he told of cycling back from work and how a good glass of milk sorted him after a journey around the universe.

He be in the sky with Ja.

I measc na nDéithe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Albert Hofmann RIP   Dr Albert Hofmann RIP EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:27 pm

cactus flower wrote:
R.I.P. Albie.

Dr Albert Hofmann RIP PsychodelicBear
That's it alright Cool
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Dr Albert Hofmann RIP   Dr Albert Hofmann RIP EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:36 pm

So...eh... he lived to be 102...after 65 years of popping tabs ?

There is empirical data in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Albert Hofmann RIP   Dr Albert Hofmann RIP Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Albert Hofmann RIP
Page 1 of 1