Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist Empty
PostSubject: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 11:36 pm

cactus flower wrote:
No left winger would line up with an anti-semitic candidate.

This site is filled with your anti-israeli rants, I thought you were a left winger. There might be hope for you yet

Last edited by Kate P on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mod with youngdan's consent)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:13 am

That is neither true, nor funny. (no longer applies, since modding, thanks. cf)

Last edited by cactus flower on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:17 am

You would be wise to substantiate or remove that statement, youngdan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 12:33 am

johnfás wrote:
You would be wise to substantiate or remove that statement, youngdan.

Maybe if you whispered it to him ...

I'm sure he wasn't serious Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 1:36 am

Have we not spent the last few months villifying Israel. Sometimes I just don't understand you. Are you pro-Israel or anti-Israel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:17 am

youngdan wrote:
Have we not spent the last few months villifying Israel. Sometimes I just don't understand you. Are you pro-Israel or anti-Israel

Well, I'm pro-Jewish and anti-Zionist - I'm pro-Israel but opposed to its settlement program and its vile treatment of the Palestinians.

Do not use the equation "anti-Israel = anti-Semitic". It is a disgusting co-option of Judaism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:03 am

ibis wrote:
youngdan wrote:

Well, I'm pro-Jewish and anti-Zionist - I'm pro-Israel but opposed to its settlement program and its vile treatment of the Palestinians.

Do not use the equation "anti-Israel = anti-Semitic". It is a disgusting co-option of Judaism.

I can well understand a person being pro-Jewish but anti-Zionist like some sects of Jews themselves. But you say that you are pro-Israel and anti-Zionist. That is impossible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 5:27 pm

youngdan wrote:
ibis wrote:
youngdan wrote:

I can well understand a person being pro-Jewish but anti-Zionist like some sects of Jews themselves. But you say that you are pro-Israel and anti-Zionist. That is impossible.

Well, first, let's deal with your comment on cactus flower - cf is anti-Zionist, not anti-Semitic.

As to me - I believe in Israel's right to exist, to be a Jewish state, to live in peace, to defend themselves from invasion and terrorism. All of those are, I think, pro-Israeli positions. I do not accept the settlement program, the apartheid, the wall, the vile treatment of Palestinians on any other basis than serfdom, the regular cutting off of humanitarian aid, the invasions and destabilisations of neighbouring territories, the undeclared nuclear arsenal, the deliberately cowboy brutality of the targeted killings (in the assassination sense of 'cowboy jobs'). Israel's current problems are of its own making, and it is addressing them (not solving them) in the most brutal and dehumanising manner possible. To hear Israelis saying that violence is the "only solution" to the Palestinian problem is utterly chilling, and undermines the whole reason for the existence of Israel.

So - support for Israel, no support for the current policies of Israel. Simple, really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:34 pm

I will tell you what is simple.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu8wAYohJZIEBcJFXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyMTh1OGthBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA00wMDJfODY-/SIG=11of12d7a/EXP=1233761152/**http%3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

Being pro-Israel and anti-Zionist at the same time is impossible. But you being you will not admit that you misspoke or God forbid you were wrong.

I will take it you are not anti-Zionist and do in fact support the state of Israel.

I do not expect a straight answer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 6:52 pm

youngdan wrote:
I will tell you what is simple.

Being pro-Israel and anti-Zionist at the same time is impossible. But you being you will not admit that you misspoke or God forbid you were wrong.

I will take it you are not anti-Zionist and do in fact support the state of Israel.

I do not expect a straight answer

I see no reason to fit my opinions into your restricted mental schema. Why don't you just say "invalid input - does not compute"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:11 pm

At least you know when to give up.

You can remain the one pro-Israel anti Zionist person on Earth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist   Pro-Israel, Anti-Zionist EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 pm

youngdan wrote:
Being pro-Israel and anti-Zionist at the same time is impossible.

An israeli rabbi railing against Zionists