Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage

Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:21 am

toxic avenger wrote:
I'll transfer over a post from another thread (I posted the same on P.ie, on three threads, but not a single response, perhaps I'm going insane)...

Running in the UK is a big mistake. They'll split the anti-Lisbon vote, and I doubt they'll get close to even a single seat. Can not understand why they would do this, and neither can Nigel Farage of UKIP:
Quote :
"I'm a little surprised that Libertas want to stand in the UK as their policy seems almost the same as David Cameron's Conservatives'.

"They [Libertas] just want some change and reform within the union. I cannot see, given that UKIP is committed to the UK being an independent country, that we have anything in common at all."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7777713.stm

I hope they fail miserably there, and in the North. Stupid.

I don't think Ganley was ever 100% about Lisbon - it was more about the Euro elections. As such, standing in the UK was on the cards - interesting to see if he gets the same kind of support there from the Murdoch press.

By the way, I have to say that...

William Hague wrote:
He added: "Trying to force the Lisbon Treaty down the Irish people's throats again is not only a dangerous distraction from that agenda; it is profoundly undemocratic."

...I'm sick and tired of all this bullying and interference from foreign elites...people like Klaus, Hague should just keep their noses out of Ireland's business, eh?
Back to top Go down

Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 4:33 am

ibis wrote:

I don't think Ganley was ever 100% about Lisbon - it was more about the Euro elections. As such, standing in the UK was on the cards - interesting to see if he gets the same kind of support there from the Murdoch press.

Well then it's hubris, to be followed by nemesis, as with Jimmy Goldsmith.

ibis wrote:

William Hague wrote:
He added: "Trying to force the Lisbon Treaty down the Irish people's throats again is not only a dangerous distraction from that agenda; it is profoundly undemocratic."

...I'm sick and tired of all this bullying and interference from foreign elites...people like Klaus, Hague should just keep their noses out of Ireland's business, eh?

Yes, everyone foreign should keep out, even if they are right in what they say like Hague is...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:02 am

toxic avenger wrote:
ibis wrote:

Yes, everyone foreign should keep out, even if they are right in what they say like Hague is...

Realistically, it's unlikely, though. I suppose we have to accept that they have a stake in the result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:05 am

ibis wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
ibis wrote:

Realistically, it's unlikely, though. I suppose we have to accept that they have a stake in the result.

Perhaps we'll just insist upon the veiled threats from abroad stopping, so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 5:54 am

toxic avenger wrote:
ibis wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
ibis wrote:

Perhaps we'll just insist upon the veiled threats from abroad stopping, so...

For obvious reasons, I'd be delighted. At least next time it will be the Swedes instead of Sarkozy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 5:04 am

Has the action started yet? RTE still have the show on their site?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Ibis stated
Quote :

...I'm sick and
tired of all this bullying and interference from foreign
elites...people like Klaus, Hague should just keep their noses out of
Ireland's business, eh?

Declan Ganley is the prime member of the Foreign Elite interfering here. He has used his money to promote his own political interests. He was not elected and therefore has no mandate from the Irish people. He was born in England, has an English accent and shares the Tory parties hatred of the EU. He is a selfish pawn for the English and US neo-cons and is trying to weaken the EU regardless of the cost to the Irish economy. I would say that every No voter who has lost their job recently has changed their mind about the Lisbon Treaty, Ganley has sowed confusion about the future of the EU, not clever when we are in a deep recession and banking crisis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 12:39 am

Art wrote:
I would say that every No voter who has lost their job recently has changed their mind about the Lisbon Treaty

Why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 2:12 am

Art wrote:
He was born in England, has an English accent ....

This is revolting. There are important points to be made about Libertas/Ganley/Europe. These are not among them. What a revolting idea that reverse snobbery (accent) and xenophobia have anything to offer to the debate.

Disgusted,
Tunbridge Wells
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 3:51 pm

DavidC wrote:
Also cactusflower, if you've going to keep mass-spamming users by PM, would you please have the manners to answer PMs back?
I appreciate I’m a couple of months late with this, but that’s bloody rich coming from you, the master of ignoring awkward pm’s and awkward questions.
I won’t go into discussing people abusing positions of power with you, what a waste of time that would be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:16 am

Thoughtful and well illustrated piece on Ganley here by bocktherobber.

http://bocktherobber.com/2009/02/declan-ganley-a-catholic-werewolf-transubstantiates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
ibis wrote:

Well then it's hubris, to be followed by nemesis, as with Jimmy Goldsmith.

ibis wrote:

William Hague wrote:

And there you have it - either we are part of the EU in which case there is no such thing as 'Ireland's business' - only 'EU business' in which each country has an equal say and the actions of each are legitimate points of concern for all the others. Can't have it both ways. What we do with this vote affects every ohter country in Europe - all shades of opinion are entitled to be expressed about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?   Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prime Time Heckle - How much do you really know about Declan Ganley?
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13