Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:43 am

I'm dreading the goldfish story. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:44 am

cactus flower wrote:
I'm dreading the goldfish story. What a Face

I won't say, so. Suffice to say, don't keep fairy liquid near the tank...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 12:20 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
Aragon wrote:
Hillarious thread guys. Us mere hamster and gold-fish owners have nothing worthwile to add here.

As a former hamster owner, they are indeed newsworthy. I had a female give birth to about ten babies, then proceed to drown them all. I managed to save one, which was eventually lovingly looked after by its mother. That hamster became bigger in no time, and eventually killed its dad, I found him one day covered in blood, the crazed progeny still attacking. Then my brother, like an idiot, took the younger hamster out of its cage and it escaped. It only resurfaced when my brother accidentally stepped on it, squelching it all over the floor. The mother died of natural causes, boringly. I never got another hamster. Blood smelly things.

As the proud owners of I think it is five hamsters in a row - all dearly loved - our household is shocked witless by this story. We feel we should mention something to you that you might not have known - hamsters are very solitary creatures and don't like to live with others - they live on their own in the wild - only meeting up for conjugal relations and then back to blissful solitude. They males especially will annihilate each other if kept together. The latest addition to the household is a small dark brown hamster called Molly who is really sweet - and very clean and tidy too - though a couple of them have indeed been complete slaterns.

There is definitely something fishy about the goldfish ( Razz ). Every so often one or two simply disappear. There's one particularly large one in the tank...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 12:31 pm

I currently own a beautiful but possibly evil cat and two mice. Mice make much better pets than hamsters as they eventually become quite friendly. I've had hamsters in the past and they always seemed totally miserable with their lives. My mice seem fairly content and they are great fun to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:46 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
Aragon wrote:
Hillarious thread guys. Us mere hamster and gold-fish owners have nothing worthwile to add here.

As a former hamster owner, they are indeed newsworthy. I had a female give birth to about ten babies, then proceed to drown them all. I managed to save one, which was eventually lovingly looked after by its mother. That hamster became bigger in no time, and eventually killed its dad, I found him one day covered in blood, the crazed progeny still attacking. Then my brother, like an idiot, took the younger hamster out of its cage and it escaped. It only resurfaced when my brother accidentally stepped on it, squelching it all over the floor. The mother died of natural causes, boringly. I never got another hamster. Blood smelly things.

That story has something of the great epic tragedy about it. I just can't think of which one...

Hamsterlet, by William Shakespeare?

Hamtigone by Snuffocles?

Hamedea by Euripides?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:47 pm

EVM, your moggies are gorgeous. I'm almost converted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 pm

Aragon wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Aragon wrote:

As the proud owners of I think it is five hamsters in a row - all dearly loved - our household is shocked witless by this story. We feel we should mention something to you that you might not have known - hamsters are very solitary creatures and don't like to live with others - they live on their own in the wild - only meeting up for conjugal relations and then back to blissful solitude. They males especially will annihilate each other if kept together. The latest addition to the household is a small dark brown hamster called Molly who is really sweet - and very clean and tidy too - though a couple of them have indeed been complete slaterns.

There is definitely something fishy about the goldfish ( Razz ). Every so often one or two simply disappear. There's one particularly large one in the tank...

I was younger and more naive then. I learned much about life, love, and mortality from those smelly rodents though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 am

A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 343973777a5413165648o

My dog, taken a few months ago (he's a bit bigger and a lot more hassle now). We're told he's a mongrel but you'd swear he's a pure-bred lab from the way he looks and carries on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:46 pm

From the white tips, probably a bit of collie there somewhere - and so probably a bit more clever than the average labrador. Lovely puppy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 pm

My labrador is fiendishly clever. Sometimes she feigns a limp to get food or attention, other times she shakes like she's freezing very ostentiously to get the gas fire turned on. When I moved to my present home I had to put up makeshift wooden trellis fences at the side of the house before I could get iron gates made, in order to stop them running out to get at all the dogs that are walked in the park across the road. One day I discovered that they had been running a military style operation to counter this. The Labrador was, only when I was away, chewing off bits of the wood, the German Shepherd was then taking the bits away to hide behind shrubs at the bottom of the garden, and leaves were kicked over the hole being made. My brother was staying with me for a few days and noticed them doing this, so their escape plan was discovered in time. I should, by rights, have taken them to woods and had them machine-gunned, but I showed leniency...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 11:11 pm

My friend's dog would have you believe she is the laziest thing ever, but she is outwitting you. Sitting there, watching, waiting for her moment. Also very demanding - they have a bell like you would have at a reception in the hotel, she rings it a certain number of times when she wants certain things!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:05 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 343973777a5413165648o

My dog, taken a few months ago (he's a bit bigger and a lot more hassle now). We're told he's a mongrel but you'd swear he's a pure-bred lab from the way he looks and carries on.

I just wanted to look at the puppy again Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...   A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Dog - Well, Bitch, Actually...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Sign In-
Jump to: