Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart

Go down 
AuthorMessage

NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart Empty
PostSubject: NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart   NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:41 pm

What on earth does this error mean and how can I help my girlfriend, who is over in Limerick to fix it?

Most of the links I get when I type it into Google say that it can occur when you upgrade from Windows 2000 to XP but this isn't the case here as it is a laptop which has always and continues to run XP. However, her battery died whilst Windows XP was updating so I assume this was the root cause.

She doesn't have a CD of XP because strangely Sony keep it as some peculiar installer in the backgroun on the laptop through Dos.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart   NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I'm afraid I've never heard of it johnfás. I'll ask around here ...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart   NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 pm

NTLDR is short for NT Loader. So It would seem the boot program that is supposed to Load Windows is broken/lost/corrupt. Have you got a repair CD or something ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart   NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:54 pm

She had to get her computer formatted a year ago and when she reinstalled Windows she made some CDs at the time when the installation process prompted her to. I presume they'd be them? I would imagine they're in Dublin though which means it will wait until the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart   NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart Empty

Back to top Go down

NTLDR is Missing - Press Ctrl Alt + Delete to Restart
Page 1 of 1