Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

NationStates 2 Launched!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

NationStates 2 Launched! Empty
PostSubject: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:18 am

Not sure if this is in the right place but meh!

I, along with many others, used to be addicted to NationStates well NationStates 2 launched today and I am (geekily) excited and am currently looking through and setting up my own nation again! Very Happy

Anyone else slightly interested (or dare I say it excited?) about this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 am

Create a totalitarian state and oppress your citizens

Kil Som Yung at your service

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:26 am

I've ended up with a Civil Rights Lovefest despite being a Right winger....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:28 am

spillercork wrote:

You're a right winger ? Is that a football reference ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:30 am

no its a political reference...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

spillercork wrote:

That looks like a lot of fun. I've got a nation now (guess which one Suspect )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 am

cactus flower wrote:
spillercork wrote:

In NationStates 1 or 2 ? The Queendom of a Distant Memory ?

A lot of the ones in "The World" in NS1 are very militaristic entirely - "The Principality of Dragons with Guns", "The People's Democratic Government of Hard Army Bastards"...

jaysus... where's the hippy communes ? The genetic societies involved in building super-human people - the Ubermenschen ?

Ou I found one - "The John Lennon Memorial of Pufferry"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 2:12 am

Oh, NationStates, I had a nation there for many years, until my citizens united to overthrow me in a bloody coup, if you come over to my lair, I shall show you the scars. It is a great game with lots of fun and I shall take the opportunity of the introduction of the new game to re-establish myself there. It is good craic and a subsidiary online interest to the wonder which is Machine Nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:38 pm

yay, im not the only one interested... feels happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:47 pm

spillercork wrote:
yay, im not the only one interested... feels happy! Very Happy

I started a nation, but the site was very, very slow for me. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 pm

its only in beta and is very, very slow! give it time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:08 pm

spillercork wrote:
its only in beta and is very, very slow! give it time! Very Happy

I'm a multi-tasker - I could cook a meal or write a report while a page is opening. I suppose that's good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Fantastic - I used to play NationStates for a while but it got very repetitive. Hopefully this one will have more features. I'll start a nation in a small while. I presume there is a region/alliance function again like in the last one? Perhaps we could set up a MachineNation group?

One thing that always kills me though is trying to decide whether to build the country on what I believe in real life or create a psycopathic dictatorship hell-bent on world domination.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 11:45 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Fantastic - I used to play NationStates for a while but it got very repetitive. Hopefully this one will have more features. I'll start a nation in a small while. I presume there is a region/alliance function again like in the last one? Perhaps we could set up a MachineNation group?

One thing that always kills me though is trying to decide whether to build the country on what I believe in real life or create a psycopathic dictatorship hell-bent on world domination.

I know what you mean. But the imagination wins over doesn't it ? How can your real-life nationstate compete against someone else who runs a Principality of Genetically Enhanced Super Mountain Trolls with ICBMs anyway ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 12:07 am

i think thats the beauty of the game! You start out trying to be realistic and then the dictator in your mind kicks in! Very Happy makes for great fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
spillercork wrote:

A lot of the ones in "The World" in NS1 are very militaristic entirely - "The Principality of Dragons with Guns", "The People's Democratic Government of Hard Army Bastards"...

jaysus... where's the hippy communes ? The genetic societies involved in building super-human people - the Ubermenschen ?

I had a few nations on NS1. One of my favourites was The Most Serene Republic of Placid Tranquility, which was guaged entirely towards creating a lovely nation of lovely people, so I guess you could say that was a hippy love-fest.

My oldest and biggest nation (a few billion people) though was The Armed Republic of Needless Destruction - basket case economy, political and civil freedoms unheard of, environmentalist protestors and dissenting journalists summarily executed. That was fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 11:57 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
spillercork wrote:

I had a few nations on NS1. One of my favourites was The Most Serene Republic of Placid Tranquility, which was guaged entirely towards creating a lovely nation of lovely people, so I guess you could say that was a hippy love-fest.

What happened to the Most Serene Republic?
My oldest and biggest nation (a few billion people) though was The Armed Republic of Needless Destruction - basket case economy, political and civil freedoms unheard of, environmentalist protestors and dissenting journalists summarily executed. That was fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Cactus flower, as I said before I found NS1 very repetitive which got quite boring. Eventually I neglected my nations and after 25 days I think they get destroyed (the stupid thing is that the names don't free back up).

Edit: also http://nationstates2.com/g/nation/placidtranquility
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Just signed up on continent Artic world 62
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:01 am

My Nation of Jebosia in world 49 is powering up the GDP rankings. I'm almost totally self sufficient and expect to be number one in a week or two, I'm currently at no. 3.

My leftist economics approach is taking the world by surprise. I will see my enemies fall before me and consider the lamentation of their women and children to be sweet music (to paraphrase Conan).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NationStates 2 Launched!   NationStates 2 Launched! Empty

Back to top Go down

NationStates 2 Launched!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Machine Nation :: Science, Technology, Engineering, Computers-
Jump to: