Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live Empty
PostSubject: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Johnfas has embedded coverage of president Hillery's funeral below. Have a try. Works for me anyway.

johnfás wrote:

Launch in external player

it stopped there - i'll just include johnfas entire post
johnfás wrote:

classid='CLSID:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95'
codebase='http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701'
standby='Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...' type='application/x-oleobject'>

pluginspage='http://microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/en/download/'
id='mediaPlayer' name='mediaPlayer' displaysize='4' autosize='-1'
bgcolor='darkblue' showcontrols="true" showtracker='-1'
showdisplay='0' showstatusbar='-1' videoborder3d='-1' width="320" height="285"
src="http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/ngb/rte1-450.asx" autostart="true" designtimesp='5311' loop="true">

Launch in external player

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:05 pm

Woo, this should be good, break out the popcorn! Honestly, am I the only one that finds these things a little creepy? He probably meant a lot more to most posters here than he does to me (I can't remember the pre-Robinson days), but as a rule I only attend funerals when I actually knew the person. I doubt I'llbe watching either of the Mary's funerals, whenever they decide to grace God with their presence. Patriotic fervour is not a good enough excuse for watching these things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Thanks for setting it up, Johnfas, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Is it working? Which link above top or bottom? Bertie is now reading from the Phillipines.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Is it working? Which link above top or bottom? Bertie is now reading from the Phillipines.

Click either, they go to the same place. I generated HTML to embed Media Player so you could watch it within the thread. It didn't seem to work but the external link did.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Anyone know what time the funeral gets to Howth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

Is he in hiding?

I find the whole thing very sad. Indeed, I can't go to any funeral without getting a tear in my eye, especially when I see other people crying. I have a distant connection with the man, in that he was my mother's family doctor when she was younger, and that we went to see his sister, also a doctor but now deceased, when we were ill one time.

He appeared to me to be a nice jovial fellow. The more I read about his politics, the more admiration I have for the man. His speech on 'You can have blaney but you can't have fianna fáil', is positively spine-tingling. His attitude towards equality rights for women, was commendable for the time, and his neutral position when he was urged to refuse the desolution for the dáil, was admirable beyond question. A great man has gone to his eternal reward, and despite his soft-spokenness, and his ability to fade into the background, he will be a shining light to most historians desperately looking for great politicans from the period.

Ar láimh dheis Dé, go raibh a anam uasal oirearc.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 8:01 pm

I went down to see it at Sutton Cross. Good few people out. Gentle round of applause as the hearse passed. Worth seeing, not sure why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live   Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live Empty

Back to top Go down

Paddy Hillerys Funeral Live
Page 1 of 1