Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

 

 The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Perhaps that's it imokyrok. The Jerusalem Post is a shocker when I came to it the other day. It must be tough being an Israeli peace activist.

There are some very good people there.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:19 pm

Very well produced video from Eirigi.



A comment from a blogger

by trailing grouse in out of Egypt | Trackback | RSS Feed
Perhaps it’s because he’s the only Western guy on TV getting visibly angry about civilians getting injured and killed. Perhaps it’s because he actually talks some sense. Perhaps it’s because the combination of those two points leads to the hope that someone will do something.

I try hard not to get involved in politics here - this isn’t what my blog is for. I am using my ‘admin’ authority to override that in this instance (ooh the dizzy heights of power!).

The ‘war’ on Gaza features on most major news headlines at the moment. If you are watching CNN, BBC, Sky, Fox, or any other of the leading news channels you will not have the same level of reporting as if you have access to Al Jazeera International. While, understandably, this channel is rather pro-Palestinian, it is also the ONLY international news channel with reporters inside Gaza (Israel expelled all foreign journalists from the Strip before it launched its assault). So, if you have the opportunity to turn it on, I offer the suggestion that it may be interesting.

Now, back to Mr Ging. He is the UN’s Director of Operations in Gaza. I have no idea what this guy is like. Perhaps he always shouts, perhaps he’s just over excitable, perhaps he’s been brainwashed by Hamas. From what I’ve seen of him, I like to think that he’s incensed by what is unfolding before his eyes. If you haven’t had the opportunity to see him, I will offer you a fat-free treat from You Tube (there are no bloody scenes in these clips):
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:37 am

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/05/398746.html?c=on#c196133

An interesting perspective on the difference between being anti-Israeli and anti-semitic and how it affected indymedia.co.uk some months back.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:39 am

Haven't time to read that now but I'll read it tomorrow. Anti-semitism is toxic, the same as any form of racism.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:24 pm

News management is a horrible business. Even Al Jazeera can get caught - there were pictures for a few days of a lovely fruit and veg market in Gaza supposedly showing that people could go and shop in the cease fire - strangely underpopulated pictures though considering the five hour bread queues, then two days ago an old man in the market went cracked at the camera shouting that it was all a fake set up by the Israelis.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:35 am

My husband and I just sent the following email to everyone in our address books:[i]I'd appreciate it if you would give a minute of your time to object to the slaughter of Gazan children by signing this petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/israeli-embassy-in-ireland/sign.html Forward the link if you can. If you have any doubts you can take a look at the pictures on this website but you'll need a strong stomach. http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/10156 Can more of you do the same? There is so little we can do but perhaps for once the pen really will be mightier than the sword. 
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm

I'll do that imokyrok - I'll also copy your posts onto the Action on Gaza thread - there is information there on demonstrations and boycotts.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
imokyrok wrote:
My husband and I just sent the following email to everyone in our address books:[i]I'd appreciate it if you would give a minute of your time to object to the slaughter of Gazan children by signing this petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/israeli-embassy-in-ireland/sign.html Forward the link if you can. If you have any doubts you can take a look at the pictures on this website but you'll need a strong stomach. http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/10156 Can more of you do the same? There is so little we can do but perhaps for once the pen really will be mightier than the sword.
I'll put that link up on the front. Are you going to boycott Israeli produce too ?

I am but to be honest I don't recall ever seeing 'made in Israel' on a product. Strange that.


Last edited by imokyrok on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just noticed above post had same info.)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm

imokyrok wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
imokyrok wrote:
My husband and I just sent the following email to everyone in our address books:[i]I'd appreciate it if you would give a minute of your time to object to the slaughter of Gazan children by signing this petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/israeli-embassy-in-ireland/sign.html Forward the link if you can. If you have any doubts you can take a look at the pictures on this website but you'll need a strong stomach. http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/10156 Can more of you do the same? There is so little we can do but perhaps for once the pen really will be mightier than the sword.
I'll put that link up on the front. Are you going to boycott Israeli produce too ?

I am but to be honest I don't recall ever seeing 'made in Israel' on a product. Strange that.
Kevin Myers is forever going on about boycotts and pointing out that half the stuff we use without thinking was made in Israel. Computers in particular it seems.

But then this is the man who ascribed to the whole of the western world a subconsciousness the other day, an anti-Israeli one, and put our opposition to Israel's actions down to a sort of Oedipus complex.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:03 pm

905 wrote:
imokyrok wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
imokyrok wrote:
My husband and I just sent the following email to everyone in our address books:[i]I'd appreciate it if you would give a minute of your time to object to the slaughter of Gazan children by signing this petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/israeli-embassy-in-ireland/sign.html Forward the link if you can. If you have any doubts you can take a look at the pictures on this website but you'll need a strong stomach. http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/10156 Can more of you do the same? There is so little we can do but perhaps for once the pen really will be mightier than the sword.
I'll put that link up on the front. Are you going to boycott Israeli produce too ?

I am but to be honest I don't recall ever seeing 'made in Israel' on a product. Strange that.
Kevin Myers is forever going on about boycotts and pointing out that half the stuff we use without thinking was made in Israel. Computers in particular it seems.

But then this is the man who ascribed to the whole of the western world a subconsciousness the other day, an anti-Israeli one, and put our opposition to Israel's actions down to a sort of Oedipus complex.

Has anyone ever read a Myers article they agree with, I wonder. I think he licks his finger to test the way the wind is blowing and then writes the opposite. Mind you, I haven't read him in a very long time - I have my blood pressure to think about.

I've been trying to find out about Israeli products for some a while now and read conflicting info. One site says for example that Coca cola contribute financially to Israel, the next confims that is just a rumour etc. Also many lists are aimed at the American market and products not marketed here. Additionally companies and sections of companies continually change hands and supporting one today could be support for Israel tomorrow. It ain't easy. If anyone knows a good list relevant to the Irish Market I'd like to see it. In the meantime I'll avoid the oranges and look for 'made in Israel' signs and labels.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Apparantly various Arab countries once threatened to ban any product marketed in Israel. Pepsi took it seriously, but Coke defied them and sold in Israel. It's all in the past now but some Israelis still choose Coke for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:31 pm

In view of the OP

Please post details of any events, boycotts, useful email addresses, petitions, suggestions in relation to action against the Gaza massacre here. In order to keep the thread useable, please post any comments on the Gaza threads and not here

would either of you mind if I move the last four threads over to the Irish Response to Gaza thread?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:40 pm

I wouldn't. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:45 pm

905 wrote:
I wouldn't. Sorry.

No problem at all. Thank you 905.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Hopes of a ceasefire  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/16/us-israel-sign-agreement-_n_158525.html"  Israel's Security Cabinet will vote Saturday night on an Egyptian proposal for a truce to end the 3-week-old offensive against Gaza's Hamas rulers, a senior government official said.

The official said a vote to approve the truce would amount to a "unilateral" cease-fire, though Israeli forces would only leave Gaza after an official declaration that the fighting was over. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to release the information.....

Gaza residents said they heard tanks roll away from their positions in the eastern and southern fringes of the city, leaving clouds of dust in their wake. At least 40 tanks and military vehicles retreated into Israel, but a senior security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the tanks were to redeploy, and were not withdrawing."


Last edited by imokyrok on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Quote :
though Israeli forces would only leave Gaza after an official declaration that the fighting was over

At this stage, I hope I'm wrong, but I think all the talking is just a cover for prolonging the slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza   The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The Irish Response to the Siege of Gaza
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Live Webcam in Gaza / White phosphorus bombs / Israel declares Unilateral Ceasefire -Troops pull out
» Israeli Embassy in London Under Siege.
» Action Against the Gaza Massacre - Notices and Contacts
» BBC in disgrace over refusal to air appeal for Gaza
» Gaza Strip and Israeli Blogs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: World Politics and Events-
Jump to: