Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Valentine's Day

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Valentine's Day - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Right, I gave in and bought a dozen roses, which she'll get tonight because I won't see her tomorrow 'cos she is off to sea.

Valentine's Day - Page 4 Homeimage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 4:40 pm

I don't like the look of that swimming pool water at all.

Travellers swim their horses in the river here beside us, and a guy up the road has a swimming pool for his race horses shaped like a doughnut-horse swims around in circles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 5:20 pm

There is such a thing as hydrotherapy for horses. Once knew one called Angelino it loved water and splashing. A real show off, a spirit that went like the wind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:33 am

Happy Valentine's Day MN posters -

Valentine's Day - Page 4 Valentine[center]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Beautiful roses, Auditor#9.

Lucky me, a lovely Valentine's day this year at home, with lots of mutual appreciation.

Its a great day though for feeling morose and unwanted, if alone or with a grouchy partner,
a little red spotlight shone on one's personal insecurities and fears. Really one might as well just wallow in it: a box of chocolates and a weepy movie, and a few yellowing love letters to shred should do the trick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 6:44 pm

It is unfortunate that the day is so in people's face that it causes some to feel that way. That said, I have seen very little about Valentines Day in the media this year but perhaps that is down to my not watching much television and not being in many shops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 9:01 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Beautiful roses, Auditor#9.

Lucky me, a lovely Valentine's day this year at home, with lots of mutual appreciation.

Its a great day though for feeling morose and unwanted, if alone or with a grouchy partner,
a little red spotlight shone on one's personal insecurities and fears. Really one might as well just wallow in it: a box of chocolates and a weepy movie, and a few yellowing love letters to shred should do the trick.

I spent an hour on the phone this morning to my oldest schoolfriend - and it got me thinking of all the Valentine's days we agonised over as teenagers. She gave each of her little boys a Valentine's card because, as she said herself, she is the one who loves them most. It's a cute gesture.

We'll be spending this evening at her house, with them not talking to each other about their kids and us not talking to each other about the farm, having a take-away and a rather grand evening. She and I can reminisce about old loves and new and he and he can talk about machinery which is the way it should be and we'll all be happy eating carbs and drinking wine.

I also got a lovely Valentine's text from my closest friend and it's a good feeling to know I'm loved. If today is anything it's about remembering the people we love most, however we love them and whoever they are.

Thanks for the roses, Audi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Day   Valentine's Day - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Day
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: