Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) Empty
PostSubject: What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)   What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:25 am

I have an old one which is falling apart plus I need a portable generator to keep the power in it as the batteries get sucked dry in a few hours. It's 5 MP though - but it's dying now so time for a new one. I can't deny I haven't looked in the Which? magazines or anywhere else for info - I just don't have a notion about cameras and what they can do...

What I liked about my camera (it's so old, I'm serious)
-My old brick used to take pretty good photos particularly if the sun was behind you or indeed out at all so the quality is important though i doubt there is any serious picture difference between cameras with similar MP ranges.
-It had a usb connection too which was good but not unusual
-There was a screen in it
-It was big and important-looking and made good noises. In an art gallery once, a lady asked me if I was 'media' possibly because the camera was so big but I could see her image of me being media dropping rapidly away from her face when I approached her for some sellotape for my camera because the batteries were falling out the bottom.

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)   What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:33 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
I have an old one which is falling apart plus I need a portable generator to keep the power in it as the batteries get sucked dry in a few hours. It's 5 MP though - but it's dying now so time for a new one. I can't deny I haven't looked in the Which? magazines or anywhere else for info - I usually rely on the low-tech approach of asking people for info. So if you could, what do you like about yours? And why should I buy it etc..

(you can post pics here using the button which looks like a green monitor too just paste the address into the box it opens)

I like my Pentax ME super as it is a semi-automatic single reflex lens camera that will also operate completely battery free. It is a little darling. Like a Star @ heaven

I use digital for work though - have one cheap and very robust and one fancier: they are wonderful if you need to take a lot of pictures. They are much cheaper up North - I bought them by going to Belfast from Dublin on the steam train - nice day out.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)   What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:43 am

Audi, don't put regular batteries in a digital camera. If you use it regularly, get one of those little batter+charger units in Power City or somewhere. And make sure the batteries are NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride)

NiMH is a very high capacity re-chargeable battery chemistry, and has a very good life span.

You can buy the NiMH recharge pack in most places, including Dunnes for 20 quid approx. You'll spend 4 times this on Duracell.

Look closely at the battery specification. A good AA size should have a capacity of 1300mAH minimum. There are 1100mAH and 800 mAH knocking around still, but I wouldn't touch them.

The feckers in the shops will sell you the old shite first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)   What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 1:59 am

I've an Olympus u740 all weather that produces super pics (newspaper quality). There is nothing it can't do.

I have a little doohickey adapter that allows me to plug the card straight into the laptop - so no software needed.

It takes great little videos too.

The battery lasts forever and is rechargable on another doohickey in no time.

I think I bought it in Conn's cameras which is behind BT in town - the staff are excellent and all know their stuff and they are happy to help aftwards too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)   What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:04 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Audi, don't put regular batteries in a digital camera...

Look closely at the battery specification. A good AA size should have a capacity of 1300mAH minimum. There are 1100mAH and 800 mAH knocking around still, but I wouldn't touch them.

The feckers in the shops will sell you the old shite first.
I have 2500mAH batteries but I don't know if they are made of the stuff you say. Fully recharged they die overnight in the camera - it's time to recycle it forever now ... (lads ye've awful important cameras there... Shocked O god they're real feckin journos alright... )
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)   What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 2:22 am

2500mAH Shocked

Maybe stop sitting on it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)   What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one) Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you like about your digital camera? (if you have one)
Page 1 of 1