Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Violent Girls

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Have a look at this video here - most disturbing.

Do people have any opinion on the seemingly increasing violence amongst young girls?
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:46 pm

I suspect those girls (and two boys) are the exception to the rule. I don't know if this problem is increasing. I suspect, in my conservative heart of hearts, that youtube and the like just make the problem more visible, rather than it being more common.

This video was allegedly made for Youtube though, which seems to me a very silly thing to do ('Evidence of assault, you honour? I'll look it up!').
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:49 pm

It seems alot of people are putting/trying to put up incriminating videos of themselves doing stupid and illegal things onto YouTube. Examples include Happy Slapping and lying down under trains.

When I go out, which isn't that often at the moment, I see way more girls getting into fights than I see guys and beyond that I would say their frequency is increasing. But that is purely my own experience.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:51 pm

johnfás wrote
Quote :
Do people have any opinion on the seemingly increasing violence amongst young girls?

They're angry.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm very tempted to say "one video does not a trend make". Do you have any statistics?

Those statistics I have seen (the Gardai do not include sex of perpetrator in their stats) suggest that if you wanted to take a punt on the age of those girls, you'd be looking at about 15-16.

Violent Girls 442

Age breakdown of criminal activity, UK, 2000.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:55 pm

I had to get a steri strips once because some girl thought I was someone else and decided to use her nail on my face! Crying or Very sad

She was very sorry when she realised I wasn't who she thought I was... but still!
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Most Gardaí would tell you that there's an increase in assaults carried out by girls. I've come across two separate incidents lately where male Gardaí were assaulted by girls.

I think the reasons for the increase in violence perpetrated by girls now are not much different to those given for the increase among boys not so long ago. There's a proportion of them who are disaffected and angry and haven't learned a socially acceptable way of dealing with it.

Add in drink and/or drugs and repressed rage (and women have probably been repressing rage for centuries without a safety valve) and you get what was seen on the video.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Quote :

Increasing numbers of violent women are stretching police resources, a police association has warned.
About 240 women a day are arrested for violent crime in England and Wales, according to recent figures.
Police in Scotland and Northern Ireland say, anecdotally, they have also seen an increase in female violence.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7550755.stm
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:51 pm

I was recently talking to a Garda Inspector about this and he says it's a major problem and very difficult to deal with because the victims - very often female, are very reluctant to speak out.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Kate P wrote:
Add in drink and/or drugs and repressed rage (and women have probably been repressing rage for centuries without a safety valve) and you get what was seen on the video.

So what you're saying is, it's not the woman's fault she's a drunken, violent lout it's because her great-great granny was repressed by a male chauvinist pig.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:21 am

I saw to posh girls having a kind of cat fight outside the Burlington a while back, it was mildly erotic.

Moments later they were both back in the bar, makeup reapplied, trying to get into my pants.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:35 am

'Posh' southside girls are terrible for cat fights, you see them out all the time.
Back to top Go down

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:37 am

johnfás wrote:
'Posh' southside girls are terrible for cat fights, you see them out all the time.

I do.

*sleasy grin*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Violent Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Girls   Violent Girls Empty

Back to top Go down

Violent Girls
Page 1 of 1