Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens   Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 am

cactus flower wrote:
Do you have any views on what Kaufman said?
I think it odd that the bit about Hamas beimg a deeply nasty organisation doesn't get commented on more.

The Israelis and Hamas have apparantly agreed to a truce, the details of which should soon be forthcoming. Hostilities flare as Hamas accepts deal
It all seems quite sketchy though. Meanwhile tit-for-tat exchanges continue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens   Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 2:53 am

905 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Do you have any views on what Kaufman said?
I think it odd that the bit about Hamas beimg a deeply nasty organisation doesn't get commented on more.

The Israelis and Hamas have apparantly agreed to a truce, the details of which should soon be forthcoming. Hostilities flare as Hamas accepts deal
It all seems quite sketchy though. Meanwhile tit-for-tat exchanges continue.

Do you have anything specific in mind? I think the inequality in power is part of the reason. Hamas are nasty, but are very small beer compared with Israel. In terms of armed force it is a sledgehammer and nut situation.

When I hear Al Quaeda pronouncements and see the atrocities they carry out, the similarity in outlook and brutality with the US government is striking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens   Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:08 am

I was making a sarcastic comment on how somethings are picked up and run with while others are ignored.

On the more important matter of the truce, it is questionable whether a truce will survive the formation of government. It may however, the fact that the negotiating has continued is a good sign.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens   Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:17 am

905 wrote:
I was making a sarcastic comment on how somethings are picked up and run with while others are ignored.

On the more important matter of the truce, it is questionable whether a truce will survive the formation of government. It may however, the fact that the negotiating has continued is a good sign.

Sarcasm is generally lost on me. Basically, very few people would ever have heard of Hamas if the Israeli military hadn't launched a massive onslaught on Gaza.
There is a thread here on the role of the US in fostering islamic fundamentalist jihadists; Hamas of course were promoted by the Israelis. Two different, but complementary forms of barbarism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens   Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:30 am

Well I thought the winning of an election got them more notoreity, such would seem to be the case with Kaufman. Not to mention the suicide bombings.

I'm guessing you don't want to discuss the truce?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens   Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:38 am

905 wrote:
Well I thought the winning of an election got them more notoreity, such would seem to be the case with Kaufman. Not to mention the suicide bombings.

I'm guessing you don't want to discuss the truce?

Not right this moment, as Im heading off to bed, but in principle, yes. When people second guess what other people are thinking, it usually reveals more about their own thoughts than anyone else's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens   Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaches of Gazan Ceasefire - Siege Tightens
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2