Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Medialens - a brilliant internet resource

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Medialens - a brilliant internet resource Empty
PostSubject: Medialens - a brilliant internet resource   Medialens - a brilliant internet resource EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:23 pm

Laides and gents, for those of you who are unaware of it may I recommend to you the superb not-for-profit UK-based internet website, Medialens? They are a media monitoring site that have been on the go for about six or seven years and in that time have built a huge following in the UK and indeed around the world. They've established themselves as 'the' UK authority on the biases and failings of mainstream media -most especially the liberal media and have published a spectacular number of excellent analyses - which in turn have been published all around the world in various fora.

http://www.medialens.org/index.php

The editors of the site, David Edwards and David Cromwell have also published an excellent book 'Guardians of Power' which ought in my view to be compulsory reading for anyone who claims to have a serious interest in news reporting.

A great resource on Medialens is their message board. It has a huge following and is a truly magnificent source of information on world news and events. I read it ever day without fail and recommend all posters here do the same -whatever your political persuasion. It is posted to by some very knowledgeable commentators and has a wide readership among UK journalists - though few are willing to post openly there.

In addition to their analyses (called media alerts), they have some interesting discussion fora and a selection of incredibly revealing interviews with journalists like Jon Snow, Andrew Marr, Noam Chomsky and so forth. If you want a shake-up on how the mainstream media really functions, Medialens is indispensible reading.

(I'm not on commission btw - just think y'all ought to know about this)
Back to top Go down

Medialens - a brilliant internet resource
Page 1 of 1