Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:38 am

Still haven't seen a 09 car. Did you get a thrill when you saw one Cactus?

I remember going to France on holidays as a child. One of the games that one can play with children when you go to France is getting a map of the different French Departments and see if over your holiday you can spot a car from all 100 Departments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:58 am

Sales down 66% according to Wednesday's Irish Times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:39 am

johnfás wrote:

Will that level out during the year though ...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:42 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Will that level out during the year though ...

No. It will go down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

One of my friends dads is a car dealer for one of the 'luxury' brands. He said he has pretty much written off 2009 already!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:37 pm

Praise the Lord! The environment is Saved! sunny

All we need to do now is open up the bus services to private operators. More buses, more routes, more jobs for drivers. We should save the subsidies for uneconomic but necessary routes.

I heard someone say yesterday that the Dublin bus routes were still determined by the old tramline routes What a Face .
And its this that we've based the quality bus lanes on? I hope not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Most of the bus routes to the older areas of Dublin are based on the tram routes. This isn't necessarily a bad thing because they continue to serve the same areas and the basic road networks around much of the inner suburbs have not changed that much. For instance, Terenure used to be the hub for the number 16 tram whereas now the 16 and 16a bus run through the centre of Terenure Village. I think the real problem is the hotch potch way in which the system has expanded which means there is alot of overlap in some places whereas a lack of service in others. The whole thing needs to be reworked as a result.

I think the QBC lanes have really just been built on the roads which have the capability of expansion to have them. There will never be a quality bus corridor in my area without a major change to the road system - you would need one way systems everywhere. Compare this to the N11 where it was easy to add a Bus Lane on. What you get near me is stretches of bus lane for a few hundred metres where they can fit it in followed by a bottle neck as the bus tries to come back into the general road system. You may as well not have them if you do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
I saw a D in the low 2000's in Malahide.

2000 * 12 months = 24,000 cars potentially for Dublin this year - is that normal ?

Except it wouldn't even be that - the busiest time in the car market id the first quater - very few cars are bought in december for instance, why bother when you can wait a month and get next years reg and have your new car for 12 months instead of less than one. That being said though more than 24k cars will be registered in Dublin in '09...hopefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:15 pm

Kate P wrote:
I drive a lot across the Midlands and the East and haven't seen a single 09 car....
Driving my sister home from Naas, we saw one. She's seen quite a few apparantly, down in Carlow I think. It depends on whether you look out for them or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare   Vehicle News:  Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicle News: Two '09 cars spotted in Limerick / Clare
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2