Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:03 am

youngdan wrote:
He got banned from P.ie. I think this is wrong as he was there from 2004. This carry on of some wanker dying and everyone praising him and crying has got to stop.

I am not talking about O Brien but every tom dick and harry. This is a mental illness. When Haughey died that half wit gave him a state funeral at a fair expense when everybody knew he was a low life debauching thief. Who gave a bollix about his wife when he didn't himself and was riding all round him.

This feminised clap-trap and foolishness has got to a point where even Mao is a good guy.

Of course when the Austrian guy got killed the rules were different and he was a homosexual maggot. Nobody was worried about the feelings of his wife and family.

If republicans want to give out about CCOB let them

Correct me if I'm wrong youngdan but I didn't see any women in the condolence queue for CCOB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:36 am

No but there are plenty of men acting like women with their auld condolences to the family shythe. The family would not even grunt at them in the street in all liklihood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:10 pm

youngdan wrote:
He got banned from P.ie. I think this is wrong as he was there from 2004. This carry on of some wanker dying and everyone praising him and crying has got to stop.

I am not talking about O Brien but every tom dick and harry. This is a mental illness. When Haughey died that half wit gave him a state funeral at a fair expense when everybody knew he was a low life debauching thief. Who gave a bollix about his wife when he didn't himself and was riding all round him.

This feminised clap-trap and foolishness has got to a point where even Mao is a good guy.

Of course when the Austrian guy got killed the rules were different and he was a homosexual maggot. Nobody was worried about the feelings of his wife and family.

If republicans want to give out about CCOB let them
On Sidewinders ban.I dont know a lot about CCOB but I heard a lad on the radio yesterday.Some archive tapes of an angry Town Hall meeting in Derry in the 70's.I was stuck in traffic and only half interested in the broadcast.Anyways CCOB was getting a right bollocking from an angry attendance.There is a very good post from a poster on the ban thread by a poster called Sitric.
The only reason I looked at the thread was to see what the kerfuffle was about.
A storm in a teacup which I am sure Mr.Cochrane and the Derryman can repair if they so wish.
A removal of the offending text would not delete the view expressed and would respect Mr.Cochranes position as owner of the pretty well run facility(imho) ...etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:25 pm

I consider Dave Cochrane very highly. He has a great site. He would not want to lose a respected long time poster like Sidewinder most poster are just fly by night kids who change their name and come and go. Dave's hand was forced as he gave Sidewinder a chance to modify himself but no dice.

I do not blame Sidewinder either because the republican guys are going to call it as they see it and in this case the see it as being clear cut.

The problem is expecting posters to put a lid on their opinion because some lad eventually dies. If he is a bollox then dying does not unbollox him.

It is exactly like barring a good customer for giving a fool a slap. You unbar him as soon as possible before he brings his cronies up the road while still saving face and making your point.

Hopefully Sidewinder is getting thirsty and Dave is thinking of January
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:43 pm

On Sitric's poat, there was much ado here a while back when I took a dim view of the UN role in the Congo with CCOB. It got complicated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:12 pm

An Reilig is a place for reflection on the life of an individual. I have no problem with the honest views of a poster being expresse, no matter how negative. That isn't the same as abuse. The fact that libel laws do not allow a dead person to have a reputation is not a good enough excuse for trashing someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 1:54 am

Sidewinder must have been drunk when he posted this on pie;

"...an appalling grotesque anti-national treacherous lying scumbag of immense proportions." and more in that vein.

You don't have to be a fan of C C O'Brien to object to posts like that about a recently deceased person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:02 am

eamo wrote:
Sidewinder must have been drunk when he posted this on pie;

"...an appalling grotesque anti-national treacherous lying scumbag of immense proportions." and more in that vein.

You don't have to be a fan of C C O'Brien to object to posts like that about a recently deceased person.

I saw the post of Sidewinder and your own eamo - you were pretty revolted as were many others.

There should be some little conventions in these forums and going after politics in such a thread is like treating your enemy soldiers badly. I'm sure some threads sprung up where CCOB was rightly excoriated and defended. It could be very educational for the likes of some of us who have no gut feeling for the North to see a decent argument on the man and his effect on republican media censorship and his interest in the unionist community. These kind of threads always go skew-ways with anger and indignation though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies   Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conor Cruise O'Brien Dies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2