Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought   Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:07 pm

I've seen a number of defendants have psychiatric assessments remanded to the cmh from prison.

Last edited by Kate P on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought   Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:08 pm

johnfás wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
I would imagine that few people locked up in the Joy would be in the best mental state. Women apparently find incarceration extremely difficult to cope with.

The people incarcerated in the Dóchas Centre are not incarcerated in the conventional prison sense of the word as they are in the Men's prison. In the Men's prison they are kept in a cell for 18 hours of the day with a bucket to deficate in which they must then share a cell with throughout their evening meal and their night's sleep. In the Dóchas centre they are detained in their rooms for a far lesser period each day and every room is en suite and includes cable television. Television seemingly lowers the risk of a defendant attempting suicide. No such luck in the men's prison I am afraid. The difference between each both in terms of the mode of incarceration and the facilities afforded are stark.

I'm in agreement here and am very thankful that it was the Dóchas centre that Maura was sent to.
Back to top Go down

Maura Harrington (Shell to Sea) Jailed - Psychiatric Assessment Sought
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2