Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Cowen's twelve hours

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Cowen's twelve hours - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cowen's twelve hours   Cowen's twelve hours - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:49 pm

June 5th sunny

Anyone here going to stand ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen's twelve hours   Cowen's twelve hours - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:24 pm

tonys wrote:
rockyracoon wrote:
Well, the original 12 hours have passed and FF is rising from the ashes pheonix-like if we care to listen to the usual cheerleaders. Anyone care to mention the first green shoots of economic recovery? And the speeches! As Marvin the robot would say: it's all sooo depressing. . . I suppose I can go out now a take out a loan to do my patriotic duty and stimulate the local economy by paying highest prices possible for good and service. Normal service is resumed.
FFS this situation is way past party politics, get over yourselves.
There is a job to do now for the sake of everyone in the country and everyone who can, should just get on with doing it. When it’s all over we can have a spleen venting & moaning convention with a conspiracy workshop on the side.
If you can’t wait that long you always have the European & local elections in June where you can trounce FF, who gives a fuck.

This is not aimed at any individual poster, it's a general comment.

This is a political issue. How fecking convenient to make it out that's its not so. Like your postings are sooo a-poltical. We were told at the last GE that the state party were the only managers for the job!

Nobody wallowing about in despair this side of the screen buddy. I didn't beleive the utter tripe and bullshit spounted by the cheerleaders during the supposed boom and I ain't putting any store in the bullshite now.

We'll do as we always do and look after ourselves as best we can given the dire economic circumstances, and if we can help out neighbors and local community we'll do so. It's time the people took back the collective responsibilty for their futures and try and rebuild local social networks that have deteriorated over the last 20 years. However, it's easier said than done. Me'ism and self promotion have been the by-word in Ireland and I don't see anything changing as our societies are moulded into a self absorded consumerist society.

Who give a feck? Everyone trying to put a crust on the table does. The real question is will anything change fundamentally or will we just revert to slogans and the same old, same old? It's time the Irish leadership and establishment, like the Japanese have done, take a long hard look in the mirror. When the Japanese leadership fails, whether in govt or industry, the top guys/gals take the responsibility. A wee dab of humility wouldn't go far amiss about this place.

Zhou, it does seem a candide statement of the utterly obvious for so many people and obvious for so many for some time now. I suppose one can give credit, but I still wonder how many people are still in denial and how the majority will react over time. Personally, I lived through the good and bad several times and amn't so put out. As one thing ends, another starts. One has to plan for the future but one has to be realistic also.

One very positive outcome form the thread and some of the responses to it is that I can't wait for the locals. I canvassed last time and have become reinvigorated today. Can't wait.

Hell, I might just change the habit of a lifetime and give a certain party a preference
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowen's twelve hours   Cowen's twelve hours - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Careful now rocky. Don't do anything rash. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowen's twelve hours   Cowen's twelve hours - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowen's twelve hours
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4